Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink The Official 2006 Member Mp3 Compilation Thread

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

darn! Ive been assuming it was december 31st Duh

oh well, Ill probably submit something less fancy then planned on friday. which timezone, brian? Wink

WR

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Arg. Must... finish... song!

We'll be submitting a take of The Fireballs tune "Bulldog" tonite or tommorow morning.

www.myspace.com/vondrats
www.myspace.com/therobotssurfband

New one tonight: Bulldog by The Robots. Thanks!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

"Bulldog" is sweet! great job, Robots!

You guys are really fluid for Robots.....Great song.Great version.
RR Cool

The TakeOffs
"Kauai's Only All-Instrumental Surf Band"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-TakeOffs/312866840587

Hey everyone, I have 5 uploads in the queue, and lots of photos of the day to add...but I'm swamped! So please be patient with me. Just letting you know I got your stuff and it will be posted soon.

Okay, a whole bunch coming in at the last minute:

Surfin' Drums and Guitars - The Cruncher
Moonshine Blooz - dimXL
Deadwood Beach - Sonichris
Inkfink's Experiment - inkfink

Whew..thanks guys..the comp is really turning out great this year. I will accept entries until 23:59 CST Friday, Dec 1. Wink

Tonight I added the following:

surfin under the paris sky (sous le ciel de paris) - WR
Tempori Parendum (We must move with the times) - Danny Snyder
T minus 5 (4, 3, 2, 1...) - SurfNeptune

Thanks gentlemen!!

I guess I missed my chance this year. There's going to be one next year though, right?

Brian
Another entry today. Thanks to PointbreakSpy. Check it out in the downloads section.

..........well i finally discovered the thread about the 2006 comp and have to be honest, i don't think my song is ok by the rules

http://cdbaby.com/cd/bandsunited2 i would not have submitted it if i had
known

Shocked

Brian, could you please consider swapping "pipeline2000" for another one of my uploaded tracks in the main category??

all the best
adam

pointbreakspy
..........well i finally discovered the thread about the 2006 comp and have to be honest, i don't think my song is ok by the rules

Brian, could you please consider swapping "pipeline2000" for another one of my uploaded tracks in the main category??

Don't change it! that is one of my favorite tracks!
--fd

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

I would like this to be "frozen" as soon as possible. Adam, if you want me to swap a song, then either upload it today or tell me which one.

There was a slight mix-up with Danny Snyder's Tomorrow Men track...if you downloaded it right after I posted, you either got: a) the wrong song b) the wrong mix. It has been corrected now (I think....Danny?).

Wow...a great batch of tunes this year. Thanks everyone!

Anyone want to do some artwork?

I will get things organized and upload them to archive.org for a wider audience and to relieve myself from the bandwidth burden.

Cool

Please continue using this thread to discuss the tracks and anything else relating to the comp.

Brian,
"The Red Sea", it is already in the system, so i'd be happy to go with that, if you consider it worthy that is.....
if you could swap them around without too much trouble that would be good.

thanks
adam

Brian
There was a slight mix-up with Danny Snyder's Tomorrow Men track...if you downloaded it right after I posted, you either got: a) the wrong song b) the wrong mix. It has been corrected now (I think....Danny?).

It's good now. Thanks Brian.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

DannySnyder

Brian

It's good now. Thanks Brian.

Good? Its great! Awesome job Danny -

Awesome job everyone that participated -

Now that its done, we should discuss the songs - there are lots of great ideas and styles of surf on this comp.

I think some people are affraid to comment on anyone elses songs. This happened last comp. All sorts of cool tunes, and nobody talked about any of it. I personally would rather discuss the new comp rather than what strings to install, or what pick to use.

Chris

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Sonichris
Now that its done, we should discuss the songs - there are lots of great ideas and styles of surf on this comp.

I think some people are affraid to comment on anyone elses songs. This happened last comp. All sorts of cool tunes, and nobody talked about any of it. I personally would rather discuss the new comp rather than what strings to install, or what pick to use.

Chris

absolutly, I'd like to once more encourage anyone to review and rate the submissions, it's okay to be critical, as long as you are fair and not personal. please discuss songs here too.

Currently Im totally going wild over Danny's and NorCalHodad's submissions. I also like the TakeOffs and the Neptune's submission a lot, esp for the rpoduction/sound (which is all important)

I like the playing and arrangement of my own submission (even tho it's got a lot of flubs), but Im disappointed by how the overall production turned out. it just didn't sound very good on my mp3 player, worse then on my pc.

WR

Rules to live by #314:

on a further note: it is possible to rate anonimously. however, if you leave a comment, it shows what you have rated and your name too. If you want to give a not so high rating but don't want it to show, and still leave constructive critisism, you could do so here I guess.

WR

Rules to live by #314:

Hey Ferenc,

I wanted to add a comment to your comment about Inkfink's Experiment but I couldn't respond on the ratings/comments section so I'll do it here. Here's what I said:

A version 2? I'll need to figure out this multi-tracking deal better, get better mikes and keep up with my 16 year old keyboardist daughter and 12 year old drummer son. We're a broken down, instrumental Partridge Family... The Putridge Family! - Inkfink

inkfink
A version 2? I'll need to figure out this multi-tracking deal better, get better mikes and keep up with my 16 year old keyboardist daughter and 12 year old drummer son. We're a broken down, instrumental Partridge Family... The Putridge Family! - Inkfink

Jon,
Just wanted you to know that I dig your song. I try to listen to each song for it's own merits rather than as any kind of competition. Obviously the SG101 comp has contributions from full blown studio recordings to home demos and family projects. What I am saying is, I really encourage you to keep at it, you have some great and original ideas that should be fully developed. I really applaud your daughter's work, that is some wacky stuff... she could be listening to rap music, ya know, and here she is banging out a creepy melody on a farfisa. BRAVO!!! That is good parenting!
Best,
--ferenc

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next