Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Suggestion Box »

Permalink Tech Archive?

Page 1 of 1

I was thinking after seeing Kyles post on re-tolexing his Showman that it might be cool to have an archive for good tech posts on the board.

A spot were we could move threads that had good diy content.
Good tips and tricks.

Stuff like tank mods, guitar re-finshing, what tube goes good with what etc...

The Hot Rod forum I hang out at has an archive like this and it really got folks over there excited about sharing there know how.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/index.php

I don't know, this might be more work for Brian than its worth but it could turn into a valuable tool.

The Thunderchiefs

I'll look into that when I get a chance. Thanks!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Idea That's an excellent idea to have a tech section something that won't get buried or lost among other threads.

Brian would this be possible? would you be kind to start a section dedicated to just amp and guitar tech tips and know how's in the main forum menu? I think this would very beneficial to folks out there thinking of taken up a projects, and for us guys that have done projects to post the steps and the finished projects.

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

I think we can "sticky" such threads in the gear forum. I'm not sure another gear forum is a good idea....?

Maybe a FAQ thread or something like that. Too many tech problems are different from each other. Different symptoms, different amps or guitars, et cetera.

Brian thank you tons for considering the idea, what ever is going to be easy for you I'm in! sticky works Very Happy

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

I would think it's kinda hard to do a seprate tech forum - threads usually combine stuff like what sounds great and looks good with techno babble about mallory v. sprague OD's and what have you. burying it in a separate forum would only make people not read the posts.

it would have been nice for archiving purposes, but in reality, stuff would still be difficult to find, just like it is now. a FAQ someday, maybe ....

personally i also like the fact that we get back to certain topics occasionally. I never get tired of talking about reverb tanks, and where in tehreal world am I going to find someone willing to listen? and besides, I dont have that much to say, so when I do, I need to repeat it often. Very Happy

WR

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Well if someone starts a thread, like a How-To, and a lot of people really like it, let me know and I'll sticky it so it stays near the top.

Page 1 of 1