Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink New Pedal Coming in the Mail.

Page 1 of 1

Earthquaker Devices Organizer - Weird as hell. Super excited to try this one out. I've got a soft spot for earthquaker stuff, and when I began to realize that the pitch shifter I had was too much for my needs, I decided to give this one a shot. Hopefully it's as cool as it seems, albeit hard to use well in a musical situation.

Anyone else ever try one of these?

IMO.

I'm really into my POG2, and this seems just like a POG so I'm sure it is going to be awesome for ya.

I just bought a JHS Colour Box, VERY excited to give that thing a try.

Yeah!

I had the pitchfork until recently. Really liked it, but I'm vain and it's just about the ugliest pedal out there. Also, for the ambient stuff I do, the organizer just has more warmth and a super unique warbly character.

I've heard good things about the colour box! They seem pretty cool, if not a bit gimmicky.

But then again, I just bought an organ emulator. So maybe gimmicky is not for me to say. Big Grin

IMO.

What I'm really hoping for on the Colour Box is a couple things.

1.) I run direct a lot, so I'm hoping to use this as a pre-amp. For vocals, bass, and guitar.

2.) The fuzz sounds... oh man... And the overdrive sounds like Klon territory.

3.) Getting the sound of Spoon's Gimme Fiction. Wouldn't mind that. Not as much for exact tonal recreation, but I'm hoping to find something that just gives a lot of space.

Yeah, it sounds like it should be awesome. I've got a custom JHS superbolt clone with tremolo coming in soon, hoping to get a nice light overdrive out of that.

I picked up a Fairfield Accountant comp recently for similar uses to what you're using the colour box for, processing all sorts of tracks.

Works great so far.

IMO.

Organizer came! Sounds quite cheesy in all the best ways.

IMO.

Page 1 of 1