Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink End of the Year Cleaning?

Page 1 of 1

I'm thinking about doing some end of the year cleaning. We have over 2000 private messages in the database right now, which is kind of astonishing. I was thinking about blowing all these away, except for any PM's that are in your "saveboxes".

I'm also contemplating wiping out the Shallow End once a year. Are there any threads that people want to keep? I'm thinking of the Rip Thrillby thread and possibly some other gems like the "so that's what you look like" thread. Although it may be fun to start that one over with different pics. I dunno.

I'll give some notice before I do anything.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I'm a little partial to the beer thread, but that might just be me....

Other than that, I say "wipe away".
~B~

silly Bill, Laughing

there would be a few things here and there I would say keep, but I guess its all pretty much nonsense. and alot of time to go thru and see whats worth keeping. Its like trying to figure out what you need, and what you wanna sell in a garage sale. hard ot let go.

wipe away, huh huh we said wipe.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

all this storage space is actually paid for right? I say let's blow her all to hell!!!!! Rock

good idea brian, I alos like the ideay of a new 'so that's what you look like' thread, since I got a lot sexier the last year ROTFL

WR

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

i would like to continue the spanish to english thread in the better interest of understanding song titles and band names...

adam

I don't see much logic in making Brian pay to store our nonsensical ramblings, but I do like the idea of keeping a couple threads that can be agreed upon. Also, just for the interesting triviality of it all, would it be possible to still document the total number of threads/posts, including those wiped out?

..OK you can scrap the spanish thread... Agree Stuff Hits the Fan
...better off learning a new song rather than a new word!!

Well, I just deleted all my messages, if that helps at all.

I think it'd be a good idea for a fresh Shallow End. It's all off-topic and random, anyway, so we could just start new threads.

Okay, now that the calendar is launched, time to get serious about this. Look for an announcement soon.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Wasn't there one thread in the Shallow End with a ton of links to 60's garage videos on YouTube? Maybe that could be moved to the Internet Videos forum.

-Warren

That was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it.

Page 1 of 1