Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink Official Announcement, 3rd SG101 Convention Sat. Aug 7th 2010

Goto Page: Previous 1 222 23 24 25 26 Next

Brian
How does one obtain the recordings that Chrome Oxide makes? Are they going up on archive.org?

Brian you raise a very good question my friend! It too am inquiring with envy!

Reverb, It's A Way Of Life!

Brian
How does one obtain the recordings that Chrome Oxide makes? Are they going up on archive.org?

Hey Brian , Good to see you at Suzys. I think you can email Steve (Chrome Oxide) and pay pal him like, $10.00, I think, and he will send you a CD with a song list and everything. What a deal. I hope Steve doesnt mind me dropping his email:

chrome.oxide@eqcity.net

As in most cases, it's the things I don't do that I regret more than the things I've done Sad So next year, I'm going to take advantage of the additional activities related to the convention. I also want to give a belated thanks to BTD for the fantastic job he's been doing. I'm looking forward to the 4th convention, and mom_surfing and I are already talking about the tune we'd like to play at next year's jam Very Happy

My Web Site - Tunes - Pictures - Guitar Projects - Hard Rock Cafe Guitar Pins

I have been so busy in the past 3 weeks, its been really hard to keep up with this thread let alone anything else on SG101.

thank again to everybody for the comments, and for those who made it out to the shows, and from far away.

Steve is going to give me cds of all of the bands performances, and I am going to mail them to the bands involved.
if they want to put them up online, that would be great.
But please remember, we do these shows for people to come to, and experience them live and in person.
videos or audio can never capture it like being there.

Jeff(btd)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010 19:52:59

JeffLeites
As in most cases, it's the things I don't do that I regret more than the things I've done Sad So next year, I'm going to take advantage of the additional activities related to the convention. I also want to give a belated thanks to BTD for the fantastic job he's been doing. I'm looking forward to the 4th convention, and mom_surfing and I are already talking about the tune we'd like to play at next year's jam Very Happy

Thumbs Up

www.surfintheeye.com

taken from this German News Blog,
by Daniel of the Space Rangers
http://www.swp.de/ulm/lokales/acht9/art1160563,597568

translates kinda weird, but here you go.

The only Ulmer Surfcombo is not the space Ranger, Markenzeichen a singing. At present routes it by America and Bassist Daniel Kutter reported exclusively for us of the journey to the motherland surf. Today over the large day that volume on surfs Guitar 101 Covention RK Starting gate, lot Alamitos. Saturday, 7 August 9 o'clock in the morning, the parking lot before the Starting gate in lot Alamitos is already gerammelt full, when the author of these lines still another little looks overslept from the eyes. Now thus begins it, the largest event in the world surfs music since the invention of the electrical bass guitar. For us European, always such, which did not participate ever in such a important music fair, is somewhat strange it to hear and play so early to tomorrow music. The inlet begins with the distribution of inlet picking up, which expel us as musicians. Afterwards, completely importantly, the question about the coffee. Can one actually carry the coffee forward before the building? With beer that cannot be done, but to dump without coffee? No, no, coffee before the building is okay. We develop our conditions, in nice atmosphere between Whorehay of radio Free Bakersfield and Tiki Tena and its attractive Toechtern Katt and Victoria. The sales room is filled with conditions, at which all conceivable one at surfParaphernalia is offered: Tikis, plates, T-shirt, poster, instruments, even shoes - whether someone wants to get rid probably there its flea market things? Irgendwer will already buy. People become acquainted with and take again no end to hand vibrating and now to enumerate, who became acquainted with everything whom and already knows, oh, the feeling will have arrived in a large family ever more strongly. Punctually at 10 o'clock begins the first conception. Jam volume from different members various surfvolume and the coworkers surfs Guitar 101, about Big Tiki Dude Jeff. Because it takes only once in the year to the Convention its guitar into the hand, hat off. The volume and the player women alternate to care for the conditions while the others listen to the presentations. Subsequently, all star volume from members some volume from that plays golden Era surfs, 1961-65. It is a very interesting feeling to see the people on the stage which composed exactly song, one in that the volume after easily. That one knows a little, if one sees, for instance the Stones, but comes here the Idole later to us and converses with us. Jaja, here does not put star airs to the day. And it always continues on the stage. Now the straight Surfside IV and the author of the line plays sits with John Paul at the bar and states that it is no longer too early for many for a beer. When in Rome… The further happening takes its run, in which the space Rangers themselves also arise. The feeling to have here several hundreds professional Surfanatics as public which each aspect on the stage of the presenting in its refinement with expert knowledge and join and right judge can, that is a strange feeling. It bring along us in addition, for quantity of energy and fun, here goes it around which. Perhaps it is some more comes prematurely, and I should still briefly on the performances the following volume, as for instance the Insects surfers, which Wadadli Riders, which Men OF Mystery, Frankie and the pool Boys and the space Cossacks are received, which all a magnificent set showed, but the author would like here in times thereupon-wise, who value this meeting has, and which place the space Ranger therein taken, fought for and to have received. Those surfs Guitar Convention is the largest and most influential meeting in the homeland surfs Music, which represents this singular music in now the more fourth recurring wave. It is meeting all musicians and enthusiasm, specialized journalist, radio moderators, documentary film producers, surfers from the past and the here now and, as well as all, which feel connected this culture, this surfer lifestyle, which notice only kind of sport, besides, which brought it to its own music direction as well as its own awareness of life. On evenly this fair thus, where the sizes of the scene accumulate, Rangers from Ulm are represented the space. After those could win volume by the channels of the Internet the attention of the supervisors and some influential radio stations, she was invited, in order to play there. That is actually already times a large honour and not less also earned acknowledgment of the strains of many years, often connected with ignorance in the own homeland. Here, straight over the Atlantic and the North American continent away, we receive undivided, impartial attention. This Vorschusslorbeeren has those volume itself on the Convention, into which the following concerts and in discussions thereafter, fairly earns. If one takes the ur-American politeness from the statements off, which the volume heard to their achievements, then one must determine one: The space Ranger from the muffigen training room Schillerstraße 13/1 in sunny California a name made themselves here and concomitantly (like equally the Wadadli Riders) for the European beginning within the American Surfwelt a position provided. The day in the Starting gate goes to end, the experienced and the new friends remains still very long in the heart….

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Muck told me he was going to make a post about their trip to the US and the convention weekend. I hope he or someone from the band does.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

something I learned after the Space Rangers had left was.
Muck used to be in the Looney Toones(sp?) with Kahuna Kawentzmen,
aka Sebastian.

I have all 3 of their cds, and loved their stuff.
so its not that surprising now, that I like the Space Rangers, and Mucks playing.

btw. what happened to KK,
does he still post here?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

"The inlet begins with the distribution of inlet picking up, which expel us as musicians. Afterwards, completely importantly, the question about the coffee. Can one actually carry the coffee forward before the building? With beer that cannot be done, but to dump without coffee? No, no, coffee before the building is okay."

and also:

"People become acquainted with and take again no end to hand vibrating and now to enumerate, who became acquainted with everything whom and already knows, oh, the feeling will have arrived in a large family ever more strongly. Punctually at 10 o'clock begins the first conception. Jam volume from different members various surfvolume and the coworkers surfs Guitar 101, about Big Tiki Dude Jeff. Because it takes only once in the year to the Convention its guitar into the hand, hat off."

I can TOTALLY relate to this!

I think the Babelfish captured the mood of the day precisely...in a very James Joycean sort of way...

looking forward to more reviews...

I definitely felt a lot like that description reads all day Saturday and most of Sunday, too.

I had no idea Tiki Tena was neuter in German.

" The further happening takes its run, in which the space Rangers themselves also arise. The feeling to have here several hundreds professional Surfanatics as public which each aspect on the stage of the presenting in its refinement with expert knowledge and join and right judge can, that is a strange feeling. It bring along us in addition, for quantity of energy and fun, here goes it around which. Perhaps it is some more comes prematurely, and I should still briefly on the performances the following volume, as for instance the Insects surfers, which Wadadli Riders, which Men OF Mystery, Frankie and the pool Boys and the space Cossacks are received, which all a magnificent set showed, but the author would like here in times thereupon-wise, who value this meeting has, and which place the space Ranger therein taken, fought for and to have received. Those surfs Guitar Convention is the largest and most influential meeting in the homeland surfs Music, which represents this singular music in now the more fourth recurring wave. It is meeting all musicians and enthusiasm, specialized journalist, radio moderators, documentary film producers, surfers from the past and the here now and, as well as all, which feel connected this culture, this surfer lifestyle, which notice only kind of sport, besides, which brought it to its own music direction as well as its own awareness of life. On evenly this fair thus, where the sizes of the scene accumulate, Rangers from Ulm are represented the space."

This excerpt is amazing: it encapsulates the entire socio-cultural phenom that is Surf Guitar 101. I am proud to be a member of the Homeland Surfs Music; representing this singular music! Wink

Brian
Muck told me he was going to make a post about their trip to the US and the convention weekend. I hope he or someone from the band does.

Brian...the German article that Large Tiki Fellow posted is from Daniel, The Space Ranger electric bassist...

dp

Brian

Brian...the German article that Large Tiki Fellow posted is from Daniel, The Space Ranger electric bassist...

I know. Muck (username: jazzmaster) PM'ed me and said he was going to make a post here (in English, I can only assume) summarizing their trip to the US and telling their side of the story. But...it hasn't happened yet. Crying

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Haha... I don't know how funny this is for you guys, but it sure is for me... "the parking place is already gerammelt full"
this is awesome, as you would put it.

If i find the time, I will post my whole blog, covering nearly two weeks, in a better, but not so funny English, within the next one or two weeks....

It took forever to write that blog, and it will take forever to translate it. but seeing you would like that, I#ll give my very best....

oh and btw, nice to be here, finally....

Evildan
nice to be here, finally....

Welcome to the site, Dan! Glad to see you on here! DIG ON IN!

I really feel fortunate that I got to experience The Space Rangers live 3 times, and hang out with you guys. You guys really know how to have a great time!

bigtikidude
something I learned after the Space Rangers had left was.
Muck used to be in the Looney Toones(sp?) with Kahuna Kawentzmen,
aka Sebastian.

I have all 3 of their cds, and loved their stuff.
so its not that surprising now, that I like the Space Rangers, and Mucks playing.

btw. what happened to KK,
does he still post here?

Muck played with the Looney Tunes??? Never heard of this before. He is to young! Smile
On the last Looney Tunes album "Beyond the dune" (1997) the bass player was Thorsten Seif. He lived in Ulm when he was younger Ive heard. Maybe Muck told you this?? ...but maybe Im wrong...

Anyway:
KK (Kahuna Kawentzmann) is still a great guitar player! His new band is called "Los Apollos"! Its a 3 piece band. I saw them live here in Berlin a few weeks ago. Ive got some videos from this gig somewhere...
Los Apollos are playing a kind of exotic Instrumental music. Very stylish! Very nice! KK is playing his red Mosrite Celebrity in this band!

And: Yes, all 3 Looney Tunes CD`s are really great albums! Check out the internet to get them.

Twang cheers!

Ralf Kilauea

www.kilaueas.de

https://kilaueas.bandcamp.com/album/touch-my-alien

just recently (Kahuna Kawentzmann) told me that muck had played a few gigs with them....

Facebook pages theSupertones
or @ Timothy C Sullivan

supertonesurf
just recently (Kahuna Kawentzmann) told me that muck had played a few gigs with them....

Alright, I didn`t knew this.
Thanks for the info!

Twang cheers!

Ralf Kilauea

www.kilaueas.de

https://kilaueas.bandcamp.com/album/touch-my-alien

Evildan
Haha... I don't know how funny this is for you guys, but it sure is for me... "the parking place is already gerammelt full"

Sehr awesome-lich. But is it am Starting Gate or im Starting Gate?

Evildan

If i find the time, I will post my whole blog, covering nearly two weeks, in a better, but not so funny English, within the next one or two weeks....

It took forever to write that blog, and it will take forever to translate it. but seeing you would like that, I#ll give my very best....

oh and btw, nice to be here, finally....

Welcome to SG101 Dan,
Hope your foot is doing better from the stingray.
and that the Space Rangers return to the USA again some day.

be well my friend.
Jeff(btd)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: Previous 1 222 23 24 25 26 Next