Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Pollo Del Mar Hype Machine

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next

SpaceFargo wrote:

This is the worst hype machine I've ever seen.

Yuuuuuuuup!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pollo Del Mar T-Shirts are back in stock- Both our classic Shag designed Boatmen logo AND our 2009 European Tour Chicken Crest. Yes, we have XXLs. Order a T, and get a CD for $5 more.
Check out The MART for more stuff.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

It's true... Pollo del Mar has four shows in the SF Bay Area this Fall. The first is at The Knockout on October 12.

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Congratulations! Yer killin' me 'cause I can't come to any. But, congratulations! Big Grin Have a blast!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

I liked the bottom of the poster. Big Grin

wfoguy wrote:

I liked the bottom of the poster. Big Grin

Tacos!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Still figuring out the poster.

The first band is the Barf eaters? Classy!

CousinMary wrote:

It's Barfeeders, but it doesn't matter, Barf Eaters will do.

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

What are the other dates?

Yay!!!
I hope to make one.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

PolloGuitar wrote:

CousinMary wrote:

It's Barfeeders, but it doesn't matter, Barf Eaters will do.

Oops, sorry - guess I have been at KFJC too long. We get music from many bands with names that cannot be announced on broadcast radio.

Pollo Del Mar will play a set at Bender's in SF, Saturday, 7/19. Music at 3-ish. It's Jeremy's 50th, should be a throw down party. All are invited. Benders's- 806 S Van Ness Ave at 19th Street, San Francisco

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Pollo Del Mar will do a set this coming Saturday, May 21 in the after afternoon. It's PORCHFEST in San Francisco, and we will be playing on top of a garage at 720 Shotwell Street in the Mission district (near 21st and S. Van Ness.)
Frankie & the Pool Boys goes on at 4, Pollo at 5. Also, drummer Jeremy has a new psychedelic surf trio which starts at 2. Pollo's first gig in 2 years!

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Cool

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Wow, Ferenc, very cool! So, does that mean you'll be playing with FOUR bands this summer??? F&tPB, the TomorrowMen, PDM and the Mach IV! Did I miss any? Have a blast, and I look forward to seeing you play with at least two of those bands!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

That was a great Pollo del Mar/Frankie and the Pool Boys double header yesterday. Great, loud surf music in a really cool setting in the Mission. Followed the show up with some Al Pastor at El Farolito and some tasty beer at the Monk's Kettle.

IvanP wrote:

Wow, Ferenc, very cool! So, does that mean you'll be playing with FOUR bands this summer??? F&tPB, the TomorrowMen, PDM and the Mach IV! Did I miss any? Have a blast, and I look forward to seeing you play with at least two of those bands!

And I look forward to the upcoming Blair/Pongracic Band and Space cossacks shows. I'm sorry I will not see The Troubadours and The Madeira this summer. Hey, it would be a kick to drag your dad to SG101 one of these years for a set. Have you ever brought it up with him?

CobraChris wrote:

That was a great Pollo del Mar/Frankie and the Pool Boys double header yesterday. Great, loud surf music in a really cool setting in the Mission. Followed the show up with some Al Pastor at El Farolito and some tasty beer at the Monk's Kettle.

Danny, Karen and I also visited El Farolito! Yummmmm...
Chris, thanks for making the trek to SF. It was a beautiful breezy day, perfect for playing on a porch. While walking around the Mission, we saw a jug band playing in front of mechanics shops and a power pop band in a pet store. Also, lots of inebriants slumbering on the sidewalk, but that goes with the neighborhood.
It was a pleasure to play with the guys in PDM. We didn't rehearse, but managed to pull of a set of our classic material- Annabelle Lee, Red Asphalt, A Flash of Green, Teleport, Insecticide, Moon Over Marin, Devil's Slide, Take Your clothes Off When You Dance, Peaches En Regalia and, yes, Rumble, just to let everybody know the show was over.
And thanks for the pic, that's the first I've seen.

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

IvanP wrote:

Ferenc also plays often in The Aqua Velvets and Drifting Sand. Mr. Versatility!

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Very glad to hear you had a fun day, Ferenc! Hopefully you at least piqued the curiosity of a few passers-by....

DannySnyder wrote:

IvanP wrote:

Ferenc also plays often in The Aqua Velvets and Drifting Sand. Mr. Versatility!

Unbelievable! That's a whole hell of a lot of songs to remember!!! I don't think many people could pull off something like this... Worship

PolloGuitar wrote:

And I look forward to the upcoming Blair/Pongracic Band and Space cossacks shows.

Thank you, my friend!

I'm sorry I will not see The Troubadours and The Madeira this summer. Hey, it would be a kick to drag your dad to SG101 one of these years for a set. Have you ever brought it up with him?

I have. I'd love to do it, but he's not really interested. He hates traveling, especially flying. Though if there was a concrete offer, he may have to think twice...... (He does really love to play!)

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next