Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink Forum Rules - Please Read!

Sticky LockNew Topic
Page 1 of 1

SurfGuitar101 Forum Policy
Last revised 18 July 2008

Please keep the following in mind when posting messages to the forums.

1. Please stay reasonably on topic. Start a new thread if you drift too far off topic. Avoid starting or replying to message threads that are off topic. "Hot button" topics such as politics, race, religion, etc., are definitely out of bounds here. As members get to know each other conversations can tend to drift a bit, this is quite okay, just use some judgment. Use the "Shallow End" forum for non-surf related discussions.

2. Personal attacks of any kind are not tolerated.

3. We don't like commercials for non-surf music related products on the forum. Joining the forum so you can plug an off-topic product or drive web traffic to your site is not tolerated. If you want to promote your band's new CD, your surf music related website, or something along those lines, and you aren't excessively annoying about it, then that is quite okay. But if you want to plug your online gambling site or your web hosting service, that is not. Again, use common sense and judgment.

4. Do not use the private message system to "SPAM" any member for an unsolicited product or service of any kind.

5. Posting messages from multiple user accounts pretending to be different people is not tolerated and is a removable offense.

6. Pretending to be other list members (signing their names to your posts) is also not cool and is a removable offense.

7. Please keep the language clean.

8. File sharing is considered by many to be in a legal gray area, therefore for our own protection it's not to be discussed or requested in public - unless the actual owner of the music is a member of this forum. Thank you.

9. Do not be excessively annoying to others.

10. Do not be excessively annoyed by others.

Thank you and enjoy the forums. Surf's up!

-BN

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008 08:08:50

ALL FORUM MEMBERS SHALL TREAT EACH OTHER WITH COURTESY AND RESPECT.

Be courteous: Don't sidetrack or hijack someone's thread. Offer constructive advice when you have some. If you have nothing constructive to offer, then please refrain from posting. Joking around is fine, up to a point (use your own judgement - this depends on the demeanor of the original poster as well). If you'd like to take the conversation down a different path, fine, but please start a new thread in an appropriate forum.

Show respect: refrain from name calling, FOUL LANGUAGE, and personal attacks.

These bear repeating:
Do not excessively annoy others.
Do not be excessively annoyed by others.

Violations of these fundamental rules will result in your membership being revoked. No warnings need be given.

Rules revised today. Thanks.

I hate doing this, but we are rapidly approaching a US election. Please refrain from making any kind of political comments, posting photos of politicians (cough, cough), or starting any other political discussions. This will be the first time SG101 (in this format) has gone through a major US election. I actually enjoy discussing these things, to some degree, but not here on this site. This site is a refuge from these hot topics, IMHO.

Also, again, I hate doing this, but please watch the language. My mom reads this site for crying out loud. Keep the f-bombs to a minimum. You can swear all you want in IRC. Twisted Evil

Also, while we are here, please review the rules, above.

Thank you!

This is just a reminder, and I do know that I don't need to remind 99.9999999999% of you, sorry, but please do not use the forums or private message system to be abusive towards others. This includes threats of physical violence (what is this, the 8th grade?) and verbal abuse which includes the various religious, ethnic, racial, and sexual orientation slurs you can throw at someone. There is really no place for that here (or anywhere else, really). If you feel you must do that, please move on to one of the "good forums" (sorry, inside joke ?) where that kind of stuff is allowed.

Again, I feel sorry for bringing this up, but it amazes me that I even have to. Shocked

6 year bump for some new members.

Please no offensive user names. Your account will be suspended without notice.

Perhaps this is a good time to re-read this post from 8 years ago...

Brian wrote:

I hate doing this, but we are rapidly approaching a US election. Please refrain from making any kind of political comments, posting photos of politicians (cough, cough), or starting any other political discussions. This will be the first time SG101 (in this format) has gone through a major US election. I actually enjoy discussing these things, to some degree, but not here on this site. This site is a refuge from these hot topics, IMHO.

Also, again, I hate doing this, but please watch the language. My mom reads this site for crying out loud. Keep the f-bombs to a minimum. You can swear all you want in IRC. Twisted Evil

Also, while we are here, please review the rules, above.

Thank you!

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Thanks Danny.

Page 1 of 1