Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Music Reviews »

Permalink Deadbeats = Awesome!

Page 1 of 1

The Pyronauts had the pleasure of having The Deadbeats open for us last night at the G Street Pub in Davis, CA. We told them to bring it, and they brought it. They played loud, hard, and fast. Broke strings, screamed the song titles due to a broken mic, and kicked some serious ace!

The Zanti and Ben sound like they've been playing together for years! Abraham lays it down nice and low! Jonathan plays with such speed and precision! Together they equal fun to watch and great tone!

They played a mix of originals and awesome covers by many of our favorites! Ghastly Ones, Satan's Pilgrims, etc.

Seriously though, it was very refreshing to play with these guys. They bring it. Look out at the KFJC Surf Battle in May as they definitely raise the bar for whatever band(s) follow them!

The only thing missing from the show last night was a recording! These guys need a CD, like, yesterday. I'd buy a copy for sure!

Here Here! We're proud to have The Deadbeats representin' East Bay Surf.:thumbs-up:

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Hey Paul thanks for taking the time to write a review of our set. We really enjoyed ourselves at this gig. Had fun, broke strings, played with out of tune guitars :lol:, and a crappy Mic, but it was a good time. We really enjoyed seeing you guys play, and the crowd was diggin' it too. A bunch of drinking it up and having a good time. Unfortunately I was kicked out of the Bar half way through your guys set. But at least we still got to see you guys play for a bit. Once again thanks for having us open for you guys, we had fun!

The Deadbeats

yeha Fun show indeed! we really enjoyed playing with The Pyronauts, Super cool guys! we only got to hear half their set or so because we got kicked out but they had me all the wya through it very entertaining show they put! totally forgot to say bye afterwards , we had to leave fast. but yes thanks for having us play with u guys!

-Zanti

Instagram:

My IG

Combo Tezeta IG

Thanks Paul! I had a great time at the show and I'm really glad people enjoyed our set. The Pyronauts were a blast to watch and put on a great show and a good time. It was a wild night--I think they broke every second piece of equipment that was on stage. Laughing And they got plenty of people up and dancing (where were they during our set?? :?) Plus, Brett's giant blood blister was one of the most hideous things I've ever seen in my entire life. My guess is you could see it from space it was so big. Puke Afterwards, we all hung outside and watched people stumble through the parking lot, drunk guys trying to teabag each other on the sidewalk, and girls flashing passing cars (the same girl who pulled me onto the dance floor and apparently danced with Doug Snyder while we were outside). Fun! Thanks again to the guys for letting us open for them!

Also, my friend Jimmy took a small handful of photos of our set, approximately none of which are interesting, but what the hell...

Thug life:

Wooza, did you get your college buds to come out? If so, what did they think of surf music?

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Last edited: Apr 06, 2009 09:26:35

haha i forgot i was wearing a hat that night... haha keeping it Gangsta!!!! hahahaha

-Zanti

Instagram:

My IG

Combo Tezeta IG

PolloGuitar
Wooza, did you get you college buds to come out? If so, what did they think of surf music?

Yeah a good handful of my friends came out, which was cool. And actually, it seems like everyone genuinely dug it, which is even cooler. I was trying to scope out and see who was just being polite, but I think they actually enjoyed it legitimately. I haven't talked to too many of them since Friday, but one friend (the guy who took the photos) said that he thought he knew what to expect having heard me practicing these songs at home a bunch of times, but that with the whole band there he was really blown away by the full sound of it. I was definitely glad to hear that.

Unfortunately most of my friends left soon after our set (maybe they were mostly being polite...) but one friend in particular stayed behind because she and her boyfriend were diggin' the hell out of the show so much. He said he had never even heard of surf before but was really enjoying it enough to stay. Promising...

Mr_Reverb63
haha i forgot i was wearing a hat that night... haha keeping it Gangsta!!!! hahahaha

Hardcore... but wait what the hell is Abraham doing with that bottle? Whack

wooza
what the hell is Abraham doing with that bottle? Whack

hahaha he told me he was goin for a christian rock pose or somethin like that...... what the hell IS he doing with that bottle? Laughing But anyways thanks a ton Paul for having us open for you guys and tell Tim he kicked ass Worship

Cool!

(defunct) Thee Jaguar Sharks

Plus! Other stuff not surf: https://soundcloud.com/jamesmileshq
Enjoy every minute

wooza
Thug life:

Cool I yes, this is my Christian Rock pose just for Jake. Oh and I wasn't doing anything with that bottle, gets your minds out of the gutter!

The Deadbeats

sounds like a cool show,
wish I could have been there.

wait Doug was dancing with a chick.
stop the press!
Shocked

wish I could see a pic of that.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Doug said he wasn't dancing with anybody , that it was Ben.
fes up Ben,
whats the low down?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Agreed.. surf thrashers unite.

bigtikidude
Doug said he wasn't dancing with anybody , that it was Ben.
fes up Ben,
whats the low down?

Well that's what I heard about Doug. We were all outside when it supposedly happened. One of the Pyronauts told me, but I forget who exactly. Maybe the chick was just pulling moves on Doug (she was all over plenty of guys that night) or maybe the guys were just messing around. Maybe I'm too gullible. Either way, I got pulled on to the dance floor for a couple minutes. It was kinda weird. I never expected to be grinded on during a surf song. Shocked

never look a gift horse in the mouth.
Cool

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Page 1 of 1