Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Music Reviews »

Permalink new Glasgow Tiki Shakers CD

Page 1 of 1

has anyone heard the new Glasgow Tiki Shakers CD...
New California Surf Music? and how is it.
I've heard very sound clips and by the sound of it, it's excellent.

I loved their first CD In Venice.

thanks, hl

actually that is a cd of older surf stuff that Bill did with his old band the
McGlynn Brothers.
its very good, but more on the Shadws side of things on some songs.
recommended for sure.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Both CD's are very good. I prefer "In Venice". I think the songs are better, and the recording fidelity is better to my ears. The song "Velvet
Surf" on "In Venice" is one of the finest things I've ever heard. The Glasgow Tiki shakers were absolutely phenominal closing the show at
the Huntington Beach Pier on Aug 2 (SG101 weekend). Their CD's are very good, but the live show is really something to hear. This is a tremendous band.

Bob

Bob

RobbieReverb
The Glasgow Tiki shakers were absolutely phenominal closing the show at the Huntington Beach Pier on Aug 2 (SG101 weekend). Their CD's are very good, but the live show is really something to hear. This is a tremendous band.

I'll second that on the show. A real ear opener. They were a last minute substitution, I think, but a wonderful one. I'm thrilled to have gotten a chance to hear them. Don't know that I qualify to judge on the relative merits of their CDs vs. their shows, let alone one CD vs. another, but both are good. Get the CDs for sure.

Also, check out their videos on YouTube, etc., though I do know that the videos out there don't do the live shows justice. You can get mesmerized by the sound and miss some of the drummer's hijinks. It happened to me at the show, and it happened to the videographer(s) whose stuff I've seen, but at a show your periperhal vision compensates to some extent.

Page 1 of 1