Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Music Reviews »

Permalink Hotel Utah Slacktone, Pollo Del Mar, Pyronauts Show (2/15/09

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

I've lost count of haw many Hotel Utah shows I have come up for.
I'm thinking 5 or 6. but not sure.

there was also the Endless Drummer event there,
one time that Slacktone was there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sorry about the doorman, he works for the club, not me. Some other people complained about him too.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

If I may ask, what was the problem with letting the Deadbeats in? I thought the Hotel Utah shows (in the afternoon) were all ages?

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Brian
If I may ask, what was the problem with letting the Deadbeats in? I thought the Hotel Utah shows (in the afternoon) were all ages?

I don't know exactly, because I wasn't alerted to the problem while it was happening. There were lots of other underage people in the club (Wooza's sister for one) although mostly they were with their parents. The shows are not "All Ages", they are "Under 21 OK when accompanied by an adult" but we haven't had a problem before, and this was a new doorman for Sundays.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Ben, wear a fake mustache and treat Zanti, Abe, etc like they are your kids.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

it was great seeing everybody in Nor. Cal. again.
wish I could come up more often.

Abe good to meet you and Johnathan.
hope to see you guys at the sg101 convention in Aug.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

PolloGuitar

Brian

I don't know exactly, because I wasn't alerted to the problem while it was happening. There were lots of other underage people in the club (Wooza's sister for one) although mostly they were with their parents. The shows are not "All Ages", they are "Under 21 OK when accompanied by an adult" but we haven't had a problem before, and this was a new doorman for Sundays.

Yeah it was pretty stupid. I got to play chaperone for my sister (who the door guy apparently thought was my girlfriend... eew) so I figured it should be fine to just have me let the rest of the band in later. He said it wasn't ok because he couldn't have a bunch of guys who looked potentially 21 brought into a bar "just by one of their buddies," which makes sense I guess, but he absolutely refused to let me reason with him. I tried to explain that...
a) there were already underage patrons in the place
b) these guys (and myself) have already gotten into the venue in the past without being a problem
c) if the problem were me as chaperone I could go in and grab any number of adults we know to take my place--maybe even a whole group of people if need be
d) none of us were there to drink--we only came for the show anyways
e) if the guys were to have X's marked on their hands (which is the protocol anyways) then that should tip off any mildly-competent bartender
... but he refused to have any of it. I'm not sure I finished a full sentence when trying to plead our case. When I asked him why the system had worked in the past and couldn't work now he barked at me "cause I'm at the door now." Anything I tried to say afterwards was cut off by that same response. Screw that. Evil

Brian
Ben, wear a fake mustache and treat Zanti, Abe, etc like they are your kids.

Funny you should mention that. Laughing We actually talked about having me go back in and persuading the most Mexican-looking adult come out to play that role.
"My kids! Why won't you let my kids in, dammit?" Laughing

IvanP

wooza
But... nothing will ever topple my first time at the Utah--my first show I ever went to, with the Madeira, Pollo Del Mar, and Slacktone. Shocked Ferenc got me in at the door right as the Madeira were opening with "Sun and Sand" and I was distractedly drooling over those tones while dealing with the door man. Then I went in while "Sandstorm" raged and I became a man. Laughing

Very Happy So, we were kinda like your Bar Mitzvah? You poor thing! I don't think at other bar mitzvahs you suffer hearing loss afterwards!

Well, it wasn't as bad as my surf bris. Laughing

Goto Page: Previous 1 2