Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Save the Vaquita! Petition to save last 97 of world's smallest dolphin in Baja

Page 1 of 1

Dave named a beautiful song the Insect Surfers play after these delightful creatures and I hope it's not their epitaph. I thought it would not be inappropriate to share my concern with all you on the SG101 forum.

I really love the Insects' implicit environmentalism, esp when they play with projections of sea creatures behind them – it heightens the beauty of the music by association with the perfection and complexity of nature. Please take a moment to help defend the last of these vulnerable beauties that are dying in the Gulf of California, simply because local fishermen are unmotivated to avoid killing them by accident.

There are only 97 vaquita left — it's urgent that we spread the word to save this species from becoming extinct.

Please help us increase pressure on the Obama administration to protect the endangered vaquita by asking a friend to sign the petition too.

Click to post the petition on Facebook to share with your network and send an email asking your friends and family to support the cause.

Here's a quick message you can copy and send to rally support:

Hi -

In an effort to catch the totoaba fish for its profitable fish bladder, fishermen are also trapping and killing the critically endangered vaquita porpoise. With only 97 left, the vaquita porpoise remains one of the world's most endangered species.

While it is illegal to catch the totoaba, there is an increasing market, as a single totoaba bladder can sell for $14,000. However, without further protection, the vaquita porpoise is expected to become extinct by 2018!

I just signed an urgent petition telling the Obama administration to protect the endangered vaquita from illegal fishing. Will you help by signing it too?
Here's a link to the petition

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for spreading the word,

Roseanne C.
The Care2 Petitions Team c

Squink Out!

I think you created another thread about this a while back:

http://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/24606/

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Thanks for pointing out the redundancy of the topic, O Moderate One. The old thread has that great pic of the little beast too.
But any links on that thread would be dead by now and this is a new petition with different language. Same endangered dolphin, but new campaign effort to save it from extinction.

Squink Out!

Well you could have reused the existing thread. Are you going to create a new thread for every campaign for this cause?

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

geez, sorry. Uh-Oh i forgot about the old one. Sigh

Squink Out!

Page 1 of 1