Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Composer of "Thundering Guitars"?

Page 1 of 1

Does anyone know the full name of the writer of the song "Thunderin' Guitars"? All sources list the name as J. Knettel, does anyone know what the J stands for?

Could it be Jeujene of the Jaybots? Can't find much information about them other than it looks like they're from Minnesota. Bambi Molesters do a great version of it.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014 20:56:31

Surf_Skater wrote:

Could it be Jeujene of the Jaybots? Can't find much information about them other than it looks like they're from Minnesota. Bambi Molesters do a great version of it.

JAYBOPS, I think you'll find.

Los Fantasticos

djangodeadman wrote:

Surf_Skater wrote:

JAYBOPS, I think you'll find.

So much for my spelling. Sometimes the brain and fingers don't communicate with each other.

I can't find a member list for the Jaybops - is there anyone named Knettel in the band?

Sorry for the late reply. I just found out about this page. My father in law was the guitar player for that recording. His name is Darrell Winkleman and if I remember right he was very young when that was recorded.I have his 63 hofner hollow body sitting at my house. The only other member of the band I know of was gene juzeuk (thats probably spelled wrong). They was from St. Cloud Mn. My father in law left st cloud because His family moved to Osseo Mn as a teenager and there he was in a band called the rock a tones.

Comearmageddon wrote:

Sorry for the late reply. I just found out about this page. My father in law was the guitar player for that recording. His name is Darrell Winkleman and if I remember right he was very young when that was recorded.I have his 63 hofner hollow body sitting at my house. The only other member of the band I know of was gene juzeuk (thats probably spelled wrong). They was from St. Cloud Mn. My father in law left st cloud because His family moved to Osseo Mn as a teenager and there he was in a band called the rock a tones.

Welcome to SG101 and thanks for the information! Cool
Hope you enjoy the site.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Page 1 of 1