Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink The Madeira & the Revomatics - Milwaukee Surf Cruise 2, Saturday, August 2nd! - SOLD OUT!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

Here are some blurry cell phone photos (sorry).

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I see red (guitars) ! Big Grin

Brian, thanks for the great report. Dem guys are good, eh?
Yes

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

voss wrote:

Great show last night! Chad did an excellent job filling in for Patrick and "Tangaroa" for your wife was a highlight. Hopefully the "3rd Annual Madeira Boat Cruise" will be summer of 2015. You're always welcome in Milwaukee!

Thank you very much, Voss, we really appreciate it! (Did we meet and speak in person on Saturday night?) We really love playing Milwaukee (what a beautiful city, my wife and I really fell in love with it!) and definitely hope to be back again soon, most certainly next summer for another surf cruise, which is turning into a real highlight of the summer!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Brian, thanks so very much for the great show report and of course, even more for being there! It was great to see you again, and spend time together. (Dane, Brian, Danny and I will be pretty much inseparable from Wednesday night until Monday morning, as we're all traveling in the same car for the whole Convention experience.)

Surf Cruise 2 was a total blast, and a big success! The Revomatics blew the roof off with a very muscular set mixing riffy and powerful originals with many surf classics (REALLY enjoyed Dick's Spanish Kiss in particular!) - it was a true pleasure to play with those guys! And of course, thank you VERY MUCH for organizing it all as well as promoting the heck out of it and making sure it was a big success, as well as for lending us all your gear and bringing the PA and the lights. I hope we can play together in Indy and again in Milwaukee soon. Good luck with the recording of your CD, too!

We did extremely well, I think, in no small part due to the amazing performance by Chad who certainly made Patrick proud! We very much missed Patrick and were sorry he couldn't play with us (for the first time ever), but he was having a pretty epic time of his own (check out the Five Year Mission FB page, as well as the photo below!) EVERYBODY agrees that Chad did an amazingly good job filling Patrick's gigantic shoes and we were all completely blown away by him! I would say it was a huge relief, but I didn't doubt for a moment that Chad would do a great job and make Patrick proud. What a huge talent that young man is! (I can't wait to hear Moon Base's debut, which Chad assured me is coming soon!) It really was a pleasure to get to play as well as hang out with him - he turned what could have been a disastrous experience (playing without Patrick) into a truly memorable and pleasant one. Thank you very much, Chad, for putting in that huge effort to learn the whole set and traveling quite a distance to help us out! We are forever in your debt!

The Milwaukee Surf Cruise is really turning out to be one of the best gigs we ever get to play, cruising on a boat while playing surf music is just the best (and you gotta love having a captive audience! Smile )!

Here's one pic taken by a friend of mine, and I think the Revomatics will have some more video soon. (One bummer about the whole weekend is that I lost my fairly nice camera somewhere in Milwaukee right before the show. I was hoping to have my wife take some videos and photos, but alas, it was not to be...)

Next up: Dane and I are off to SoCal for the SG101 Convention! Wow! An epic ten days! Looking forward to seeing all the SG101-ers again in just a few days!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Last edited: Aug 04, 2014 13:46:25

I was just thinking how cool it must be for Patrick to get a photo with Dick Dale and then just a short time later with William Shatner. Not to mention playing at thee Star Trek convention. He must be on cloud nine.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Yes, indeed, Brian, I was thinking the same thing! It seems like years of hard work are finally starting to pay off for him - rightly so, though it took unfairly long given his incredible musical talents!!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Last edited: Aug 04, 2014 13:57:41

Uh-oh... who's the young man on the left in the photo with Shatner? I don't like this feelin'... you know what always happens to the guy in the red shirt. Paranoid

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Ah, it's no big deal, it's only the Five Year Mission drummer.

Wink

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

We're just waiting on some video to come in from the surf cruise. I'll post the clips to our Facebook page as they become available.

Pete

www.Facebook.com/TheRevomatics
www.Reverbnation.com/therevomatics
www.TheRevomatics.com
www.Twitter.com/TheRevomatics

www.djpete.net
The Revomatics:
www.facebook.com/therevomatics

Nathanial: "Lawyers don't surf."
Bodhi: "This one does."

Just wanted to extend my utmost gratitude towards the Madeira for the honor of getting to perform with them. It was an absolute blast and dream come true. Also, thanks to the Revomatics for hosting and being wonderful both on and off stage. I can't wait to have them down for a show in ATL.

The Squares - 1995-2002
The Mystery Men? - 2012-
MOONBASE - 2012-2017
The KBK - 2017-2022
The Frigidaires 2021-
Southern Surf Stomp!

Kirk looks more like Pike there.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2