Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
171 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Boss FRV-1 63 Reverb...What I just discovered that sucks.

Page 1 of 1

For a while I was using this FRV-1 Reverb as a stand-alone pedal.
Recently I have added it to my board with my other pedals.
Here's what I discovered. When I press the cut-off pedal and cutting power, that works fine. But, after powering down the entire board and then re-powering up, the Boss pedal automatically reverts to power on which seems to be a default position. All my other pedals stay powered off if I manually select off or bypass.
Ei, the FRV-1 does not save the last position.

A lot of Boss pedals do this, but not all. When I power up my pedal board the Boss fuzz, delay and compressor power up but the tremelo does not. I've just gotten used to turning off these pedals after I power up. Someone else may know the reason Boss does this.

bbqbrisket wrote:

For a while I was using this FRV-1 Reverb as a stand-alone pedal.
Recently I have added it to my board with my other pedals.
Here's what I discovered. When I press the cut-off pedal and cutting power, that works fine. But, after powering down the entire board and then re-powering up, the Boss pedal automatically reverts to power on which seems to be a default position. All my other pedals stay powered off if I manually select off or bypass.
Ei, the FRV-1 does not save the last position.

A handful of my pedals do this as well. Nit picking... I know my EP Booster and Space Echo do it.

THE KBK ... This is the last known signal. We offer Sanctuary.

www.thekbk.com
http://www.deepeddy.net/artists/thekbk/
www.reverbnation.com/thekbk
www.facebook.com/thekbkal

killbabykill34 wrote:

A handful of my pedals do this as well. Nit picking... I know my EP Booster and Space Echo do it.

That's strange. My EP booster does not.

My Tremolo pedal does it however my FRV-1 Reverb pedal does not. I guess every pedal has a mind of its own!

Tidal Wave - Tampa Surf Rock
www.facebook.com/TidalWaveFL

[Anthropomorphic post warning]
The poor little FRV-1 is bashed so often that it's showing you how enthusiastic it is; ready, willing & able to go to work - "Pick me Coach!"
[/Apw]

Big Grin

(my little Polytune does the same thing)

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014 15:44:29

Dead Reverb work damn it work Dead Reverb

http://www.reverbnation.com/thegreasemonkeyz

My FRV-1 defaults to on also. I just stomp it when I fire up the board and it's all good. However, I play my tweed amps without reverb quite a bit. I like just a bit of reverb on all the time so when using these amps it is handy because it is always there and I don't have to remember to turn it on.

It would be OK with me if all my pedals went to "effect mode on" at power up. At least I would know they are connected to the grid. I always test and tweek prior to performance.

Keep it Drippy Brothers and Sisters!

Is there a battery in it?

TeeJay ōjō

That is an excellent thought TeeJay. No battery in my boarded pedals.

Keep it Drippy Brothers and Sisters!

The battery gets physically disconnected when the power plug is inserted into a pedal.

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

Dead Reverb Dead Reverb Dead Reverb Dead Reverb

Putting it in a true bypass loop, or even better - a blend loop, is probably a good idea.
Ah, what the hell... Dead Reverb Dead Reverb Dead Reverb

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014 21:34:32

Don't listen to them little FRV-1... YOU RULE!

BOSS FINK "R.P.M." available now from DOUBLE CROWN RECORDS!
www.facebook.com/BossFink
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Ha!! Nice photo Norm!

I finally got one of these, and I've gotta say, I love it. No, it's not a tank, but it will fit in my coat pocket if I need it to. Mine does seem to default to "on" as well, but why would I ever turn it off?

Matt Heaton & the Electric Heaters
"Dick Dale meets Dennis Lehane"
http://www.heatonsurf.com

It's a great pedal. Very close to a tank and without the tone suck and volume loss. I prefer the Fender tank, but I could get by with just the FRV-1.

www.apollo4.com

Page 1 of 1