Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink This is pretty darn great tone!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5

Michael,

Great news about new music in the future.
I love everything you've done.
If you are ever interested in coming to USA to play,
I would love to have you at a SG101 convention.
Please write me an email if you would be interested.
Cheers!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Michael,

I got your email and I replied.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

langhorn wrote:

Hi all
I just read this thread, interesting stuff and thanks Ivan for your support. A final (?) word on the Delta Blues. I have followed couple of threads about the amp in different guitar forums; the general opinion is that it sounds great IF you use the clean channel and stay away from the boost-switch. I did the opposite when using the amp. Used the gain channel and the boost activated. I almost always used the neck pickup and the treble on the amp had to be almost maxed. I was on the lower limit all the time treble-wise and had to put on new strings every gig.

Michael, have you considered getting an actual Vox AC-30? The Delta Blues sound very 'Vox-y' to my ears, and a real AC-30 will have NO shortage of treble, solving your main problem with the Delta Blues. Just wondering....

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Thanks I'll get back to you very soon.

bigtikidude wrote:

Michael,

Great news about new music in the future.
I love everything you've done.
If you are ever interested in coming to USA to play,
I would love to have you at a SG101 convention.
Please write me an email if you would be interested.
Cheers!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015 02:16:03

Hi
I have tried AC 30's a couple of times but never for surf guitar sound.
I guess the Delta has lots of treble if you dial in a "normal" setting. The Normal channel is really nice although it hasn't got the Fender chime. I used the boost-function which really is a mid-boost. Also I have problems with many strat bridge pickups, I find them too spikey and with no body. So I ended up using the neck positions on the strat + the amp boosted. I really liked the sound but I was really sensitive to old strings where I felt I lost all spank/twang. I pushed the treble almost maxed on the amp but this was only due to the activated boost.
IvanP wrote:

langhorn wrote:

Hi all
I just read this thread, interesting stuff and thanks Ivan for your support. A final (?) word on the Delta Blues. I have followed couple of threads about the amp in different guitar forums; the general opinion is that it sounds great IF you use the clean channel and stay away from the boost-switch. I did the opposite when using the amp. Used the gain channel and the boost activated. I almost always used the neck pickup and the treble on the amp had to be almost maxed. I was on the lower limit all the time treble-wise and had to put on new strings every gig.

Michael, have you considered getting an actual Vox AC-30? The Delta Blues sound very 'Vox-y' to my ears, and a real AC-30 will have NO shortage of treble, solving your main problem with the Delta Blues. Just wondering....

HallmarkSweptWinger wrote:

Hi Michael, welcome to the forum! Great to have you here!

Thanks for your explanations with your sound. Very interesting.
I guess especially your first album is a modern milestone for many here!
For me it is! (I even liked the shark game a lot!!!!!!)
Thanks for this release! (and the others! : ) )

Looking forward for new Langhorns stuff!!!!!!
Go Go!!!

I also liked the shark game a lot.
I'm very glad that I read this thread, because somehow the third Langhorns album completely passed me by! And now I can look forward to the next one as well.

Los Fantasticos

I must admit that after reading this thread/posts, I decided to join the AC30 club myself yesterday. It's a 1996 AC30 TBXP Ltd. (uk, cel. blues etc.) Sounds as good or maybe even better than expected. Cool
Org. poster got it all right (of course!) This is pretty darn great tone!

Fantastic, Rudi, congratulations! Welcome to the surfin'-AC30s club! Smile

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

IvanP wrote:

Fantastic, Rudi, congratulations! Welcome to the surfin'-AC30s club! Smile

I knew exactly which one to get after reading your posts (except the colour), thanks! Smile

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015 08:42:04

Beautiful amp! Thumbs Up

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Very happy to be of help, Rudi!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

I got to actually play through a used Peavey Delta Blues today for the first time, and I was truly impressed by its sound. The Vox tube lineup combined with a 1x15" speaker, really nice built-in reverb and a fantastic trem - a wonderful combination! It was only $400, and I was deeply tempted to go home with it, but I resisted. But if anybody is looking for a great-sounding, LOUD amp for surf and you're on a budget, you really could do much worse!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Thanks for sharing this info Ivan!

Vox tube lineup combined with a 1x15" speaker, really nice built-in reverb and a fantastic trem - a wonderful combination!

Indeed it should be.

The irony is that where I live, the Delta Blues is more expansive than the AC30. . . .

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015 07:01:19

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5