Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Isolate Reverb Unit From Vibration

Page 1 of 1

From club gigs with plywood on milk crate stages, to Rock Star mega sub-bass festival stages.... these rubber isolators Isonode have worked for me to control the crashing of the springs in a Fender Reverb Unit. I use them under the entire Reverb Unit, and, they also work when I'm just using my Slacktone Amp, with built in three knob reverb, when I pull the tank out and set it on these isolators. They have figured out the correct amount of softness, I guess, to get true isolation.

They are not perfect, but they frequently save the day for me.

Another good use is to isolate an amp head from a speaker cabinet. It's not a good idea to place a head on a cabinet because it rattles the heater filaments in the tubes. But, these would be good to use to help with that.

You can mount them using the sticky surface, or leave the protective paper on the adhesive like I do, so you can use one set for different things.

☛your milage may vary

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012 11:02:25

I put a piece of thick corrugated cardboard over the entire open side of the pan and wrap the entire pan in a layer of bubble wrap bound with duct tape , which works for me. Sometimes I even put a bit of old carpet on the bottom of the cab (where I have a combo where the tank is resting on the cab floor), and the pan sits quietly on that.

He who dies with the most tubes... wins

Surf Daddies

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012 12:18:57

Dave: that looks like a slick solution! I have had some bad experiences with the kick on large stages. I eventually took to bringing a memory foam pillow to support the reverb unit. This is way less goofy.

SSIV

what size did you use

LHR wrote:

Dave: that looks like a slick solution! I have had some
bad experiences with the kick on large stages. I
eventually took to bringing a memory foam pillow to
support the reverb unit. This is way less goofy.

I think I will make a case for mine with memory foam lining it since you said that, hahaha.

"Dude it's SOOO drippy!! It's like water is going to start spurting out of your amplifier!"-Nathan Charles Dirig

peterbright wrote:

what size did you use

If your asking me, the small ones. You might even try using just 3 to the weight/shock absorption ratio correct. The other solutions offered by the above posters creates a remedy that's too cumbersome, size-wise. Even when I used to use bungee cords... the length down to the reverb unit was critical to achieve isolation.

thanks

SlacktoneDave wrote:

peterbright wrote:

what size did you use

If your asking me, the small ones. You might even try
using just 3 to the weight/shock absorption ratio
correct. The other solutions offered by the above
posters creates a remedy that's too cumbersome,
size-wise. Even when I used to use bungee cords... the
length down to the reverb unit was critical to achieve
isolation.

I think he was. If he was asking me, then the answer is "queen size".

SSIV

Page 1 of 1