Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink jazzmaster whammy bar

Page 1 of 1

i have lost the whammy bar to my jazzmaster 'ventures' model. is it the same size as all the other jazzmaster bars? (or is this a stupid question?)

www.surfintheeye.com

Were they made in the USA? If so, then a US arm will work, if made in Japan then a Japanese bar will do the trick. Should be all the same. You have an AV Jag don't you? If it fits nice and tight then you know for sure.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009 21:36:34

Hey, Carol (and Jake),

The Ventures Jazzmaster (the see-through black one with the gold hardware) was MIJ.

The MIJ Jazzmaster/Jaguar trem arms have a slightly different (larger) shaft diameter than the AVRI ones. I have a spare MIJ Jazzmaster trem arm in my parts stash that I'll be happy to send you if you can't find yours. It's chrome, though.

Jack
aka WoodyJ

The Mariners (1964-68, 1996-2005)
The Hula Hounds (1996-current)
The X-Rays (1997-2004)
The Surge! (2004, 2011-2012)
Various non-surf bands that actually made money
(1978-1990)

They should all be the same but arnt.
Isnt the vint one diffrent from the AVRI too?

Give me reverb or give me death!
facebook.com/onenightstandards
https://www.youtube.com/scotstandard
scotstandard@yahoo.com

Oh sweet metric system, how our trem arms wish we adopted you.

JakeDobner
Were they made in the USA? If so, then a US arm will work, if made in Japan then a Japanese bar will do the trick. Should be all the same. You have an AV Jag don't you? If it fits nice and tight then you know for sure.

i do have the av jag and the arm doesn't fit. thanks for the reply.

www.surfintheeye.com

WoodyJ
Hey, Carol (and Jake),

The Ventures Jazzmaster (the see-through black one with the gold hardware) was MIJ.

The MIJ Jazzmaster/Jaguar trem arms have a slightly different (larger) shaft diameter than the AVRI ones. I have a spare MIJ Jazzmaster trem arm in my parts stash that I'll be happy to send you if you can't find yours. It's chrome, though.

that would be great woody. pm sent. thanks, carol

www.surfintheeye.com

Carol,

PM replied to.

Scot,

The AVRI arm does fit a vintage Jazzmaster/Jaguar.

Jack
aka WoodyJ

The Mariners (1964-68, 1996-2005)
The Hula Hounds (1996-current)
The X-Rays (1997-2004)
The Surge! (2004, 2011-2012)
Various non-surf bands that actually made money
(1978-1990)

Thats good then, they got something right! How hard would it have been to make the japan ones the same too?

Give me reverb or give me death!
facebook.com/onenightstandards
https://www.youtube.com/scotstandard
scotstandard@yahoo.com

scotstandard
Thats good then, they got something right! How hard would it have been to make the japan ones the same too?

It would be pointless for Japan to change from metric. It would create confusion and probably cost more. So it would have been pretty hard to make the same ones.

They could have just as easily made it imperial instead of metric...I mean, I have American cars that use both metric and std on the same vehicle! You can go into any hardware store and buy both, and there are machine shops in the US that make metric parts.

I believe the reason for not making the parts compatible with the US parts is so you can tell them apart...seriously. The "vintage correct" standard threads is one of the only things that differentiate the US parts from the cheaper MIJ parts. Fender is all about "perceived value".

www.apollo4.com

Imperial or metric they can still make measurments so close that parts are interchangeable, for instance or my '83 Squier JV inertia block which is exact vintage USA fitment.

Page 1 of 1