Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink V/A - Double Crown Surf Party Cassette Out Now!

Page 1 of 1

Get ready to dance, shimmy and shake to the summer sounds of Double Crown Records! We've released our very first cassette tape, packed with surf tunes from all over the world - some of our greatest tunes of the past, mixed with a few rarities and even a tune from an upcoming Double Crown CD release by The Shockwave!

Tracks: (Frankie & The Poolboys) Skinny Dippin - (The Surfites) Comet's Tail - (The Concussions) Wray Conniff - (Burt Rocket) Mr Motor - (Boss Fink) The 5th Horseman - (The Madeira) Undercurrents: Rough Mix - (The Boss Martians) Highball At Hatty's - (The Mobsmen) Mobsmen Blues - (The Volcanics) Del Ray - (The Shockwave) Golden Gambler - (The Beechwoods) Watusi At Night

V/A - Double Crown Surf Party Cassette - DCCS57 - $6.75 (Click To Order!)

Sean
Double Crown Records
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Surf CD's / Vinyl / Fanzines / DVD's
The Desolate Coast - Without A Planet CD
Hipbone Slim aka Sir Bald - Wiggin' Out With CD
Continental Magazine - Issue #36 w/21 Song CD

Sean, yer such a hipster.
Hahaha!
Well good thing I still have a working cassette deck.
I can play it into my CD burner.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Wow, wait a tape??? I have a tape player in my woodie, this is good news because I have no way to make a tape from a disk anymore. This makes my day Yes we truly are retro, any plans for an 8 track?

hell, how bout a 4 track or even reel to reel?
Wink

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I have no idea if anyone makes 8 tracks anymore - those might be a bit too retro. But cassettes are making kind of a mini-resurgence. This one was a lot of fun to put together - if enough people like it perhaps we'll do more in the future.

Sean
Double Crown Records

Not that I want a MP3 of it,
but will there be a download of the songs on the cassette for people that want to buy that?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Nope - we're going full-on hipster with this - there were no MP3's back in the heyday of cassettes, so there won't be an MP3 version of this.

bigtikidude wrote:

Not that I want a MP3 of it,
but will there be a download of the songs on the cassette for people that want to buy that?

Sean
Double Crown Records

Haha! This is a funny idea.
Get it at the SG101.
11 songs on it? This is not a C90 cassette?
Would be even nice with about 30 songs on it.

Twang cheers!

Ralf Kilauea

www.kilaueas.de

https://kilaueas.bandcamp.com/album/touch-my-alien

What? No more discussion of this? This thing is SUPER COOL!!! C'mon--just the fact that Sean had the balls to pull this off should be commended and supported! A Surf cassette in an age when CDs, vinyl or MP3s barely sell? Crazy, genius and just plain die-hard! Love it!

Seriously, just check out the track listing...rarities you can only get here and a Shockwave preview! Go find that old Walkman at the bottom of the junk drawer, throw in some new batteries and GO!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

My wife and I still have some old school rave tapes. So she has a tape player in the living room so she can listen when she cleans/cooks. I popped in that new surf tape and it really does rock!

Sean rules!

We have cassette players in the Master Studio at KFJC. It's so hard to cue tracks on a tape! BUT I will get up my nerve to play this soon on the Reverb Hour, maybe tomorrow night.

One of the coolest things about cassettes is that they are CHEAP! Guitars also sound good on tape.

Squink Out!

Double-Crown-Records wrote:

JONPAUL wrote:

What? No more discussion of this? This thing is SUPER COOL!!! C'mon--just the fact that Sean had the balls to pull this off should be commended and supported! A Surf cassette in an age when CDs, vinyl or MP3s barely sell? Crazy, genius and just plain die-hard! Love it!

Seriously, just check out the track listing...rarities you can only get here and a Shockwave preview! Go find that old Walkman at the bottom of the junk drawer, throw in some new batteries and GO!

yeah! I'm totally agree with Jonpaul, Sean has been a great idea to put out a cassette, this is really fantastic for me.

I can't wait to have my copy

Very well Sean!

Massimo Pafumi
Jaguar & The Savanas facebook
Jaguar & The Savanas web

Last edited: Sep 07, 2014 05:02:20

I agree, this is a fun thing to do. I got a reel-to-reel tape recorder a few years back and am now looking forward to get some new releases for that machine ;-).

El Twitter
El Ray
El Ray on Bandcamp
El Twang on YouTube

Last edited: Sep 07, 2014 05:11:31

incredible
That quality of sound is really fantastic!!!!!!!!
go on Sean

Massimo Pafumi
Jaguar & The Savanas facebook
Jaguar & The Savanas web

Page 1 of 1