Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Dick Dale Health News

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

kenposurf
I like the idea of putting together a selection of covers of DD tunes for him....I think it might be a problem to send him all the mp3's...when I wanted to send him an advance of our last cd via mp3's he told me that the files might be too large and his server (I believe) might not let them through. If someone here could burn the tracks to a cd we could mail to him. We would love to add a track as long as it's just the one copy for Dick and those involved. We have two studio tracks and several live tracks to pick from...

I too would like to contribute a DD tune to this if we decide to move ahead with it.

We would definitely need to create a a few CDs for Dick (and his family and entourage)...ship them out by mail.

-dp

I think this is a fantastic idea.

It's a great idea and The TakeOffs would be honored to be a part of this. We do "Surf Beat".

http://www.myspace.com/thetakeoffs

The TakeOffs
"Kauai's Only All-Instrumental Surf Band"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-TakeOffs/312866840587

be careful - he might sue to offset his medical expenses

TFJ
be careful - he might sue to offset his medical expenses

he might...

but seriously any updates?

worryingly,

marco

Check out the 'Get Well For DD' thread...

thanks!

UPDATE ON DICK DALE...

Dick is currently being effected by chemo, radiation and pain management slowing him way down. His pain has been unbearable requiring prescription medication so he can rest comfortably. Only 8 more treatments with chemo & radiation, then 6 weeks rest, then surgery to remove the tumor. He is not responding to email at this time and limiting the phone calls he answers. He is having trouble with concentration and very low energy, so he's catering to those needs. He is determined to remain upbeat and maintain a positive attitude despite all this. He told me he's as ok as he can be given the set of circumstances he's dealing with...PLEASE KEEP THE PRAYERS GOING... Sad

I'm a lover not a fighter, a hugger not a handshaker and I take friendships very seriously...Love the life you live, live the life you love. Cool

please pass along our individual and collective deep-felt good wishes

and a very, very very soft, spiritual hug

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

UnsteadyFreddie
please pass along our individual and collective deep-felt good wishes

and a very, very very soft, spiritual hug

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

I'll pass that along when I call Dick in a few days. It's been tough not talking to him or being with him everyday and wishing I could do something for him. I guess the best thing I can do is let him rest, be patient and pray...

A spiritual hug back to you my friend, I know this week has been a rough one...Take care and God bless...Linda

I'm a lover not a fighter, a hugger not a handshaker and I take friendships very seriously...Love the life you live, live the life you love. Cool

Yes Linda, it has been a 'rough' week, as you say...

I am just walking in from my SURF-ROCK SHINDIG and the place was packed to the rafters

I mention this b/c I dedicated this evening's festivities to my first cousin Howard (10 years my senior), who died suddenly early this past week (the funeral was Thursday). What made the loss so much more horrific was that he passed away ONE YEAR TO THE DAY of the passing of his younger brother ROBERT (5 years my senior). Like my Aunt didn't have enough to grieve about, and then she loses her second son on the anniversary of the passing of her other son. Let me tell you....this has been intense pain for all of us...family, friends, his students (Howard was a scholar of many languages).

Thanks Linda for being there for me during the week as I struggled with this. It's 4 am in NYC (the last band finished playing at 315 am!), and I gotta get up in a few hours to make a train to Long Island to comfort my Aunt.

It's about showing up for life. And let me add this: I thank God for another day, straight out; and what is so wonderful is that if I put on some surf music, I feel so so so much better. Remarkable.

Peace/tranquility
UNSTEADY FREDDIE

dragonfly
UPDATE ON DICK DALE...

Dick is currently being effected by chemo, radiation and pain management slowing him way down. His pain has been unbearable requiring prescription medication so he can rest comfortably. Only 8 more treatments with chemo & radiation, then 6 weeks rest, then surgery to remove the tumor. He is not responding to email at this time and limiting the phone calls he answers. He is having trouble with concentration and very low energy, so he's catering to those needs. He is determined to remain upbeat and maintain a positive attitude despite all this. He told me he's as ok as he can be given the set of circumstances he's dealing with...PLEASE KEEP THE PRAYERS GOING... Sad

...Poor guy. I bet they are giving him neulasta shots on top of all the awful stuff. Those destroyed me. I completely empathize with Dick right now. I couldn't get down the stairs at times. I ended up wearing a hole in the sheets on my bed. Kind of embarrassing.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family Freddie.

Freddie...my condolences...remember the good things...

www.northofmalibu.com

DGG, KENPOSURF (and Linda)

thx, bless U for that

just back from my Aunt's house

I cannot understand how she is able to stand up, let alone function at all

anyway, Superbowl Kickoff just underway

(Go Giants!)

thx y'all

UNSTEADY F.

Well Freddie and others I found my strength in my best buddy Dick's love for me and God giving me the ability to express myself thru poetry. I also realize my son Scotty gave his life for the good or the whole so that we may understand life on a greater scale. If a 22 year old can face death headon and accept it for what's it worth who are we to give up when things get rough. The way I look at it Scotty is not suffering nor in pain anymore. Doesn't mean I don't miss him terribly but I know he gave his all and continues to reach out to others from where he sits. Dick and Scotty taught me more about life and living it positively than any one else on the face of this earth. Although you never stop missing them and loving them in time you remember only the good times and the burden becomes a bit more managable. Being involved with surf music and those associated with it has been a tremendous help as well. Long live surf music and the wonderful souls who have befriended me.

As for Dick I talked to him Tues on his way home from chemo & radiation. He was trying desperately to get comfortable and laid down to ease the pain but wasn't having much luck. He did sound a bit better than the last time we spoke and is counting down the treatments he has left...He has 4 more to go till he rests and awaits the 6 weeks till surgery. As always he remains upbeat and positive but is still having trouble concentrating so he's not answering emails and limiting answering phone calls in order to get thru this.

hey Linda

hope the Birthday Tribute show is a blast!

as I get ready to head to Texas, know that my spirit will be there for U

also, was wondering if U could update us on DICK's condition?

GODSPEED to the KING OF THE SURF GUITAR

peace, thxxxx

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

I just happened to surf by http://www.dickdale.com/ and noticed this update:

I want to personally thank all of you from my heart for your heartfelt thoughts, your prayers and your support with your letters and your calls.

It has been an interesting road of 6 weeks monday thru friday every day being hit with 3 jolts of radiation and chemotherapy.

I elected not take medicated drugs during this venture and the road of pain was an interesting one.

I then rested for 6 weeks to be ready for the operation and Dr. Gary Hoffman and his 2 fellow surgeons at Cedars of Sinai hospital in Beverly Hills, Ca. endured a 6 hour operation with me.

I have been healing since April 4, 2008 and I am now preparing for another testing before i go into the hospital September 5, 2008 for reconstructive surgery by Dr. Gary Hoffman.

You have asking in your letters and calls my status and i felt it was now time to share with you as you have shared with me.

I am still looking down at the grass and not looking up at the dirt.....ha

I will see you all in 2009

I thank you from the depths of my heart....

keep smiling

dick dale -- 8/13/2008

Sounds promising.

I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.

This post has been removed by the author.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009 23:21:33

Thanks for the update Planish and for bringing DD to our attention - and Zak - you are just a very naughty boy!

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next