Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SG101 Podcast »

Permalink "Chapters" missing in some episodes?

Page 1 of 1

I've pulled down all episodes from iTunes and noticed that a several have the incredibly valuable tagging to denote chapters, providing info about artist & track and whatnot. It might be a little known (used?) feature, but a really superb one I use a lot.

Wondering if the chapters exist in all episodes and the some episodes on iTunes are missing them, or if they got left out on some releases? Specifically, (and assuming they got introduced in episode 5) I don't seem to have chapters in episodes 6, or 10.

Is that an issue with just the copies in iTunes, or are they just not there in those editions?

Prolly goes without saying, but I'll say it anyhow... it's a feature I'd like to request to be kept!

Thanks again Danny, Lady Reverb & Team Podcast! The podcast series is a REAL GEM

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Well, I don't remember the full story, but for various reasons, technical or just oversight, it didn't get added to a few podcasts.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Ah, ok. Cool. I don't have 'em on some and sounds like I shouldn't. That works, Thanks Brian!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

I don't want to speak for Danny, but normally the goal is to have those special features in there. That is why we switched to the .m4a format (but that makes a few people mad who only want .mp3 -- we can't win). Normally they get added, but remember this is an all-volunteer labor-of-love effort and sometimes things happen or we run out of time and we ship without.

Also, there are no copies in iTunes. iTunes is just a directory service. The actual podcast files are hosted here on this server. iTunes just points everyone here.

I'm glad you dig the podcast as much as we do!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

T O T A L L Y diggin' the podcasts.

And thanks for the iTunes education - had no idea that was just a redirect (granted the subscribe / auto-download bit is value add). Learn something every day!

While I initially thought it was a way to expand my surf tunes collection with just the podcasts... I've quickly learned it is actually laundry list of albums I need to pickup.

Long Live the Podcasts!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Thanks for the kind words guys. I only started doing 'enhanced' podcasts after 4 or 5 podcasts, and I skipped doing the Halloween podcast because we were rushing that one out. Going forward all podcasts will have chapters and whatever pictures and links I can dig up.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

DannySnyder
Thanks for the kind words guys. I only started doing 'enhanced' podcasts after 4 or 5 podcasts, and I skipped doing the Halloween podcast because we were rushing that one out. Going forward all podcasts will have chapters and whatever pictures and links I can dig up.

Whoot! Whoot! My Hero. Thanks, man!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Page 1 of 1