Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
147 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Musician »

Permalink Surf karaoke!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Hey there sg101ers! Just wanted to let you know that I just posted 4 new backing tracks in the downloads section. These are "walk don't run," "surf rider," "the quiet surf," and "midnight run." I recorded these with GarageBand, and have all the parts minus lead guitar. Happy jamming!

The Techtonics reverb nation page

Soundcloud page

Awesome. Thx!

cool thanks allot... stuff like this is awesome for us basement guys
that dont have anyone to jam with!!

Just added "Penetration." If anyone has any requests, let me know! Big Grin

Soundcloud page

way cool JStern. thanks very much for posting. Can't wait to try these out.

JStern wrote:

you asked for it Big Grin you would be my new hero if you have walking the board by the lively ones? and if not how about torquays twitchin?

ok i`ll stop now my list is to long Uh-Oh

Last edited: May 07, 2012 09:36:48

No problem, I really like that tune! I will try to get it put together sometime this week. I enjoy making these tracks, they are a great way for me to get my "performing" fix while I am in the process of trying to get a band together.

gui_SURF_tar wrote:> you asked for it Big Grin you would be my new hero if you have walking the board by the lively ones?

Soundcloud page

Last edited: May 07, 2012 09:37:30

hey that would be great!! love playing that song but its not so fun
without a good backing!

JStern wrote:

thanks very much for this cause i am bandless from too long now then it is cool to can play with backtrack
suggestions: Big Grin
intruder
ali baba
haunting house of rock
margaya
everybody up
mr moto
gost rider in the sky
gastly stomp
ect ....
i you have time for sure and if it stay fun for you
best
Ludo

ludobag wrote:

JStern wrote:

thanks very much for this cause i am bandless from too long now then it is cool to can play with backtrack
suggestions: Big Grin
intruder
ali baba
haunting house of rock
margaya
everybody up
mr moto
gost rider in the sky
gastly stomp
ect ....
i you have time for sure and if it stay fun for you
best
Ludo

Ali baba just added. Will try to knock out at least one more this weekend.

Soundcloud page

thanks so much JStern
i will try tomorrow cause it is 3 h 00 am in france and i am not sure my neighbourgh will apprecied it at all Big Grin

Last edited: Mar 01, 2020 07:57:46

Thanks so much Number9
it is the same thing that i have find
only difference on the the intro i use the B open like the Supertones (it is the same but in fact it is easyer to play,i see it in a vid of them no finger extention ?then B open)
and on the verse i have change a little i put a E and G dieze slide to B in the place of the sliding F cause i like it
but your version is really good

Last edited: Mar 01, 2020 07:57:22

Thanks i made a medley of 3 versions in fact ,Supertones,Dave and the Customs ,and Meshugga Beach Party
i have put a vid last day to make heard my jazz hollow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xItxwdezYco
crappy playing and more over the ring of the door is in Big Grin
and i call it ali baba intro then i am on the top of research for ali baba surf Shock
edith:
i have try to play one the backing and it is cool
thanks JStern ,how do you do to make this ? (my hear must be really rotten cause i haven't heard the all thing behind)
thanks Number9 too on the rythm i was near with your tab i will try to be more precis

Last edited: May 13, 2012 12:55:12

I learned Ali Baba a la Meshuggah Beach Party style and in the key of E. Dave and the customs is in key of D. I took Jstern's back track and used audacity and bumped it up to key of E and love playing it. Hope you don't mind Jstern. :0) Jstern, you have done an excellent job on these back tracks. My hats off to you. Thank you very much for sharing. My favorite so far is The quiet surf. love playing that song.

That is a smart thing to do! I personally play it Dave and the customs way, in drop d tuning. I use a graduated "heavy bottom" string set, so I like the tone of that low d. I really like meshuggah's arrangement of the tune too.

hlieboff59 wrote:

I learned Ali Baba a la Meshuggah Beach Party style and in the key of E. Dave and the customs is in key of D. I took Jstern's back track and used audacity and bumped it up to key of E and love playing it. Hope you don't mind Jstern. :0) Jstern, you have done an excellent job on these back tracks. My hats off to you. Thank you very much for sharing. My favorite so far is The quiet surf. love playing that song.

Soundcloud page

"K-39" now added.

Soundcloud page

JStern...very cool. thanks very much. With Garageband, how long did it take you to make the backtrack? Do you use your own guitar in playing rhythm?

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next