Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Introductions! New Members Post Here

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 555 56 Next

How about a central thread where all new members can introduce themselves?
With so many new introduction threads lately, maybe it would be simpler to have them all in one familiar place. It also saves the new members the hassle of starting a brand new thread.
So, WELCOME!!! Tell SG101 about yourself!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Hi, I'm Preston Rice. I didn't exist until yesterday, and yet I seem to have an entire identity. How odd.

Btw, great idea.

IMO.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013 10:09:37

Good idea, stickied.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Not new, but I'm Joe. I'm a very funny person, a class-clown if you will, but it's more of a physical style of comedy, so I'm sorry to say that you'll be missing out on most of the good material, but trust me, it's frickin' hilarious. I love listening to electric guitar fronted music and find so many of those early surf recordings transcendent. Being pretty old it's comforting to know that these were laid down even before I was born.

Anyway, random stuff...I miss record shops. I miss having money to blow on records. I do like new surf bands and music. Used to attend shows but it's been a few years. Love my trusty Mosrite. Love my wife, married 20+ years. Proud parent of 2, oldest attending a California University in the Fall. I like creating media. Cameras and guitars are my favorite instruments. I learned to drum on a Remo practice pad in fourth grade. I've written 2 feature length screenplays (that should be made). I like Occult Rock. I like saying, "Occult Rock". I worked at Mesa/Boogie in high school. Born in '66. 3rd-Gen Californian. I watch American Idol. I throw a decent knuckle-ball, as well as a 2-seamer, 4-seam, slider, 12-6 curve, and a pretty good circle change. I like the NFL, MLB, NBA and NCAA. I watch some NASCAR and NHRA. I go to the track too, but usually for practice or qualifying. My first concert was Motley Crue in '82. I don't like my job. I don't really collect things. A good cook. A bit of a foodie. Always looking to discover a new favorite band. And, thanks for having me, I'm happy to be here.

Twisted Evil > Angel

norcalhodad wrote: Not new, but I'm Joe.

Hello Joe,
Glad to have you with us. I think you will enjoy it here. We have a great bunch of guys and gals. Born is 66? Small world, my first car (66 Chevy II SS) was born in 66.

Miss record shops also. But if I leave my mp3 player on the dash board in the sun, it does not warp the way records did.

Miss having money to blow of records? Yep, that happens when you get a wife and kids. Those ought to come with warning labels.

I have to confess, I have no idea what occult rock is. You have me on that one.

Talk to you later,
Norm

Joe has been here since nearly the beginning, but it was very nice to hear his story! Joe, do you still have your Hella Vader stuff up somewhere? It was pretty amazing.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Thanks Norm! I was kind of grandfathered-in, I guess, from the beginning and was never subjected to any formal introduction, or hazing, so there it is. The veil has been lifted.

Brian, currently I'm sorting through stuff, "archiving" it at Bandcamp where high quality files can be shared for free. And hoping to cook up some new recordings soon.

And here's an Occult Rock sample for Norm... BEWARE!!!

Twisted Evil > Angel

Joe,
Thanks for the sample. Her voice reminds me of Gracie Slick's voice. Well, I learned something today. Got a taste of occult rock.

Talk to you later,
Norm

Hello. I have a surf band and got linked to the site by a friend of mine. Seems like a cool place to get to know other dudes who like this kinda music, among other things.

This is a signature.

BATLORD wrote:

Hello. I have a surf band and got linked to the site by a friend of mine. Seems like a cool place to get to know other dudes who like this kinda music, among other things.

Welcome aboard.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

BATLORD wrote: Hello. I have a surf band and got linked to the site by a friend of mine

Welcome to our little corner of cyber space. Glad to have you with us. This is the place to share your interest in surf. I always like hearing a fresh voice or new perspective in our discussions. We have a great bunch of guys and gals here. We have everyone from absolute beginners to old hacks (like myself) to some of the best surf guitarists on the planet. One thing you will notice that is different from many guitar forums is that you can speak without fear of getting flamed. We may not always agree, but we do treat each other with respect. On mnay things there is no right or wrong, just our own preference. Even so, you can always get some ideas from the others here. They are a helpful lot. I hope you enjoy it here. I suspect you will. Be looking forward to hearing more about you, your gear, your band and your music.

Talk to you later,
Norm

BATLORD wrote:

Welcome.

THE KBK ... This is the last known signal. We offer Sanctuary.

www.thekbk.com
http://www.deepeddy.net/artists/thekbk/
www.reverbnation.com/thekbk
www.facebook.com/thekbkal

Hey Batlord, any association with that spooky band of your namesake?

Twisted Evil > Angel

norcalhodad wrote:

I presume you mean Bathory, and yes it came from that band's name being written in Gothic font so that the H looks like an L and the Y a D.

Though there is also a dude called Batlord who does a mix of industrial and extreme metal based in LA. http://www.myspace.com/batlord

This is a signature.

Hi Batlord, welcome to the forum. Fellow East bayer here. What's the name of your band? Any weblinks for us to check out?

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

DannySnyder wrote:

Hi Batlord, welcome to the forum. Fellow East bayer here. What's the name of your band? Any weblinks for us to check out?

Oh yes I have a band I forgot!

The band's name is Spittin' Teef and we're pretty much all covers all the time. I just recently got the ball rolling with them again. I got a couple videos on youtube that this guy took of us at some performances that date to 2011: here and image. Searching the name will find all kinds of videos.

This is a signature.

Here they are. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFxaZCDqFTA

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

BATLORD wrote:

norcalhodad wrote:

I presume you mean Bathory, and yes it came from that band's name being written in Gothic font so that the H looks like an L and the Y a D.

Though there is also a dude called Batlord who does a mix of industrial and extreme metal based in LA. http://www.myspace.com/batlord

Yeah, I was actually referring to the latter of the two. Parts of their sound reminds me of, The Seeds/60's garage so I thought maybe a member of their's had joined up. Was kind of curious if maybe you were actually the bald dude with the painted head.

Twisted Evil > Angel

norcalhodad wrote:

BATLORD wrote:

norcalhodad wrote:

Yeah, I was actually referring to the latter of the two. Parts of their sound reminds me of, The Seeds/60's garage so I thought maybe a member of their's had joined up. Was kind of curious if maybe you were actually the bald dude with the painted head.

oh well sorry to disappoint but my head is full of hair!

This is a signature.

Hello!

Just joined the group. I've been playing guitar since I saw New Order in a teeny tiny club in London back in 1984. Blew me away. Returned to Canada and have been playing ever since. I should be a lot better than I am!! lol

I listen and play all kinds of music. Currently I have a fledgling surf band and a regular jazz/ swing group. What can I say, I like it all! Great to be here.

TeeJay

PS- Oh, and I love Johnny Marr Smile

TeeJay ōjō

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 555 56 Next