Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink The Official 2012 Member Mp3 Compilation Thread

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Ok, I just wasn't sure you knew about that! Smile Thanks for contributing!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

ok Smile

I've got a question: at 2010, I uploaded a song for the compilation. There were some funny comments - "the refrain isn't sad enough", etc Smile and i wanted to read them again, but i didn't find this compilation, under downloads. Is there any chance to find this, or these comments are lost?

original compositions (low-level demo stuff /out of tune, etc) myStuff not my best, but i don't like to be in a musician community without anything to show

Yeah... when we moved to the new site software some I kind of cleaned house on some of the older downloads. I probably should have kept them for the comments.

I'm going to start packing this up to put on archive.org. Anyone want to make some cover art? Or are CD's officially obsolete? Smile

Cover art is cool..someone step up Wink

www.northofmalibu.com

theme / style/ deadline? Smile

original compositions (low-level demo stuff /out of tune, etc) myStuff not my best, but i don't like to be in a musician community without anything to show

Brian wrote:

I'm going to start packing this up to put on archive.org. Anyone want to make some cover art? Or are CD's officially obsolete? Smile

Even if CD's are officially obsolete, the cover art is nice for those of us who keep very meticulous Itunes libraries.

THE KBK ... This is the last known signal. We offer Sanctuary.

www.thekbk.com
http://www.deepeddy.net/artists/thekbk/
www.reverbnation.com/thekbk
www.facebook.com/thekbkal

Yep, you need cover art at 500x500 pixels for the ID3 tag, at very least.

SSIV

I'm pleased to announce that the SG101 2012 MP3 compilation is now available on archive.org. By uploading our collection to archive.org we are sharing our little comp with a much wider audience. Several tracks in the past have been used in independent films and videos. In addition we get a nice convenient place to download all the tracks at once in a .zip archive. You can also stream the tracks using the Javascript player or download as a torrent. Please spread the word and share this link.

Thanks to everyone who contributed this year!

Please consider donating to archive.org for providing this nifty service and for everything else they do!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012 15:12:56

listening party anyone?

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Thank You for assembling this Brian, we're thrilled to be in such company.

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

Forgive me for being lazy. Is there a way to download this in it's entirety as a whole file as the past years? I'm listening to this now and it's great. Thank you to all the contributors!

Brian - Thanks so much for doing this!! Merry Christmas to all.

CUTBACK

wfoguy wrote:

Forgive me for being lazy. Is there a way to download this in it's entirety as a whole file as the past years?

Do you mean as a .zip file of all the individual mp3's? Or the whole comp as one giant .mp3? I wasn't aware of the latter.

If you want a .zip file, there is a link in the left sidebar under Play/Download called "VBR ZIP". That will get you a 124 MB .zip file with all the individual entries in it.

DannySnyder wrote:

listening party anyone?

The 26th?

www.northofmalibu.com

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012 15:52:13

It looks like The Retronauts "Besa Mi Mucho" track is corrupt on archive.org. The version here plays fine for me, but I have at least one report it does not. I'll upload it again to archive.org. Does anyone else have problems with the version from this site?

Hey Brain,
This is Rob from The Retronauts. Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and you are right - I couldn't get it to play through the archive.org site either, although it seems to work fine here on SG101. If you need another file sent to you, let me know and I can provide a new one. Let me know if you have any special requirements as far as how to prep the file if I need to do anything different.

I'll be away from my computer for a few days, but will have some access to email.

Rob, if a few more people confirm the version on SG101 is ok, I'll just re-upload it to archive.org. Thanks!

kenposurf wrote:

DannySnyder wrote:

listening party anyone?

The 26th?

It would have to be in the evening which may be hard given the different time zones. Maybe Sunday 12 EST - 9 PST?

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Brian, me (Ruediger) had problems in opening and playing track 27
Besame Mucho.
I downloaded it from the podcast site of SG 101 instead.
It is a compilation that shows many different styles of modern surf music.
Thanks a lot to all musicians who played so well and contributed to the listener pleasure. It was the worht to wait for it!!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next