Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
319 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
247 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
247 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
167 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
145 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
114 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
107 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
68 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
1 day ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
1 day ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink The Phantom Four launches North Sea Surf Radio

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

I just heard the TomorrowMen on the station - so stoked!!! So far I've heard only quality surf music. The programmers are doing a fantastic job.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

After Niels gets some rest, I'd love to hear how this is programmed. Did they have to rip a ton of music, etc.?

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I've been very busy for the past 24 hours, but I've had the North Sea Surf Radio on every moment I could during that time (mostly as background, for quite a few hours). It is simply amazing!!! I'm so blown away. An incredible selection of music, a great website, and I can't wait to hear the special shows! This is truly a giant leap forward for our genre, and we all owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to Niels. I cannot even imagine the amount of work that this has required, it must be simply staggering. Wow. Worship

(I'm guessing that Niels and whoever was working with him - if there was anybody - probably put in all sorts of descriptors for each song, and then programmed the playlist so as to follow some of these descriptors before shifting to some others. That's my guess, as there definitely seem to be themes that songs follow.)

BTW, I heard several songs by the Madeira and one by the Cossacks so far - thanks so very much, Niels! Best of luck with this whole thing, I really hope it meets all your goals, and thanks again for all your work!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

bigtikidude wrote:

As for those who won't listen because it's not
A flac or lossless feed. Get over it.

YES Jeff is Right on this, the value of this project is beyond the sound quality per se, it is into the programming and the music that is played. Expect all as every dj follows some directions but we can play whatever is surf instro! Quality? I am going to play old vinyls too... actually as more vinyls possible Smile

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

My friends,
As promised I have written en in depth story about North Sea Surf Radio.
I opened a new thread for it here:
http://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/22190
Cheers,
Niels.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

Johnny-O wrote:

Fantastic !!

So far I've only listened via iOS devices and Safari does not support Flash. I'm assuming only the browser Flash plug-in indicates what band and song are being played, correct ? Also I don't think I've ever paid more attention to what time it is in Central Europe, haha.

Thank you for all of your tremendous efforts on this. Smile

There's a 'pls' for it as well, which will stream in iTunes, showing track info as it plays.

http://www.stream-server.nl/streams/2013North_Sea_Surf_radio.pls

DannySnyder wrote:

Me too. BTW they have a cool download comp as a premium for donations. Let's all help finance this worthy endeavor!

I agree! I had some trouble with it (Curse you, Windows 8!) but Niels was terrific solving my problem. The comp is spectacular! The only reason I don't play it more is because I can't listen to it and the radio program (or rehearse) at the same time. Epic effort and wonderful programming.

Again, congratulations to everyone involved!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

What was the first tune played on NSSR?

Brian wrote:

This is freaking amazing! Just sitting here writing some code and listening. So far I've heard the Insect Surfers, The Infrareds, The Coffin Daggers, The Space Agency, The Frogmen, Pollo Del Mar, and Dick Dale!

Monkey

"Turn the knob to 10 and break it off!" -Baja Marty

Goto Page: Previous 1 2