Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink The Madeira - new CD and new website with new songs

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Here we go – our second full-length album “Carpe Noctem” will be officially released on Tuesday, May 27th!

It will be initially available exclusively through Double Crown Records Mail Order – and soon after that you’ll be able to find it pretty much everywhere. It’s taken a lot of hard work to get this CD out and we very much hope you will like what you hear – we love it!

We also launched our new website at themadeira.net - check it out. At the moment it looks very similar to our old one, but it’s got a lot more bells and whistles that we will take advantage of in the future. The best thing is that there is new content: two new downloadable songs from “Carpe Noctem”; great photos from our March Indy show; a new t-shirt now available for purchase; and complete information for all our upcoming summer shows (plus some nifty fliers!).

Speaking of shows, our East Coast trek is in only six days! Washington, DC, Asbury Park, NJ and New York, NY, joined by some of the finest surf bands around today (see our website for all the details). It’s our first time playing on the East Coast as a band, and we can’t wait. The bonus for those that come to the gigs is that we expect to have advance copies of “Carpe Noctem” available for sale – you can be among the first people in the world to have the new Madeira CD! Looking beyond this short tour, we will have an Indy CD release show in late June, and then we return to SoCal for a whirlwind three-day tour in early August. Lots of activity ahead (by our standards, anyway!), and we sincerely hope to see many of you during all these travels.

Ivan

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Congrats Ivan! I know a lot of people are foaming at the mouth to get a copy of Carpe Noctum (myself included!). The new tunes are absolutely incredible. I really like The Saracen. Really cool Eastern European vibe. Great great work guys! Good luck on your east coast tour. That lineup is phenomenal Rock

Can't wait to see you guys live when your down in SoCal in August Cheers

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

Thanks for the really nice words, Ryan! So glad you're liking the songs, too! We can't wait to play with you, as well. The SoCal tour is something I'm really looking forward to - but first we'll have fun on the East Coast!

Ivan

PS The first time we ever played The Saracen live was at the Baja Cantina show during our '06 California tour. It's nice to finally have it out.

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

IVAN

I am thrilled to be part of your journey East

Rest up, b/c it's gonna be a reverborating blast

GOOD LUCK with the CD.......

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

This is really exciting. I've been anxiously awaiting this album since, well, the first time I saw the Madeira in '06. They played "The Saracen" in SF too and I was totally floored. That song kills! Relentless driving rhythm and flashy guitar work over a great melody. I've listened to it quite a few times already. I've found "Undercurrents" to be really enjoyable too... I've mostly been listening to it to calm me down after getting all fired up by "The Saracen" :twisted:.

I'm really looking forward to hearing the rest of this album, Ivan! Congrats on finally getting it released!

DOH!!!!

I'm so damn excited , I just crapped my pants!!!! Duh

Gotta go....

Bob

Bob

I'm bummed; no Philadelphia show scheduled for the east coast tour. I guess I'll have to order my copy...

OTTO's is under 2 hours from PHILADELPHIA

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Philadelphia+PA/538+E+14th+St+New+York+NY+10009-3347/

and ASBURY PARK is only 1 + 1/2 hours from PHILADELPHIA

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Philadelphia+PA/ASBURY+PARK+NJ/

cmon man, come out and hit one, if not, both shows!!

hey I plan on renting a car and driving down to ASBURY PARK from NYC on Saturday, drive back in the early morning (probably get home at 5 am!), and rest up for the show at OTTO's the next day

this is a rare treat, some amazing bands coming through.......

GO FOR IT

the traveling bands could use the local support

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

Yeah what Freddie Said.

I go to San Diego from OC sometimes and that can be a 2 hour plus drive
sometimes.

If I were you, I'd do it man,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks, again, everybody! Ben, glad to hear you approve of the recording given how much you loved it live! I was thinking about you when recording it - it had to be good enough! Bob, I hope you've had a chance to clean up - definitely more fun to listen to the songs dry. Wink Freddie, we're really looking forward to the NY show - that'll be a great time! thanks for setting that up. And finally, Tommy, hope to see you in Asbury - hell, I WISH I only had to drive an hour and half to see a surf show! It's usually at the very least two hours for me.

Thanks!
Ivan

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Ray Dukes is coming from the Philly area.

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

I'm gonna try to make this happen. I actually live in Delaware, about 45 minutes to an hour from most Philly venues, and an additional hour to Asbury Park, but opportunities like this are rare. It's a great bill, so I'm gonna work hard on getting there. I was thinking about the D.C. show, but that's like three hours from where I live, too, and Jersey's just a bit more accessible for me. I'll keep you updated!

IvanP
Ben, glad to hear you approve of the recording given how much you loved it live! I was thinking about you when recording it - it had to be good enough!

Awesome!! I'm truly honoured, Ivan. Well, if you need my approval you definitely earned it. Laughing

GO FOR IT TOMMY!!

Unsteady Freddie

This is the soundtrack for summer 2008!!!

Great news - The Madeira got their shipment of CD's today, so they will definitely have this new release for sale during their east coast tour this weekend (Friday - Sunday). We'll have them available at www.dblcrown.com starting May 27th (next Tuesday). However, if you're a member of the Double Crown Music Club we'll start shipping those out this Friday. If you'd like to join the Double Crown Music Club (4 consecutive releases for $35 US / $40 Canada $45 Rest of the World) e-mail me at records@dblcrown.com or PM me. You can start with our new Bonney & Buzz CD, our new Penetrators DVD or the new Madeira CD.

Sean
Double Crown Records
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Surf CD's / Vinyl / Fanzines / DVD's
The Desolate Coast - Without A Planet CD
Hipbone Slim aka Sir Bald - Wiggin' Out With CD
Continental Magazine - Issue #36 w/21 Song CD

Hey Ivan & Skeeter,

There are 4 of us planning to show up in DC from Richmond.

Been looking forward to this deal.

Anyone else from VA going to the DC show?

Woody D
S3 #148
Henrico Va

woodz-dog
There are 4 of us planning to show up in DC from Richmond.Been looking forward to this deal.

Woody, awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing you again - thanks in advance for making the trek!

TWO DAYS to go! Wow! And we got the CDs in time! What a relief.... Cool

We'll see three places - and we'll rawk them all! Very Happy

Till this weekend...

Ivan

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

knock 'em dead Ivan! Thumbs Up