Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink I Want More Reverb

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Anyone use a reverb unit, reverb on the amp and a reverb pedal simultaneously?

Hi
I use onboard Reverb and a FRV-1 parallel.
I have a Vibrolux Amp which runs with Reverb at around 5 (that gives me a basic reverb kind off thick and wide)
and in front of the Amp I have the FRV-1 which is set up for adding the tripping wet sound. (high setting of dwell and tone little less of mix)
When I play with overdrive I switch off the Pedal and use only the Reverb of the Vibrolux.
Works good for me so far, but remeber I started playing surf 4 months ago...

here comes the WEST SAMOA SURFER LEAGUE

thanks for the info

I Get the best drip from my vintage 63 Reverb unit with all three knobs on 7........but hey! Everythings wiggly.

3-spring pan?

He who dies with the most tubes... wins

Surf Daddies

I use reverb on an old silverface Vibrolux and also a pedal -- the Dispatch Master by Earthquaker Devices, which is reverb and delay that can be used together or independently. The reverb on it is massive and works well in conjunction with the springs.

more info and video clips of the pedal

Throw your Princeton on a surfboard, ride a wave and play! After all, isn't the sound of the waves the inspiration for spring reverb? ;)

my princeton can not surf

I use a Univox UEQ-1 tank with a 7 band eq going into a Gibson GA-77 RVT. Just the Gibson alone sounds somewhat like a Premier reverb tank, but a little more rounded out, and the Univox has a genuine Hammond reverb tank in it, so it's very subtle and smooth. And if I feel like it, I can throw the EHX Hall reverb into the mix. Or try putting a mild slap back delay going into the reverb like Danelectro does on their spring king.

Maybe a Univox does surf...

For anyone that has ever asked this question....please watch Ralf "Hallmark Sweptwinger" Kilauea's video on swapping out pans. Actually, for that matter, when it comes to tone, watch ALL of Ralf's videos!!!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Wow!!! what a difference a good pan makes
Shock

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I swapped a MOD pan (the exact replacement number) for my accutronics stock pan in my reverb unit and it was a huge difference. I don't know why, but the MOD pan has a longer decay, and a more lush sound. That was a big improvement. Like in that video. So I'd say, TAD or MOD pans are worth the relatively cheap price to upgrade.

Where does one acquire a TAD or a MOD pan?
Eric

http://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/amp_parts/P-RMOD-8EB2C1B

So, is it safe to say that the general consensus here is that these MOD pans are the best (for our uses obviously) to be had new, today? Is this sentence even correct Big Razz ?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012 16:25:26

DreadInBabylon wrote:

So, is it safe to say that the general consensus here is that these MOD pans are the best (for our uses obviously) to be had new, today? Is this sentence even correct Big Razz ?

Don't know if there the best, but they sound great for the money and seem to be pretty reliable.

I've been known to run a Boss Digital Delay in conjunction with my 62 Reverb unit. Nice sound ...

tubeswell wrote:

3-spring pan?

Yer askin' me ? I dunno... what ever was stock.
It's the original tank.

tubeswell wrote:

3-spring pan?

I've never heard a 3-spring unit get more drip than a 2-spring. Longer reverb usually, but nobody really uses reverb length for surf. It is about the drip effect.

I have a 3 spring Mod pan coming in tomorrow and will give it a try anyway.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next