Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink AXL Jazzmaster?

Page 1 of 1

Anybody ever seen this?
It's an AXL Marquee MJZ. About 225 brand spankin' new.
Never played one, but they sound good on youtube.

If you have any experience with them, let me know. They look sweet for the price and enticing for the sound.

Pretty surfy, too.

I've thought about getting one of those before. I'm glad that one doesn't have their 'relic finish' like some other Axl guitars. Might be fine right out of the box, but with a little tweaking I'm sure it could be a nice player. That's the fun part about cheaper guitars. You can go crazy modding them in ways you'd probably never dream of on a more expensive/vintage guitar.

Looks pretty cool and the price is right. I'm diggin that color. =)

Have you looked at these guitars from the Guitar Fetish site? Looks pretty decent. About $230. Xaviere XV-JT100

Last edited: Mar 07, 2013 11:15:06

Tried one at NAMM last year. Felt like it was going to fall apart if you dug in too hard.

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

There's a blue one on Ebay for $189. I'd pick one up for that price. I'd also get their LP Jr. if it had two pickups.
I did a little reading up on AXL. The bodies and necks are made in China, but everything else is American made and assembled in California. There's a dealer near me and they seem to be fairly solid.

Either you surf, or you fight.

Axl seems to have a better rep than Xavier, but my opinion is strictly anecdotal.

I do like that JM from Xaviere...never played one of their gits, either.

I have a Xaviere XV-JT100 as a backup guitar. I like it.
That AXL doesn't look too enticing with its Start style tremolo and its P-90s.

Ran

The Scimitars

Anybody know the quality between Xaviere and Squier?
That Jazzmaster from Xaviere is quite enticing, and I know Squier makes some solid rigs...they have a great VM Jag and Jazzmaster I'd consider, too.

When I bought my Xaviere the Squiers that were available were the horrible ones that did not really look like a Jazzmaster. After the "good" Squiers came out I think I would have leaned towards them.
Ran

The Scimitars

I have three Squiers, all teles, and their very solid. Good necks, good fret work, and decent pups. I've read very good reviews about the Vintage Modified Jag and they have it in a sweet surf green. Xaviers seem to be all over the map in terms of quality control based on what I've read. Again, anecdotal evidence and no personal experience with them. Prices are comprable between the two companies, so I would be inclined to go with a Squier.

Page 1 of 1