Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Sierra Surf Music Camp: Memorial Day Weekend 2012

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

The river is pretty small. Would be difficult to even get a kayak down it. But near by Lake Spaulding you could do the stand up paddle board on!

Lots of spouses coming! Many are excited about the painting activities that will be led by Jim Lee (painter of the cover of The Pyronauts "Surf and Destroy").

There will be some kids as campers (minor's must be accompanied by guardian), and families are certainly welcome.

tubedogsurf wrote:

WOW! At that price you can't afford to miss it! Wife
just gave me clearance so I'm there. Trying to talk the
whole family into it. Anybody bringing kids? Whats the
aquatic dimension? I would love to bring the stand up
paddle to share on flatwater. Thanks for putting this
together.

For you fishermen/gals out there: we're working on something special for you! It may involve my Uncle Gary's secret fishing hole on the Bear River!

Uh Oh! Surf On!

Just a quick reminder that we are now taking applications for Sierra Surf Music Camp... think of it: Dusty Watson, Paul Johnson, Ron Eglit, Matt Quilter, Ferenc Dobronyi, and more...

Email for more info:

sierrasurfcamp@gmail.com

I've reserved my campsite, have you:

The Bear River at Donner Mine Camp:

We've got a full on website revamp that should premier a little later this week! Will keep things updated here as well...

Who's getting excited about going camping and playing surf music?

Anyone?

The hills are alive with the sound of..........REVERB!

Ron Eglit is going to talk about his years with Dick Dale (also how he got his start with Adrian and the Sunsets back in the day. He's also going to lead the bass discussions and lessons - shedding light on how he along with Dick Dale created the surf power trio sound!

How many bass players do we have coming? I know of two... so far!

SWEET! BTW, Ron is probably the person most responsible for returning me to the Surf fold. I'll never forgive him! Embarrassed
As soon as my wife finds out if she can get off from her new job to join me, I'll get the money to you Paul.

Awesome! There are going to be some great "rock star" stories told 'round the campfire... my plan is to get Ron and Dusty to try to one up each other with their crazy stories!!!

Anyone from Southern Claifornia going to SSMC want to share a ride. I can leave Thursday night or Friday morning and can drive or ride. PM with your contact info.
Skip

Carpooling to camp! Maybe if there are enough SoCal folks you can rent a big van???

Looks like La Reya is going to pass, and that's a LONG drive alone!

Maybe you can ride up with some of the instructors... we'll work it out!

Like I said-I can ride and share gas cost or drive.

Check out the new website: http://sierrasurfmusiccamp.com/

John Blair will have discount copies of his book "The Illustrated Discography of Surf Music" for $40. This is a Sierra Surf Music Camp special available to campers only!

Have you checked out the website above yet?

Surf On!

This is the last week to get your early registration discount! Application available in the downloads section of SG101, lots of information above, email sierrasurfcamp@gmail.com for more info, and visit us at www.sierrasurfmusiccamp.com

SURF MUSIC CAMP is coming right up! Less than a month til we wax up our surfboards and head for the mountains. There's very limited time to register if you have yet to do so! There are only a few spaces left for this inaugural session. BE THERE!!!

Roughly 15 spaces left... act now or miss out BIG time!!

About a week and a half until camp (May 25-28)! We've got about 30 campers and some TOP NOTCH instructors... Paul Johnson, Dusty Watson, John Blair, Matt Quilter, Ferenc Dobronyi, The Brett Cole, Timmy Stephenson, and Paul The Pyronaut. Jim Lee will be leading a Surf Art class and we'll have surprise guests throughout the weekend.

Last chance to sign up: sierrasurfcamp@gmail.com

Surf On!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next