Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Surf Age Nuggets

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Good news - the CD's transfered to iTunes just fine. I see a small scratch on the disc - I guess my car stereo couldn't handle it but my computer could. Hopefully something similar is going on with Ivan's disc.

Sean
Double Crown Records
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Surf CD's / Vinyl / Fanzines / DVD's
The Desolate Coast - Without A Planet CD
Hipbone Slim aka Sir Bald - Wiggin' Out With CD
Continental Magazine - Issue #36 w/21 Song CD

I un-received mine on Saturday. Apparently somewhere along the line in the mail it wore through the packing (a manilla envelope) and ejected. The ripped, empty envelope was delivered, stamped by USPS "received empty, packaging damaged." I am working on getting it replaced. Since Amazon doesn't have an automated process for this I am trying to return the envelope via the return of damaged goods procedure. Hopefully that will work. Bummer!

Just ordered. Looking forward to getting this!

Wow Tuck! You can't email them and say you got an empty package? Mine shipped today, I hope I have better luck.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Brian wrote:

Wow Tuck! You can't email them and say you got an empty package? Mine shipped today, I hope I have better luck.

I couldn't figure out how to contact a human being. I seem to recall this is a standard Amazon problem. It is certainly a standard mailorder problem these days. Especially concerned that the return is UPS, but the original munged shipment was USPS. I can see several Catch 22 situations developing if they choose to get all bureaucratic about things. "Wrong Carrier." "No returned item." "Please send us a picture of the damaged package that you have already returned to us." "You failed to discover our cleverly hidden scheme for handling this situation." I did scan the envelope.

Yes, I can see that. It's very frustrating living in this automated world. Best of luck getting that sorted out.

Just got mine today! WOW! I mean, DOUBLE WOW! This is IMO the best Surf music comp anyone has done. Pure unbridled teenage surf-stompin’ fury! If you digged the stuff on this thread... http://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/17445/?page=1 then you're going to love this! I can't help but wonder if they saw it. Big Grin

So, stop what you're doing and get it now! Some of these songs have been on rare LP comps, but they managed to dig up TONS of even more obscure stuff. The booklet looks amazing with lots of cool pics. Can't wait to read the liner notes. AAAplus! Need I say more?

BOSS FINK "R.P.M." available now from DOUBLE CROWN RECORDS!
www.facebook.com/BossFink

I just got mine today, shipped in a cardboard box from Amazon (any luck Tuck?). Wow, maybe I didn't read close enough or pay attention, but I did not realize these 4 CD's are packaged in a very nice full color cardboard backed book with tons of neat and retro photos and artwork. Even if you have half of these songs already it is worth it to get them all in one collection and the ultra neato booklet!

I'm the same way, Brian. Even with all the talk, the actual packaging of this set really knocked me out. I don't see how anyone interested in surf music can not get this. I'm still in awe a little that whatever powers that be decided this needed to be done--pretty amazing.

I'm listening, but it will take a long time for so much music to sink in. I really liked Chris Isaak's little blurb in the forward, too.

I can't offer up any more "kudos" than all of you have ! This is fabulous & will take awhile to sink in, digest & sort out. Some of these tunes would be simply impossible to find & the "book" itself is well worth the price of admission ! In case anyone is interested, I got mine fom Collector's Choice Music....good shape, well packed & timely delivery. They have em' on sale this month (Nov. 2012) only & the box is reasonably priced: ($ 45 + $ 9 shipping). They are @ www.ccmusic.com

Brian wrote:

I just got mine today, shipped in a cardboard box from Amazon (any luck Tuck?). Wow, maybe I didn't read close enough or pay attention, but I did not realize these 4 CD's are packaged in a very nice full color cardboard backed book with tons of neat and retro photos and artwork. Even if you have half of these songs already it is worth it to get them all in one collection and the ultra neato booklet!

Mine also came in a (way too big) cardboard box from Amazon. Two discs in and loving it so far.

Los Fantasticos

Okay, here's rave review Part II from me. Been listening to this collection non-stop! The liner notes are very cool, informative, and written in a fun style. The pics are great and really illustrate the pop culture aspects of this phenomenon. Man, I would love to put together a band specifically to play the stuff off this disc! If you live in the L.A. area send me a message!

BOSS FINK "R.P.M." available now from DOUBLE CROWN RECORDS!
www.facebook.com/BossFink

I cannot wait for this! Just ordered mine

https://www.facebook.com/lostremoleros/

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012 15:50:50

just got mine in the mail but haven't heard it yet. it'll be the first thing played in my shop tomorrow.

www.surfintheeye.com

I hesitate to post a me too, but I ordered mine from Amazon in Canada on the 16th and, although they currently claim it takes 2 to 3 weeks to ship (I seem to remember it being more when I ordered), mine was shipped on the 24th.

Me too I should get it tomorrow. Smile

RK

Got it last week and had it on in the background all afternoon yesterday after loading it into iTunes. (I submitted my data to Gracenote, so they might have multiple versions available when they're approved, not sure how that works.) Lots of great stuff, and I'm not sure if it was just me paying more attention or what, but Disc 4 seemed like the diversity of the songwriting took a giant leap forward and I was digging every track. Excited to spend more time with this one, for sure.

The Spoils - FB - RN
Second Saturday Surf in Austin, TX - FB

klob wrote:

I'm not sure if it was just me paying more attention or what, but Disc 4 seemed like the diversity of the songwriting took a giant leap forward and I was digging every track.

You're not alone, I completely agree. Of the four discs, I think four is head and shoulders above the rest. A bit too much I-IV-V stuff on the first three for my taste. I know some people here love that stuff as long as the energy is high and the track has plenty of that teen enthusiasm, but I find myself being a bit worn down by it at points. Nevertheless, the first three are chock full of great tracks, too.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

disc 4 has been my favorite too

i know it's a long way off, but would it be cool to have all the tunes in the member's jam next summer at the convention come from these cd's? just a thought.

www.surfintheeye.com

shivers13 wrote:

Man, I would love to put together a band specifically to play the stuff off this disc! If you live in the L.A. area send me a message!

I like the way you think!

shivers13 wrote:

Man, I would love to put together a band specifically to play the stuff off this disc! If you live in the L.A. area send me a message!

Give me a month, I'll fly out for a week or two to practice & then do the show (assuming you play guitar).

tfj

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next