Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SG101 Podcast »

Permalink Episode #4 Now Available!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

sorry Sad

Jeff(bigtikidude)

i just downloaded this podcast.

only way i can describe it is Awesome!

keep them coming please!

Love the podcast as well. One question.....I don't know what is involved in doing so, but could you make it an enhanced podcast? (like Coconut Wired, but not necessarily with the artwork) Sometimes it's hard for me to keep track of what is playing, plus I like to go back & listen to tracks I really like.

Even if you don't, keep 'em coming!!!!! (maybe a little faster, please???? Very Happy )

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

I don't know what you're looking for exactly. Do you mean each song is separated somehow? Do you know we post the song list in the description and on the podcast thread too?

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Enhanced podcasts have...tabs set up for each song. I don't know how to explain it exactly. I know on the ones I've seen, when you hit skip (forward or back) it doesn't go to the end of the episode it goes to the next song in line. It also can show the title & artist above the time/volume bar on the screen.

I know the lists are there...I just have to remember where in the podcast I heard the song.

(really, I'm not being lazy or <u>definitely not complaining</u>.......just a really cool feature I've seen on other 'casts)

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

I noticed that Chongolio's podcasts are in .m4a format. I wonder if that format supports those features. I'll do some research on that and maybe contact Chongolio.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

His podcasts are what I'm talking about. You can go back & forth within them to find separate songs. If you click the center wheel, the title will scroll above the time bar as well.

Will

The Luau Cinders

One of our concerns on our particular podcast has been protecting the artist's and publishing rights. When the songs are strung together and overlap a bit, it's prohibits most people from keeping the individual song. Our goal is not to give away free music, it's to educate people to the range of what we call instrumental surf music. Hopefully if you like the song, you'll go out and buy it.

Danny Snyder

_

It just makes it easier to skip to certain tracks in a portable music player. It doesn't make it harder or easier to rip out the track.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Oh. Ok then.

Danny Snyder

_

You can actually still have a bit of overlap. Basically all it does is advance you to a certain time in the podcast. I like it because I can skip over songs I might not like as much, or find ones I really want to hear, without having to scroll through the timeline. (less time with eyes off the road, as I tend to listen mostly in the car)

To be honest, if you just wanted to section out the interview, that would be a help. (Not that I don't enjoy them, but after the third or fourth listen I'm answering the questions for them)

Will

The Luau Cinders

I'm listening to this now ~ great stuff! Thank you.

(defunct) Thee Jaguar Sharks

Plus! Other stuff not surf: https://soundcloud.com/jamesmileshq
Enjoy every minute

Downloading it now. I'm interested in anything The Madeira has to say and will be at their spring show in Indianapolis.

Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll - I eat reverb for breakfast!

Fenderus Collecticus
Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

I'm really enjoying all these podcasts.

The Pacifics - The Big Beat from Dublin

Evil Sons - Wild Two-Piece Trash

IvanP
Seriously, GREAT choice of songs, and excellent job again by Lady Reverb! I'm really starting to get used - or maybe the word addicted would be more accurate - to her voice and manner. I very much hope the podcasts keep coming at a regular clip. Thanks so much for doing the interview, Danny - and excellent editing job!

You guys are so awesome. This is all so killer!!! Thank you. Lady Reverb, you do such an great job!!! Really enjoy every second of all the podcast but had to comment on 4 today. Such a funny commentary about Jim Massina...hahahahaha...couldnt agree more! Absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!

John Bishop
http://www.reverbnation.com/surfbound

Goto Page: Previous 1 2