Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink Info for 2nd annual SG101 convention, 1st weekend, Aug 2009

LockNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 214 15 16 17 18 Next

PM me if you'd like a nametag. Specify Strat, offset, or Mosrite. I need to know by Tuesday evening so I can get them printed up and laminated. No guarantees as to the quality, but you get what you pay for!!!

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

For a refresher of what is going on that whole weekend show wise.

Fri night,
Insect Surfers,Boardwalkers and the Surge from Atlanta Ga.
at the Purple Orchid,
in El Segundo, near LAX. show is 21 and up and Free. 9pm.
and
also Fri night, in San Diego, at Bar Pink. 21 and up.
Secret Samurai, The Verbtones from Portland,
and the Tomorrowmen from San Francisco.

Sat. Aug 1 st. the Big event,
SG101 convention at the Starting Gate in Los Alamitos Ca.
surf Jam, 11am to 12:30pm
break 10 min,
Detonators,-12:40 to 1:20
break 10 min,
Boardwalkers,1:30 to 2:10
break 10 min,
Sand Devils,2:20 to 3:00
break 10 min,
The Surge,- 3:10 to 3:50
break 10 min,
Reventlos, 4:00 to 4:40
break 10 min,
Secret Samurai,4:50to5:30
break 10 min,
Tomorowmen,-5:40 to 6:20
break 10 min,
Ghastly Ones,6:30 to 7:10
break 10 min,
Verbtones, w Eddie, 7:20 to 8:00pm

Later that night, Aug 1st at the Royal Dive in Oceanside Ca.
Tsunami Blue and Outterwave,
21 and up, 9:30 pm till?
about a hour to hour and half drive.
I am driving a suburban down, I can take 4 or 5 people with me,
let me know if you want to carpool for that.

Sun Aug 2nd. 5 bands at the Huntington Beach Pier.
Main st. at PCH
1 mile North of Beach Blvd.
11 am to 5pm
The Surge,
The Verbtones,
The Reventlos,
The Eliminators,
The Chantays,

also Sun. from 6:30 to 8:30
The Duo-tones feat Paul Johnson(bel airs)and Gil Ore(The Chantays)
will be at Don the Beachcomber, in Sunset Beach. on PCH.
6 miles north. of HB pier.

is that enough for ya?

I hope to see alot of people the whole weekend,
but especially at the Big convention on saturday.

any questions?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude
is that enough for ya??

No, but it'll do.

ROTFL

Cheers Cheers Cheers to you for setting all this up. Makes hitting 40 a little easier to swallow.

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

For the sunday evening after the HB pier show,
the Duo-tones will be playing at Don the Beachcomber's.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

if you would like to e-mail or other form of net info.
all the shows this weekend,
please copy and paste this below

please forward this e-mail to anyone you may know that is a surf fan, and would want to know about this event, and the other shows this weekend.
thanks much.

info for:
the Huge Surf Guitar 101 convention Sat Aug 1st. 11 am to 8 pm here:
http://www.surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7902

info for show at Purple Ordchid show, Fri July 31st.
http://www.surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9606

also Fri. July 31st in San Diego Ca. 3 bands
http://www.surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9072

Sat Night,Aug 1st in Oceanside,2 bands 9:30 to ? 2nd post down 4 flyer
http://www.surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9366

Sun. Aug 2nd, at the Huntington Beach Pier, 5 bands 11 am to 5 pm
http://www.surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=120618#120618

Sun Aug 2nd,the Duo-tones at Don The Beachcomber in Sunset Beach,Ca. 6:30pm
http://www.surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9662

Jeff(bigtikidude)

<u>YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </u>

Guitar Monkey Groovy Rock Headbang Guitar Cheers Groovy Monkey Guitar Cheers Rock Headbang Groovy Monkey
SG101! Guitar Rock Groovy Monkey Headbang Rock Cheers Cheers Cheers

2 days and a wake-up and I am ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will

The Luau Cinders

With the US Open of Surfing having just ended and perfect weather, Surf City is an absolute zoo and will be for another month. People coming to the Pier show on Aug 2 should be prepared for very warm weather and huge crowds. If you do not come early, you are going to be in a world of hurt as far as parking. If you are not a performer, you better find parking by 9 am and find a place to hang out otherwise you are going to be really frustrated.

There is a public parking structure on Main Street at Walnut one block above the Coast Highway. Just go to the top to find an open spont and take the elevator back down to the street level.

There is another parking structure across the street on the south side of Walnut. Enter, go to lower level, take elevator up to street level.

There is a new parking structure on 6th street just above the Coast Highway. If you patronize any of the restaurants, they will validate you parking for part of the time you are parked. Unless you are a performer being provided with a parking pass, don't waste your time trying to find parking in one of the beach lots. Unless you arrive at 6 am you are not going to find a spot.

There are lots of good restaurants along Main Street and 5th Street.
There is also a snack stand called Zacks next to the stage area at the Pier. It has cold drinks and excellent food for beach food. They usually have the outdoor BBQ going on the weekends.

I hate to state the obvious but wear sun screen, SPF 50 if you have it. Otherwise you will get fried. Say hydrated. Those who visited last year know what I'm talking about. It is going to be really hot and sunny.

Dude.......stop harshin' ma buzz!!!!!!!! Evil

LMAO We're talking about dawn patrol at Bolsa Chica. How bad will the parking be in HB around 9 or so?

Will

The Luau Cinders

Staredge
LMAO We're talking about dawn patrol at Bolsa Chica. How bad will the parking be in HB around 9 or so?

Traffic entering could be very significant by 9 AM on Saturday. N/B PCH headed toward Seal Beach is closed beyond the center signal at the entrance to the state park beach at Bolsa Chica. People are ignoring the sign boards and there have been some huge traffic jams. 9 AM is not dawn. The water may be very crowded with locals. If you are coming from the HB, you could run into some nasty traffic. Headed toward HB, PCH is open. Great timing by the state as usual for whatever they are doing.

I'm thinking more about Sunday, for the Pier shows.

Will

The Luau Cinders

Staredge

Nah, he's just givin' you a reality check.

No kidding about sunscreen - there's really no shade. I brought an umbrella.

HBkahuna

Staredge

Traffic entering could be very significant by 9 AM on Saturday. N/B PCH headed toward Seal Beach is closed beyond the center signal at the entrance to the state park beach at Bolsa Chica. People are ignoring the sign boards and there have been some huge traffic jams. 9 AM is not dawn. The water may be very crowded with locals. If you are coming from the HB, you could run into some nasty traffic. Headed toward HB, PCH is open. Great timing by the state as usual for whatever they are doing.

If people show for a dawn patrol surf session at 9 a.m., everyone else will have left by then. Staredge may be talking about dawn patrol at Bolsa Chica starting at or before 6 a.m. , out of the water by 8 a.m. at least, and then trying to get to the Starting Gate and the Huntington Beach pier to find a parking spot afterwards.

The warning about parking is well-taken--parking at or near the Pier is always dreadful this time of year. Good advice on the off-street parking structures if the beach lots are packed. A better plan for those planning a Sunday session might be to do an early surf session right near the pier so you arrive really early and can be assured of a beach lot parking spot, and don't miss any of the show.

Goober

HBkahuna

Staredge

with the road closed, what is the best route to los alamitos from huntington beach? thanks in advance.

carol

www.surfintheeye.com

mom_surfing

with the road closed, what is the best route to los alamitos from huntington beach? thanks in advance.
carol

PCH to Goldentwest street, turn right, north... Goldentwest to Katella, turn left... Proceed to Starting gate a short distance on your left.

goober

HBkahuna
If people show for a dawn patrol surf session at 9 a.m., everyone else will have left by then. Staredge may be talking about dawn patrol at Bolsa Chica starting at or before 6 a.m. , out of the water by 8 a.m. at least, and then trying to get to the Starting Gate and the Huntington Beach pier to find a parking spot afterwards.

The warning about parking is well-taken--parking at or near the Pier is always dreadful this time of year. Good advice on the off-street parking structures if the beach lots are packed. A better plan for those planning a Sunday session might be to do an early surf session right near the pier so you arrive really early and can be assured of a beach lot parking spot, and don't miss any of the show.

Goober

Not sure where you are staying... At the Pier, there are fresh water showers in front of Zacks and private restrooms you can change in. No using the hose in my yard or changing in the street in front of my house. Laughing

"COMPLETE AND TOTAL SURF SATURATION"..........That's my goal!

See you guys soon!

ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

Tim,
I heard that PCH heading North of Goldenwest will be open by Friday.
I sure as hell hope so,
as there is the show at Don's on sunday after the pier show.
if PCH is closed on sunday,
take Goldenwest north to Warner, turn left, take that till it comes back down to PCH at a angle, turn right on PCH then go about 2 miles to Don's
look for the Giant Swordfish sign above the place.
and the Huge Maoi/tiki out front.

for all shows.
events this weekend,

give yourself double the amount of time, to drive there,
and then find parking.
if you get somewhere early,
relax, and know that you were smart,
and took extra time, to save hassle,
and not have a headache of being stuck in traffic or driving in circles
looking for parking.

for the HB pier show on Sunday.
if the parking lots are full, just go inland about 5 or6 blocks, and
make sure there are no, No parking signs,
then walk down to the Beach,
it will take awhile for the walk,
but if your in a parking structure, on the top floor
it will take you forever to get out, and go to Dons.

as for the Starting Gate in Los ALamitos
there are 200 or so parking spots,
in back and in front,
if those are full, park across the street in the 24 hour fitness lot,
but at your own risk, not sure if they tow,
there is a neighborhood behind the starting gate.
maybe you can park there and walk around past the 76 gas station
and to the starting gate.

the Venue holds 311 not 400 like I had previously thought,
so if you want in, get to the starting gate early, and have breakfast,
and be assured that you are in for the show.

better safe than sorry.
I'm getting reports from Kristena that there are alot of people coming that she has never heard of or met, on facebook.
could be quite crowded at the starting gate,
get you seat early,

if your in a band or in the Jam, please get there by 10:30 at the latest.
so when the Jam starts at 11 am, I don't have to run all over the place trying to find you.

if we have never met,
please come up and introduce yourself.

Any questions?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

HBkahuna
With the US Open of Surfing having just ended and perfect weather, Surf City is an absolute zoo and will be for another month. People coming to the Pier show on Aug 2 should be prepared for very warm weather and huge crowds. If you do not come early, you are going to be in a world of hurt as far as parking. If you are not a performer, you better find parking by 9 am and find a place to hang out otherwise you are going to be really frustrated.

There is a public parking structure on Main Street at Walnut one block above the Coast Highway. Just go to the top to find an open spont and take the elevator back down to the street level.

There is another parking structure across the street on the south side of Walnut. Enter, go to lower level, take elevator up to street level.

There is a new parking structure on 6th street just above the Coast Highway. If you patronize any of the restaurants, they will validate you parking for part of the time you are parked. Unless you are a performer being provided with a parking pass, don't waste your time trying to find parking in one of the beach lots. Unless you arrive at 6 am you are not going to find a spot.

There are lots of good restaurants along Main Street and 5th Street.
There is also a snack stand called Zacks next to the stage area at the Pier. It has cold drinks and excellent food for beach food. They usually have the outdoor BBQ going on the weekends.

I hate to state the obvious but wear sun screen, SPF 50 if you have it. Otherwise you will get fried. Say hydrated. Those who visited last year know what I'm talking about. It is going to be really hot and sunny.

Great info there, Thanks Tim,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

HBkahuna

I found this out last night on my way home from work...let's close PCH in the MIDDLE OF FUCKING SUMMER...:lame:

Radio Free Bakersfield--60 Minutes of TWANG, CRUNCH, OOMPH.
http://radiofreebakersfield.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Free-Bakersfield/172410279636
http://www.sandiegojoe.com/rfb.htm

The sign board say its closed till Aug 8... What can I say... There is major damage to the road.

bigtikidude
Tim,
I heard that PCH heading North of Goldenwest will be open by Friday.
I sure as hell hope so,
as there is the show at Don's on sunday after the pier show.
if PCH is closed on sunday,
take Goldenwest north to Warner, turn left, take that till it comes back down to PCH at a angle, turn right on PCH then go about 2 miles to Don's
look for the Giant Swordfish sign above the place.
and the Huge Maoi/tiki out front.

for all shows.
events this weekend,

give yourself double the amount of time, to drive there,
and then find parking.
if you get somewhere early,
relax, and know that you were smart,
and took extra time, to save hassle,
and not have a headache of being stuck in traffic or driving in circles
looking for parking.

for the HB pier show on Sunday.
if the parking lots are full, just go inland about 5 or6 blocks, and
make sure there are no, No parking signs,
then walk down to the Beach,
it will take awhile for the walk,
but if your in a parking structure, on the top floor
it will take you forever to get out, and go to Dons.

as for the Starting Gate in Los ALamitos
there are 200 or so parking spots,
in back and in front,
if those are full, park across the street in the 24 hour fitness lot,
but at your own risk, not sure if they tow,
there is a neighborhood behind the starting gate.
maybe you can park there and walk around past the 76 gas station
and to the starting gate.

the Venue holds 311 not 400 like I had previously thought,
so if you want in, get to the starting gate early, and have breakfast,
and be assured that you are in for the show.

better safe than sorry.
I'm getting reports from Kristena that there are alot of people coming that she has never heard of or met, on facebook.
could be quite crowded at the starting gate,
get you seat early,

if your in a band or in the Jam, please get there by 10:30 at the latest.
so when the Jam starts at 11 am, I don't have to run all over the place trying to find you.

if we have never met,
please come up and introduce yourself.

Any questions?

Goto Page: Previous 1 214 15 16 17 18 Next