Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink The Madeira in Italy

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

Great pics. Both my parents were born in Italy and I've been there several times. Brings back tons of good memories. Thanks for sharing those, Ivan.

CUTBACK

Looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pics.

The Volcanos

The Wet-Tones didn't play anything from their amazingly awesome CD Mucho Reverbo? What?

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

cool photos
Smile

(defunct) Thee Jaguar Sharks

Plus! Other stuff not surf: https://soundcloud.com/jamesmileshq
Enjoy every minute

Thanks for the nice words, everybody! It was indeed an incredible experience and we had a fantastic time. I don't have any photos from one of the shows which was a bit special, which is a shame. Our fifth show (out of six) was for the big citywide festival called Notte Bianca (White Night) in Livorno (with the Wadadli Riders playing earlier that night) on one of the open-air squares near the Ligurian Sea. Lorenzo's brother Lucca, an extremely talented musician AND a nice guy (both definitely run in the family!) plays in a bunch of different bands, including the Wadadli Riders and the Pipelines, and that night his newest band, a Pink Floyd tribute band, had their debut show, playing right after us and headlining the night's festivities. There were a lot of people there, including a large hippie contingent, creating a cloud of weed smoke engulfing everyone in the audience (I guess it's no wonder we had such a good time!). I'm not a huge Floyd fan, but these guys were really great and they nailed the music, which was remarkable given that I think they only had a few practices together.

Anyway, it was a very good night (with yet again perfect weather), and Niki told us later that she saw a news report on the entire festival on the local TV station, and apparently they showed a 10-second (or something like that) clip of us playing - so, now we can say we've been on Italian TV! How freakin' cool is that???

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Ralf Kilauea just posted this photo on their myspace site, and I've been laughing at it all day. It was taken at lunch on the Sunday (final day) of Surfer Joe fest, with the Kilaueas, Los Twang! Marvels and the Madeira.

Ralf and Patrick are - for some forgotten reason - pretending to be zombies (Dane claims it's because he invented a German word right before that picture was taken: "Zombielisch" - being of zombie nature):

Enjoy! Very Happy

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Zombielischious! Razz

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3