Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink Info for 2nd annual SG101 convention, 1st weekend, Aug 2009

LockNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 717 18 Next

I sent a message to the guy, that wants Phantom Frank to come out here.
if he doesn't respond in a few days.
I'm gonna axe it.
Ferenc, any help/ideas, heard anything?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

any surf bands that will be playing in the area while they're in town for the convention should post their show announcements too in case anybody wanted to hang out there.

If there are any shows before or after the 3 day weekend of shows. I will post about them.
I know that the Longboards from Spain are coming here, and wanting to do more than just the 3. so they will have some in LA OC area after that weekend.
I will be posting official announcement in a few days to a week hopefully.
still waiting for commitment from a Euro band.

thanks for waiting people.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

You're killing me Jeff

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

if you are waiting to book tix for airfare, car rental, and motel etc...
on who is playing the 3 days of events.

just book it now,
let me tell you that the line up will be worth coming out here for.

So its
Fri. July 31st,
Sat. Aug 1st and
Sun. Aug 2nd.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

No, I'm coming. I'm just not dealing well with NO INFORMATION!!!!!!!! I want to start getting excited ABOUT SPECIFICS!!!!!!

I WANT THE POSTER SO I CAN PRINT IT OUT AND HANG IT OVER MY DESK AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shocked Embarassed

Just can't wait to hear who's gonna be there. No worries. Duh

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

Anyone know anything about the Huntington Surf Inn? Looks like only one review (bad) online.

Will

The Luau Cinders

Staredge
Anyone know anything about the Huntington Surf Inn? Looks like only one review (bad) online.

I'd rate it 1 star. The Best Western next door is much nicer. Decent area, close to the pier, night life and restaurants.

HBkahuna

Staredge

I'd rate it 1 star. The Best Western next door is much nicer. Decent area, close to the pier, night life and restaurants.

Twice the price. I don't expect to be in the room much....figured it was walking distance to all the HB stuff. Not sure what I'm doing about Friday & Saturday yet. Not sure I'll be able to rent a car.

Will

The Luau Cinders

personally I'd go for the S hole, since your only gonna be sleeping in it.
but some people have higher standards than I.
Wink

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Staredge

HBkahuna

Staredge

Twice the price. I don't expect to be in the room much....figured it was walking distance to all the HB stuff. Not sure what I'm doing about Friday & Saturday yet. Not sure I'll be able to rent a car.

You're welcome.

Staredge
I WANT THE POSTER SO I CAN PRINT IT OUT AND HANG IT OVER MY DESK AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff...do you need someone to help out with a poster/flyer? Smile

• Surfbeatnik

Duff,
yeah I'll send you a e-mail

thanks.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

i priced tickets from the east coast today and several airlines have them for around $200 round trip. i'm making my reservations tomorrow.

www.surfintheeye.com

Yep. $367 for airfare & car rental. Making my hotel reservations tomorrow. Groovy Monkey Guitar

Will

The Luau Cinders

OK all the things are coming in, got a few tiny things to wrap up.
I should be announcing the whole weekend of bands, venues etc. in about a week or so.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I have a question for anybody that might be coming to Calif. for the sg101 convention weekend.

the actual event is 11 am to 8 pm on sat aug 1st.

I was toying with the Idea of having 2 or 3 bands play at another bar afterward.
say Slacktone, and Outterwave, at the Doll Hut in Anaheim, 15 min drive from
sg101 event venue.
how many of you would go to that?

I know that at 8 pm, the last thing I'm gonna want to do is go home and sleep. So that's why I thought of doing another show.
But I also know that a lot of people wil be tired and prob not go to the other show.

so there is that option.
or just pick a cool restaurant and bar to hang out at.

your thought please?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

YES!!!! MOAR BANDZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

Sorry. Embarassed Spending too much time on Harmony Central. LMAO

Yes, Jeff. I will attend any and all surf band shows happening in the greater OC area whilst I am on the left coast.

If they play it, I will come.

(especially Slacktone)

Will

The Luau Cinders

Unless something unfortunate causes a change in my plans, I'm on board for the whole weekend.

I think additional acts at another venue after the day long event is a great idea, and I would go. I look at it like a film festival... stop to sleep only.

Sleep????? SLEEP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

We'll sleep when we're dead.

Will

The Luau Cinders

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 717 18 Next