Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink WTB: 59 Fender Jazzmaster (Thin Skin)

Page 1 of 1

Hey guys. Been visiting this site since last year, and have learned alot. Decided today to become a member and try and track down a rare bird.

In January i sold my 64 Jazzmaster to pay for some College classes, and i'm at a point now where i need to get a Jazzmaster back in my lineup.

I'm specifically looking for a 59 Fender 'Thin Skin' Jazzmaster in blonde, with gold anodized pickguard. Hard to find. Been looking since May.

Would literally make my year if i could track one down. Feel free to PM me, or even give me a call if you have one. I'M A SERIOUS BUYER, whos tired of trying to play Surf on my Esquire.

Thanks a ton, here's a pic of the exact guitar i'm looking for. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jake
918-724-3340

Are you willing to pay $2500? I think that is about where these are going for. Dealers seem to be getting $2000 for regular thin skin Jazzmasters. I'll let my buddies(Guitar brokers, essentially) know that somebody here is looking for one.

I know you can score a sunburst '59 Thin Skin for cheap($1700...)! Nobody wants those ugly monstrosities.

FYI, I bought a refin '59 for $3000(technically, traded) a few months ago. So you should definitely look at refin vintage jazzmasters. As long as the neck isn't refinished...

JakeDobner wrote:

Are you willing to pay $2500? I think that is about where these are going for. Dealers seem to be getting $2000 for regular thin skin Jazzmasters. I'll let my buddies(Guitar brokers, essentially) know that somebody here is looking for one.

I know you can score a sunburst '59 Thin Skin for cheap($1700...)! Nobody wants those ugly monstrosities.

FYI, I bought a refin '59 for $3000(technically, traded) a few months ago. So you should definitely look at refin vintage jazzmasters. As long as the neck isn't refinished...

Hi Jake,

I would be reluctant to spend $2500 for one. $2000 would be an easier pill to swallow. Like you said, refin projects aren't much more than that.

My dad has a 58, and a 60 that i play on occasion but i wouldn't want to take either out of the house for a show, or practice etc. My problem (if i should call it that) is, i'm surrounded by his collection of 50's guitars and i'm looking for something newer to not have to worry about (so much).

The blonde 59 reissue is GORGEOUS. Love the look. A sunburst one isn't as pretty, but are you seeing any of them showing up as of late?

Thanks very much.

Jake

Yeah, I've seen some sunbursts recently, one just went on ebay for $1900. Haven't seen a blonde in six months or so.

I've got a '59 and '60! A friend use to own a '58 and my buddy owns a '61. We got a sweet photo of all of them together. It was... geeky. Super cool that your dad has the '58.

I completely understand about owning a newer guitar. If you are after something that you don't feel bad about taking out, you should consider building a parts one. MJT, does a nice blonde finish and is really quite inexpensive. Also, the thin skin line was great and the current '65 RIs are nice. And you can still, if you luck out, find an AVRI for $1000. They are a lot of guitar for $1000, and if you do just want something to take out of the house, can't beat that.

Messaged....

This is your chance !
jazzmaster 59 ri on ebay.

http://noskons.bandcamp.com/

Last edited: Aug 05, 2014 13:08:22

Page 1 of 1