Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
329 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
176 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
123 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Zak has left the building

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

This thread was created because people keep asking me about Zak. We did have another thread about this subject, sort of, but it got deleted in an angry moment by myself. Embarassed

So here is the offical closure thread.

Why did he leave? You'll have to ask him. The explanation he gave me was long, but in a nutshell he decided he was spending too much time on the internet engaging in fruitless debates.

But he isn't really gone. He is still dropping by our IRC chat server (and why aren't you, dear reader? - here are the instructions) and answering PM's. Personally, I'm hoping he's just taking time off.

Also look out for the new Treblemakers album in the not too distant future. I understand they are mixing it.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

zak's that and that's zak... love this guy a very passionate musician and very knowledgeable guitar and amp voice here on surfguitar101.. i will miss his debates with jake and i will miss his take no prisoners no BS posts...brilliant....luv ya and you will be missed..........................:)(:

Facebook pages theSupertones
or @ Timothy C Sullivan

The reason I initially joined this forum was to learn more about the genre and the related gear/technical aspects associated with it. I learned alot from Zak's posts and will miss them. I hope he returns.

CUTBACK

I wanna see the thread that got deleted.
damn, one of the downsides of not working at a desk all day.
sometimes I miss stuff, while I am out working.

Zak,
hope to see you back sometime,
will miss ya.

Jeff(btd)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Ditto all that- come back for a triumphant return some day, we aren't getting enough sarcasm in our diet.

Mike
http://www.youtube.com/morphballio

You don't miss your water until the well runs dry.

The Exotics 1994-Current
The Chickenshack - www.wmse.org
www.thedoghouseflowers.com
www.uptownsavages.com

We'll miss your contributions Zak. ROTFL

They all come back....

I wanna play just like him when i grow up...

Yeah, I was just about to ask him to please PM me if he saw any good eBay deals on Valco/Supro/Gretsch/Harmony amps w/ 15" speakers.

I need another amp like a hole in my head, but his postings on this subject were always informative.

Time off in peace, Zak.

I heard he is taking time off to be a guitar tech for setzer.. sounds like a good gig for him.. maybe some bigger hair in the future? Smile

In the spirit of Zak, somebody should buy this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-AIRLINE-Tube-Amp-Head-9171A-2-in-1-EXC-COND_W0QQitemZ130334380411QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e5888d17b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Awesome amp.

Jake, don't you go and leave too!!

You are all stuck with me.

JakeDobner
In the spirit of Zak, somebody should buy this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-AIRLINE-Tube-Amp-Head-9171A-2-in-1-EXC-COND_W0QQitemZ130334380411QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e5888d17b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Awesome amp.

That looks very cool, anybody out there ever play through one????

www.myspace.com/thethunderheads

I own one. Amazing amp. About as loud as a Bassman except cleaner. It has a clean sustain the behaves a little like distortion but sounds clean.

Pretty decent onboard reverb and amazing Trem. The amp is really huge sounding, just sounds much fuller than a blackface fender.

Great reviews on that amp also... wish i could justify another amp.. but not being able to play guitar, its silly to keep getting gear i dont need:)

Zak,,,,,, like a strong cup of coffee is an acquired taste.
Once acquired it is missed when not available, but not usually necessary for survival.
Hanging around on the web can be very unhealthy for a young man. One need to get out and experience the real life.

Besides,,,lurk mode is a good place sometimes.

Joel

Last edited: Oct 03, 2009 00:41:50

Hell, I'd pay him to come back!!
And if Jake leaves, I'm selling my p.c. and spending more quality time with my dwindling gear (musical gear that is..)

Joelman
Zak,,,,,, like a strong cup of coffee is an aquired taste.
Once aquired it is missed when not avaliable, but not usually nessessary for survival.
Hanging around on the web can be very unhealthy for a young man. One need to get out and experience the real life.

Besides,,,lurk mode is a good place sometimes. Wink

Joel

Why would anyone need to acquire a taste for intelligence and wit, and how could anyone survive without it? I have no doubt Zak has not given up the web, there are many other sites besides this one and it is absurd to think of him "lurking" and not participating...that isn't his style. I never saw him post anything with 3 misspellings.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next