Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Pic's of your pets I know there are some animal lovers here!

Goto Page: Previous 1 26 7 8 9 10 Next

Ben
Estreet, your Willow is sweet looking. she almost looks like a deer. good luck to her.

Thanks Ben. It's true, whenever I take her out, children often point at her and say 'Look Mummy a deer on a lead!' I've never known what her ancestry is as she's a rescue dog, but she looks most like an Italian Greyhound.

http://www.myspace.com/thepashuns

Youth and enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

Glad you got the photo thing figured out!

Ben
i live just a half mile from the beach and it's pretty damp and humid most nights. fortunately, not too many rednecks here, but not really good tortoise weather, they are prone to pneumonia or respiratory problems in this environment. i bring him in the house each night. he hibernates in a box in the garage. i just tucked him in for the winter and he'll usually wake up around memorial day.

Whoa, this is amazing. How do you know when it is time to hibernate? Does he just go to sleep somewhere and STAY there for a few months?

Cool. I once saved a huge, old, gnarly-looking snapping turtle from crossing a busy street. I somehow got him into a cardboard box without losing any digits and took him to the river.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

doclegume

synchro
For some reason the pictures aren't coming through doclegume.

I HATE picasaweb Evil

Couldn't load the pages. I can host them for you. PM me and I'll give you an email address to send them to.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Brian
Glad you got the photo thing figured out!

Whoa, this is amazing. How do you know when it is time to hibernate? Does he just go to sleep somewhere and STAY there for a few months?

Cool. I once saved a huge, old, gnarly-looking snapping turtle from crossing a busy street. I somehow got him into a cardboard box without losing any digits and took him to the river.

I once found a big snapper wandering around in Minnesota and picked him up. Man was he PO'd with me. I brought him back to the lake after a while and he jumped in and swam as fast as he could. After about 30 feet he turned back and gave me a dirty look then he kept going. It may have been the high point of my life. Smile

More info on Mr. T.....
I think it must be that he senses the temperature change, the length of daylight/shadows, polar position, or something about fall/winter coming. As this happens he just starts slowing down and becomes less active, eats less, and sleeps more. I keep an eye on him and I can tell when he's ready to go night-night. He just turned in last week. If we get a last minute heat wave he might wake back up for a little longer. Otherwise, he's down for the winter.

The first year I was told not to let him hibernate and wait to be sure that he was healthy. To do this, I kept him inside with a heat light on him and regulated the day/night cycle with a light timer. You can trick them into thinking that its still summer all year. I was told a sick tortoise will usually die during hibernation when their systems are at idle.

He's like a little dinosaur and he is fun to watch cruising the yard. I do feel a real sense of responsibility for him (as we all do for our pets). He is 100% vegetarian and eats grass, weeds, flowers, and occasional pieces of fruit and vegetables. When I got him he weighed about five pounds. He's now eleven pounds and about a foot long. Estimated age is 35-40 years.

Nina's house, for doclegume.

And may I add, nice work! My cats favor a cove under my TV stand. If I take the DVDs out of the cove they take over immediately.

Nice house doclegume.
i also dig the Vespa. i just sold a silver P125x.

Ben
He's like a little dinosaur and he is fun to watch cruising the yard. I do feel a real sense of responsibility for him (as we all do for our pets). He is 100% vegetarian and eats grass, weeds, flowers, and occasional pieces of fruit and vegetables. When I got him he weighed about five pounds. He's now eleven pounds and about a foot long. Estimated age is 35-40 years.

Sounds like a fascinating pet. Just out of curiosity, does he respond to you, recognize you etc, or is it more a case of knowing your scent and not being afraid, but little more than that? I know that when I kept pet snakes they would learn that you weren't a threat and would let you handle them but they weren't capable of much more than that.

synchro
And may I add, nice work! My cats favor a cove under my TV stand. If I take the DVDs out of the cove they take over immediately.

Thanks syncro !
When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...

Very Happy

The work wasn't hard at all (I love diy), but by now the house is in rent because mina is definitely a stray cat !!!
She rocks ...

Docteur Legume Et Les Surfwerks

http://doclegume.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/doclegume

"We're gonna draw a little bit of everybody's blood 'cause we're gonna find out who's THE THING"

Ben
Nice house doclegume.
i also dig the Vespa. i just sold a silver P125x.

Aaaaargghh ... why did you do it ??????

Docteur Legume Et Les Surfwerks

http://doclegume.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/doclegume

"We're gonna draw a little bit of everybody's blood 'cause we're gonna find out who's THE THING"

Mr. T does seem to be social and likes the attention of being scratched on the head and legs. When he sees me, he does change course to come my way. Even so, he startles easily if someone or the dogs sneak up on him. He pulls into the shell quickly, just like in the cartoons (except it doesn't spin around when he pulls in real quick). I don't think he's really bonding with me or anything like a cat or dog would. I would guess he's a lot like a snake. His head sure looks like a snake.

All this tortoise love is making my dogs jealous.

Doclegume.....i sold the Vespa to buy music gear...what else. I have been kicking myself sense as i watch gas prices going through the roof. Oh well.
When my shoulder gets better I'll post a pic of what i got for it.

Ben
Mr. T does seem to be social and likes the attention of being scratched on the head and legs. When he sees me, he does change course to come my way. Even so, he startles easily if someone or the dogs sneak up on him. He pulls into the shell quickly, just like in the cartoons (except it doesn't spin around when he pulls in real quick). I don't think he's really bonding with me or anything like a cat or dog would. I would guess he's a lot like a snake. His head sure looks like a snake.

All this tortoise love is making my dogs jealous.

That's really cool. Too bad he doesn't spin like in the cartoons.

Old thread revival time! Just wanted to introduce everybody to the newest member of mi familia - we picked him up last week from the Seal Beach animal rescue. 11 months old and a real sweatheart which our kids have named "Odin" Confused

Here's our Jack Russel "Brody" w/ his new pal -

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

I thought I'd bump this thread 'cause it's so awesome. It's something (I think) we can all agree on Smile and people who love animals are generally not serial killers.
SG101!

Here's a pic of TomorrowMen Tony's dog Laika who came over to help with the Pool Boy's recording session. Laika is an awesome producer!

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012 15:34:05

Smile Dogs RULE!!! What would life be without dogs? Not nearly as good, in fact downright sucky, that's what....

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

I like (some) dogs,
but I am away from home to much to have one.
maybe one day when I get a big ranch house,
with some acreage I will get one.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Here`s a couple op pics of our dog Ebba. Ebba is named after the swedish punk-rock band Ebba Grøn, and is a mix of german sheppard, american akita, alaskan malamute and caucian mountain dog. She is 7,5 years old, and a very happy dog.

Enjoy the pics:)

Nils Tempo

Nils

"If it hadn’t been for Link Wray and 'Rumble,' I would have never picked up a guitar." - Pete Townshend, The Who

The Twang-O-Matics - Facebook
The Twang-O-Matics - homepage

IvanP wrote:

Smile Dogs RULE!!! What would life be without dogs? Not nearly as good, in fact downright sucky, that's what....

Here here!

Shawn Martin
http://www.drummerman.net
http://www.youtube.com/GKacedrummerman
http://www.facebook.com/drumuitar

Speaking of bunnies:

Wow...that is fantastic

Goto Page: Previous 1 26 7 8 9 10 Next