Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink Info for 2nd annual SG101 convention, 1st weekend, Aug 2009

LockNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 617 18 Next

There is a show in San Diego.
I am 75% going to book a show at Purple Orchid on the Fri also.
but waiting for all the things to fall into place.

I got offered a Band From Europe that really wants to do it.
besides the Longboards from Spain, who are coming.

just hang on a few more days or a week.
but let me say this 3 day weekend is going to be off the hook.
and you won't want to miss it.

The SG101 convention is sat from 11 am to 8 pm.
but I am over booked.
I was thinking about doing a after show about 2 miles away from the day time venue.
would people want to go to both?
the night show would be 3 or 4 bands, and 9 pm to 1 am ish.

I know its alot.
but we did the deke fest yesterday from 4 pm to 2 am.
wow I'm beat.
but so worth it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

From what little pieces I've heard it's going to be really fun with plenty of acts you don't get to see very often.

Deke's was way fun! I have a bit of a headache...don't see how you are going to the Slack-key fest today, you are an animal!

Jeff Utterback

I'm in for the after-show!!!!!

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

Man, wish I could make it out to this. Sounds like an awesome time.

How far is the Saturday venue from the Long Beach airport? I might be able to fly in Fri night or Sat morning, then come back after the Sunday show. Any hotel recommendations for Saturday night?

Sean
Double Crown Records
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Surf CD's / Vinyl / Fanzines / DVD's
The Desolate Coast - Without A Planet CD
Hipbone Slim aka Sir Bald - Wiggin' Out With CD
Continental Magazine - Issue #36 w/21 Song CD

Double-Crown-Records
How far is the Saturday venue from the Long Beach airport? I might be able to fly in Fri night or Sat morning, then come back after the Sunday show. Any hotel recommendations for Saturday night?

Long Beach to Los Alamitos is about 15 minutes if you are a slow driver.

This is a good place to stay on Sat... 5 minute walk to the HB Pier gig. 25 minute drive back to Long Beach Airport. http://www.bestwesterncalifornia.com/hotels/best-western-huntington-beach-inn/

Looks like I'm coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mom's gonna break down & pay the airfare!!!!!! Groovy Worship Cheers

Anybody interested in shacking up???? Shocked Hmmm Ummmm...I mean splitting a room? The cheap dump looks like my home for the 3 or 4 days. Also looking to carpool for gas money, 'cause I'm trying to avoid having to rent one. Any ideas on that? Am i screwed without wheels???

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

Do priceline or orbitz.

No worries!

Jeff Utterback

has the 'official' 3-day line-up been announced yet? if it has, I missed it

if not....I am standing by!

thx

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

No sir,
still waiting on confirmation from the Euro band.
it may be a few weeks on that.

I may make the announcement of the sat event and sun pier show soon though.

just lazy to type it up.
Rolling Eyes Wink

Jeff(bigtikidude)

i was just checking rates at the best western in huntington beach and they've gone up considerably since last summer, even with my AAA discount. but............it's still a great location so i'm gonna start saving my pennies now.

www.surfintheeye.com

as I posted before there is a Marriot Hotel, and a small place called the Turf Motel just down the street( 100 yards ot so) from the Venue where the sat show will be.
I saw them and made sure they were close,

do people want me to check on rates for them?
or can you just do it online?
the Street is Katella and the address in 5000 ish area
city: Los Alamitos

will post show info soon.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

i looked on orbitz and there are also a few motels in huntington beach that are a little inland that are cheaper. my ultimate motive is to be close enough to the beach that i can walk across the street and go surfing every morning before the festivities begin.

www.surfintheeye.com

If you're looking for a cheap, but only "close-by" hotel for the SG101 Convention, we stayed overnight at the Extended Day America Huntington Beach Hotel for the Sun City Marathon last weekend and it was "okay." Nothing fancy, rooms have a kitchenette, pet friendly and it was $70 @ night .

The hotel is on Bolsa Chica about 10 minutes from the beach and close to Los Alamitos.

imageimage

Looking south on PCH with runners lined up all the way to the Hyatt Overpass.
imageimage

Goober

JEFF,

can you possibly reveal where in 'OC/LA' the Saturday show will be? I mean the 'city', not the 'venue' -- you announce this when you are ready - not trying to rush things

also, trying to gauge the time of the event - can you estimate (not holding you to this, mind you), when approximately the last act will go on stage on Saturday AUG 1?

all of this info will help me determine where I will stay SAT night, before heading out to HUNTINGTON BEACH on SUNDAY a.m.

thx

UNSTEADY F.

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

Freddie,
I haven't booked the sat night show at all.
but The Venue I wanted to do it at close to the Day time event fell thru.
So I am thinking if I do have something put together,
it might be at the Juke Joint in Anaheim.
but I haven't talked to the Venue or the bands yet.

so nothing is in sand, let alone in stone.
if there is a sat show it will prob be 9 ish to 1 am ish.

from Anaheim to HB sat night will be 30 min,
sun morning will be 30 min to 1 hour depending on traffic and the route you take.

hope that kinda helps.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff

Sorry to be a PITA. Any idea what's happening with the jam session?? Will it be back? Who's the band? What does the set list look like? I want to start working on a song. Should I figure that the list from last year will be about the same??

Will

The Luau Cinders

Will,
There will be a Jam, about 1 hour.
Wish we had more time for this.
but I only have the venue from 11 am to 8 pm.
so Jam will be 11 am to noon. ( I think)
the Detonators will be the back up band.
I will post the list of songs soon.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Perfect.......Just perfect. Believe it or not, it is snowing like gang busters here in Atlanta at the moment and WoodyJ, Mitch and I have just now booked our flights out to Sunny Southern California for the 101 Convention!

Go West old men.......and take your guitars!

OK now, who's next?

ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

I'm sitting here with an inch or so, compulsively reading my Huntington Beach tourist info magazine and looking up websites of place I want to eat!!!!!!

Any news Jeff????

Will

The Luau Cinders

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 617 18 Next