Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SG101 Podcast »

Permalink Episode #7 - Space Surf!

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Space Surf - The final frontier. These are the musical voyages of the Starship SG-101. Its 5-year mission to explore strange new sounds, to seek out new songs and not-so-new Fender guitars. To boldly go where no reverb tank has gone before!

This episode contains some mighty far out space-themed surf songs as well as part 2 of CaptainSpringfield's interview with surf guitar legend and historian John Blair from Jon & The Nightriders.

Head on over to the Podcast Page to see the tracklist and download now. Check out the enhanced features in the AAC format. And don't fret, an mp3 version of the podcast will be made available in the next few days.

I'll post in this thread when the mp3 version is available. In the meantime, don't forget you can play AAC (.m4a) files on your PC with QuickTime, iTunes, or the VLC Media Player.

Thanks to Lady Reverb, Danny Snyder, John Blair, and Warren Binder.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

And thanks to you Brian for hosting it Cheers

Double extra thanks for Warren for all his help with this one. Worship

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Yay! Guitar And here I was, wishing for a Space episode.
Downloading it as we speak.

I needed something new to listen to while I continue cutting out pieces for the mini foil kite I'm building.

I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.

planish
Yay! Guitar And here I was, wishing for a Space episode.
Downloading it as we speak.

I needed something new to listen to while I continue cutting out pieces for the mini foil kite I'm building.

...Planish, you obviously don't have little children at your house - the last time I did a "kite project" I ended up tangled in string and almost in tears (all the best to you and your project, by the way)...as for the Podcast, I'm about to download it -yipee Smile

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

Listening to it now,
far out man.
dig it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

It's awesome!!!!

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Nice work! Kudos on playing the Huntington Cads

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

I've beamed it down to my computer and have been teleported to another dimension. Nice job all!

CUTBACK

Thanks again Lady Reverb, Danny, Warren, and anyone else who was involved. Another cool and fun podcast. I liked the theme of this one and yet again heard songs I've never heard before.

Don

Yeah, another cool podcast! Thanks to all responsible. Great job. Very Happy
Personal favorite: Santa Claus in Space. What a great tune!

The Volcanos

Hey, thanks to all who put on this great podcast. Good job!

In addition to out-of-this-world song selections ;), I always enjoy hearing the pioneers of surf recount their interest in surf music. It's always good to keep in touch with your roots. And now that John Blair has teamed up with the Eliminators, this episode has timely significance.

I especially like the production and how it plays with iTunes' Chapter feature to show band visuals/ album covers which carries over to the iPod.

Do you take requests? If so and there are more tunes of this theme variation out there to make a Part II version, I'd love to hear it.

The mp3 version of Episode #7 is now available on the Podcast Page.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I finally got around to listening to this... Another success! Some of these songs are spacier than others--I think there are a couple tunes here that are only space songs by name, but nonetheless another thoroughly entertaining podcast. Interesting, this time almost all my favorites were first-wavers. Hmmm I guess guys just had a good feel for the space sound back then.
Thanks to the gang for putting this together!

Shameless plug: The Deadbeats have a new space song that trumps all of these. Twisted Evil If we can work up a good enough demo maybe we can post it.

Another great job gang Very Happy Thank you very much SG101!

I've listened to it a few times now - great! Thanks for the effort.

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

This is probably my favorite one yet. Great work as always!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new file format!

Wow, what a FANTASTIC podcast!! (Thanks for playing the Cossacks, Lady Reverb!) What a thrill to have John Blair list the Madeira first among his favorite bands! Unbelievable. (We're not trad? News to me... ;) )

That is a seriously incredibly line-up of songs. Adrienne and Danny, you guys just keep getting better and better. And a very nice job with the interview, Warren. You are all doing a real service to our beloved genre with these podcasts. Thank you.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Agreed! The latest podcast was "out of this world". What an awesome resource these are--very nice production, all.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up to all involved as usual.

I thought you'd like that, Ivan. Kudos yet again to The Madeira.

So, since we got Space Surf....does that meant that Horror Surf is not far behind??????

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

I listened again to the podcast #7 while I mowed my lawn and worked around the yard this past weekend (the podcast has actually been in regular rotation on my iPod for months). I must say again how great of a job I think Danny, Adrienne and Warren did. I love the selection of songs, the narration (Lady Reverb is so cool!!), the interview, everything. Just a phenomenal job!

I'm a bit surprised and maybe slightly disappointed that SG101ers haven't shown more love for these podcasts, cause they really are awesome! They are an amazing resource for people that don't have the time or money to search out surf music CDs, and I know from personal experience that even owning (almost) all of those CDs, it's a real blast to hear them in this context. I really hope people are in fact listening, and if you are, I'd definitely encourage you all to say a few nice words to Danny & co. I'm sure these podcasts are a LOT of work, and the people involved put in all this time and effort purely out of love of surf music, not for money or anything else. And the podcasts have really become unbelievably professional. So, c'mon, let's show our appreciation!

And here's to the podcast #8, may it not be too much longer!!!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Goto Page: 1 2 Next