Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink The Phantom Four launches North Sea Surf Radio

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Listening right now, this is great!
Bravo!
northseasurfradio

Me too. BTW they have a cool download comp as a premium for donations. Let's all help finance this worthy endeavor!

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Nice job Niels, we a finally ONLINE!!!
I remind all listeners to check the weekly radio programs starting next saturday. Timing has been adjusted to fit almost any part of the world, if you cannot make the programs they will be re-run during the following week.

If you produce and have new surf music send it to the radio and it will go live.

This radio runs 24/7. Listern to that using the online player or your favorite player.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

www.northseasurfradio.com

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

That compilation looks sweet Danny, thanks! The good boys took care to put a FLAC download.

Thank you all that are involved in this project! I sure will support it.
Audio quality is shockingly awesome, for an online player.

Wow, great news. And today is Niels Jansen's birthday today as well. Cheers

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

This is freaking amazing! Just sitting here writing some code and listening. So far I've heard the Insect Surfers, The Infrareds, The Coffin Daggers, The Space Agency, The Frogmen, Pollo Del Mar, and Dick Dale!

Monkey

Thanks for the heads up, tuned in now too. Great work, Lorenzo et al!

Mike
http://www.youtube.com/morphballio

Last edited: Sep 01, 2013 13:25:51

Listening now,
Diggin it immensely!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

This is likely to be a MAJOR turning point in the history, development and evolution of the Surf Music community! This is not just a low-fi mp3 player shuffling a few Surf albums in between incredibly annoying and overplayed commercials!!! This is 100% custom-programmed and hand-selected Surf Music--the best of the best--literally, thousands of songs chosen by people that really knows their stuff and are incredibly passionate about it--Niels Jansen and Eddy Luca!
Of course, everyone is already familiar with Niels from his exceptional work with The Phantom Four and The North Sea Surf Festival, among other endeavors like his impeccable DJing.

Please take a moment and really look through the new site and all of the amazing things North Sea Surf Radio has to offer!

• Commercial free Surf Music, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

• 7 specially prepared weekly shows exclusive to North Sea Surf Radio presenting Surf from a specific global perspective by some of the most respected folks in the community...Django Deadman (Los Fantasticos), Fernando Pardo (Los Coronas), Caleb Pilgrim (Lost Acapulco), Lorenzo Surfer Joe, Mike Surf (Green Cookie Records), Phantom AKA Niels (The Phantom Four), and Jonpaul (Insect Surfers, The Tikiyaki Orchestra)

• Professional website, high-quality player that works with any device, featured tracks, new adds, exclusives, classic highlights, special premiums for donations, station ids, and so much more!

• Extremely specialized playlists! Just check out the "Timetable" and the descriptions below it for a mind-blowing array of pure, concentrated themed Surf! For example: Surf from 2000 till today, Surf from Europe, Classic covers, Horror Surf, Heavy and Uptempo, World Music influenced Surf, Latin influenced Surf, Live Surf, Arab influenced Surf, and so much more!

HUGE thanks and props to Niels for this labor of love and seeing it through to becoming a reality! We are all so fortunate to have it!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Last edited: Sep 01, 2013 13:39:49

This is amazing! The Madeira! Jim Messina & The Jesters! The Phantom Four (of course!), Jon & The Nightriders, plus old school surf like The Renegades! This is indeed a life changing event!

Please also note that Jonpaul has graciously offered to helm a "SurfGuitar101" program on this station. This is all in addition to his Fiberglass Jungle show on Luxuria! How does he do it? Jonpaul will be working with me to make this weekly show tie in with goings on within the SG101 community. So if you have ideas for this SG101 show please send them to Jonpaul or myself.

Thanks Jonpaul & Niels! Worship

Wow. this is awesome! "where fenders & foxes meet!"

Matt Heaton & the Electric Heaters
"Dick Dale meets Dennis Lehane"
http://www.heatonsurf.com

Wow, this is incredibly cool - Great job all who are involved. As Jonpaul sez "This is not just a low-fi mp3 player shuffling a few Surf albums in between incredibly annoying and overplayed commercials!!! " I've just started listening and am fully hooked. Now, how am I going to fit in listening time for all of those CDs that I bought at Thee Convention and as a result of Fiberglass Jungle, Ivan's constantly great recommentations/Continental mag interviews, etc etc etc. I need to retire now! Since that ain't gonna happen for another year and a half, this will be my regular soundtrack at work.

Rick

Rick

No offense to Ariel,
But I would have liked the first post of the thread
To be more like Jonpaul's post.
I'm no great writer myself, so I can't criticize too much.

As for the station.
I've listened for about 4 hours.
Omg omg omg.
This is the future of surf radio.

As for those who won't listen because it's not
A flac or lossless feed. Get over it.
The pure amount of new stuff I've never heard,
Or songs not heard in a long long time is surely worth it.
Grow up, and just click the listen button.
And maybe if enough people donate.
There could be a high res feed.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Sep 01, 2013 17:23:37

Hi guys,
Just hopping into this thread very briefly to thank you all for your enthusiasm! I am very excited with the launch and hope we can continue to do this for the years to come. Later this week I will return with an in depth story about North Sea Surf Radio. It's working now but it's not done yet by far. With the first 2000 tracks we have not even remotely covered all interesting bands yet. The programming of the shows is not finetuned enough yet and there's still a lot to be done. I've been on this project 16 hours a day for the past few months. With the launch today, an amazing evening at the Endless Summer festival Belgium yesterday and two days in the studio last Thursday and Friday recording the new Phantom Four album I have to get some serious sleep now. I will return here soon to give you some more background info on this monsterproject. Meanwhile enjoy and for the US listeners, keep in mind that what you are hearing now is the night programming.
Cheers,
Niels.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

BTD, no offense taken, I would have liked that as well... I just posted it as soon as I got their promo e-mail and wanted to pass it on to the community. This topic deserves more than my half-assed broken English compliments, even though they are sincere Big Grin .

When venerable Niels will start telling his story about North Sea Surf Radio, then surely that will become the official thread.

Thank you Niels!
Praises for this amazing project! I imagine how it can open so many doors, to new and old bands... You filled a much needed hole. The whole package looks and sounds fantastic, a true work of love. This is the ultimate radio we've been all waiting for, and it's just the beginning...
Rock

Very cool indeed!

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

Had it on for about 2-3 hours, and heard an amazing selection. ("Yang Bu" was on there! I mean WOW!) Running out of adjectives... based on Niels' post, we might have to refer to this as herculean.

Mike
http://www.youtube.com/morphballio

Listening now!
I'm pretty excited to be part of this and hope people are going to enjoy my first show, which will appear on Saturday of this week.
I'm particularly keen to feature as much UK surf music as possible (although certainly not exclusively), so do get in touch if you have any stuff that you'd like me to play.

Los Fantasticos

Last edited: Sep 02, 2013 06:22:01

Fantastic !!

So far I've only listened via iOS devices and Safari does not support Flash. I'm assuming only the browser Flash plug-in indicates what band and song are being played, correct ? Also I don't think I've ever paid more attention to what time it is in Central Europe, haha.

Thank you for all of your tremendous efforts on this. Smile

Goto Page: 1 2 Next