Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Music Reviews »

Permalink Latest surf or instro related record you got?

Goto Page: Previous 1 27 8 9 10 11118 119 Next

Volcanos-SurfQuake and Finish Line Fever-Yeaha!

and an original 60's red wax Japanese 45' EP with Diamond Head, Pipeline, Walk Don't Run and Slaughter on 10th Avenue.

Oh, wait... The Ventures aren't a surf band

Vinyl really does it for me! Wink

With Vigor!

I just got the Bitch Boys' "Ride the First Wave." Damnit, those guys are so impressive. Everything about their gear and sound and energy and playing style are almost like a surf charicature, but not in a bad way at all. That album is totally sweet.

Good scores guys, especially Klas,
I'm pretty sure that is almost impossible to get nowa days.
I have the 2nd one on vinyl, and just recently when I bought a guys collection of 500 surf cds, he had a bunch of stuff that had been transfered from vinyl to cdr, and the artwork all shrunk down.
one of the cdrs was Sleezy surf 1 and 2 together( nice)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I got the New Glasgow Tiki Shakers cd "In Venice"
hot off the press, from the Man Bill McGlynn himself. Thanks Bill.
I think they have them for sale on cd baby???
This is a killer cd, I recomend everybody check it out.
Bill and the gand are super smooth and very talented musicians.

Also got all 4 cd's by the Haloe Cats the new surf one called Kilawaimea, very very good, in a Blue Hawiians kinda way.
Swanky stuff, puts me in a mellow mood , of course the Rum drinks help.

the 2 hawaiin style ones, and there swing one.
all great stuff.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006 19:12:47

I just got:
The Glasgow Tiki Shakers', "In Venice",
Shig & Buzz's "Sonic Traveller",
Martin Schmidt's "The Incredible Sounds of Mr. Smith", and
The Aqua Velvets' "BackFlip Louie & the Pool Party Pagans"
from CD Baby. I just opened the box, and haven't yet had
the pleasure of listening to any of them yet ... Sad

Bob S.

Bob

bigtikidude
I have the 2nd one on vinyl ...

I believe the 2nd volume of Sleazy Surf is the rarer of the two. I've only seen it once on eBay while vol. 1 has popped up at least 3 times during the last year. I've bid on it every time and finally managed to win it.

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Klas

bigtikidude
I have the 2nd one on vinyl ...

I believe the 2nd volume of Sleazy Surf is the rarer of the two. I've only seen it once on eBay while vol. 1 has popped up at least 3 times during the last year. I've bid on it every time and finally managed to win it.

that may be true, but I never go on ebay.
When I bought SS vol 2 I got it from Deke and he still had some.
But Vol 1 had been sold out for years.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

outsides
and an original 60's red wax Japanese 45' EP with Diamond Head, Pipeline, Walk Don't Run and Slaughter on 10th Avenue.

Oh, wait... The Ventures aren't a surf band

No worries since the thread is about "surf/instro albums" which means surf music AND related instro music like the Ventures. Or Duane Eddy:

Recently got these 3 CDs which were much more interesting then I first thought. Previously I was mainly familiar with his earlier late 50s hit recordings which I've always thought were a little bit boring although not bad in any way. The 1962-65 recordings above are mostly more fun I think, including nice girl group type background singing on the 'Twangsville / Twangin' Up A Storm' CD and some crazy fuzz guitar combined with his trademark twang on the 'Duane Does Dylan' album.

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

I just got Link Wray & The Wraymen, along with the best of Saint Saens. Two very different, very good instrumental albums!

I bought my first instro album in a long time today. I got The Penetrators and Space Cossacks split 7". I really want to buy the Madeira EP soon. I have a vacation coming up though.

david arnson just sent me a copy of the insect surfers live. i've had it in the car cd player constantly the last few days. it's really quite good.

www.surfintheeye.com

since last post five or so months ago:

... and I 'll soon have to repurchase this one

'cause I gave the one I had away to my neighbour the other day, when I found out he played drums in a Klezmer band.

WR

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Paul Johnson and Gil Orr on guitars, no drums or bass. Tons of classic Fender tone (though light on the reverb) and great arrangements of their old surf songs. The CD also includes a couple Ventures covers and even a couple bluesy/jazzy/countryish songs like a cover of Little Wing.

My jam buddy and I are having a blast figuring out these songs and it also makes great background music at work. I've also noticed that this CD seems to be a good one for introducing other newbs to surf.

Don

It's been two weeks since the last post here, so someone's probably gotten something cool since then. As for me ...

Plus the newest Kileauas album, the Eliminators' "Unleashed" and the Duo-Tones album in the post directly above.

-Warren

That was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it.

The Aquasonics - Play Songs For The Surfin' Set!

Great sound, great layout.

in the mail today:

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

WR
in the mail today:

How is that album, WR? I've been meaning to check Richie Allen out for some time now.

I can't remember if I posted it or not, but I got the New Ghastly Ones cd afew weeks back at the Tiki Invasion drive in event.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Recently picked up Phantom Frank, Meshugga Beach Party (very cool), the new Ghastly Ones cd, Madeira Ruins, Nebulas S/T, and the Aquasonics debut cd is on the way Smile

Shawn Martin
http://www.drummerman.net
http://www.youtube.com/GKacedrummerman
http://www.facebook.com/drumuitar

Just Picked up The Sentinals "Big Surf! / Surfer Girl" Double LP. I figured that was long overdue to be in my collection.

Goto Page: Previous 1 27 8 9 10 11118 119 Next