Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Suggestion Box »

Permalink Photos and info on guitars/gear played by the great Suf Guitarists past & present

Page 1 of 1

Nokie Edwards, Dick Dale and Hank Marvin. They are just a few of the great instrumental and surf guitar players who are still riding the wave in reverb drenched, whammy surfin' guitar mayhem. It would be cool to have a spotlight every month on a great guitarist with an emphasis on his guitar and his gear. Yes?

I don't think DD or Nokie have ever employed whammy but I could be wrong..

The style of Nokie and Hank has never been "reverb drenched", nor would it be described as mayhem.

It is a good idea, that you have. But all of the information is stored on this board somewhere, and all of their gear is pretty similar/really basic. What would be better is an in depth look into their songwriting and approach to timbre/phrasing/dynamics.

It's a great idea, but we are all just a bunch of volunteers and fans here. If you or anyone else wants to play journalist and collaborate on such a feature, I'd be glad to run it on the site.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Wow! You guys sure know your surf. I agree, maybe on their playing and songwriting is a better idea.

"Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day" - Confucius

Page 1 of 1