Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Ran across this vid of Marty T tearin' up "Yellowjacket". Yes!

Page 1 of 1

http://youtu.be/XZcrZ9IHr9w

Be careful following the masses. Sometimes the "M" is silent...........................

Go Marty, go! That's a fun song, especially when someone can tear it up like Marty does in this video.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

I have an acquaintance here in Michigan who completely by accident happened to be at this show, while vacationing with his family in SoCal! He still brings it up every time we see each other - he absolutely loved it! And he even remembers all the players in the band by name - impressive. So, are the Surf Rockets now kaput?

Fantastic job not only by Marty, but by all involved!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

That's great to hear Ivan! Thanks for that! It's kind of funny how 3 bands kind of fizzled simultaneously. Rob Woolsey and I, were in all 3, The Surf Rockets, The Detonators, and The Men of Mystery. It was a busy time. All of a sudden, Marty Tippens had to leave the bands. (Went back to College). That put a screeching halt to Surf Rockets, and Men of Mystery, then Ted Thompson had a beautiful baby girl, and he quit The Detonators. All 3 bands just went POOF! Gone! Then out of nowhere Mike Nisito, bass player from BANNED from the BEACH, called Rob and myself and hinted around about a BFTB re-union after a 10 year hiatus, and boom, here we are. ;D

\

Be careful following the masses. Sometimes the "M" is silent...........................

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014 00:17:57

Hey, my ears were burning! Thanks for dusting that one off, Billy (I'll get the check out to you in the morning) and for the nice words, Ivan and Noel. Billy, you and Rob were the real heart of that group and it's great to see you guys tearin' it up with Banned from the Beach. -Marty

"Hello Girls!"

Hey Marty, you're a great guitar player for a drummer... OR .. are you are great drummer for a guitar player?

Hey, what am I, chopped liver ?

You funny guy, Doug!...as well as ace all around musician. In celebrating the Billy and Rob pairing that has existed for almost two decades now, I wasn't casting you among the cold cuts. I look forward to seeing Neptune Cocktail soon, the demos sound great! -Marty

"Hello Girls!"

Hey Martin, to your question, I can say with certainty that there's nothing like a great singer and I'm nothing like a great singer! Hope I get the chance to see you perform again soon. -Marty

"Hello Girls!"

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014 15:40:02

I greatly enjoyed that. Nice job!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Great job Marty and I dig the Rock Around the Clock reference in solo!!!

Oh yes. By the way. I found this very, very, educational yoga video while viewing Marty's video. Oh yes. Very educational. I think I found our new Surf-a-go-go-dancer for the stage. ;D
http://youtu.be/d2j5kjoXDB8

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014 21:43:10

Page 1 of 1