Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
176 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
123 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink New Fender '68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6

New Fender Tweeds

This is completely crazy.

I would never use UPS for overseas shipping.

If there was an issue with weight/ size there are options. The insured USPS pricing was not that "unreasonably" high to ship across the world. My products are all over Europe, Scandinavia, Canada and Oz and USPS has been pretty darn good with insured deliveries.

Just sayin'

slopoke wrote:

tahitijack wrote:

Why not make life much simpler and just buy a Gomez amp?

Price of Gomez amp: $1949.00
Shipping from California to Slovenia by UPS: $1148.18
or Postage via USPS: 675.22
Add 30% import duty (yes, they charge duty on shipping costs): $787.27
Total: $3411

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016 10:18:43

D22 wrote:

IMO, if Fender releases hand-wired, Brownface RI's the prices will be quite high. Fender just released some Tweeds and they're far from a reasonable price point...considering it's Fender.

Indeed; if they did some people would be saying "gee, probably shoulda bought that Surfer when I had the chance."

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Thanks Badger!!

I almost sent my Vibrolux back when it arrived. While unboxing I noticed a screw that was stuck in the power tube cage. I thought, hmm, that's strange but maybe it's an extra. It wasn't extra. The next night I discovered one of the transformers was dangling from one loose screw. I had to dis-assemble the amp and pull the chassis to get the nut that was rolling loose inside the amp. It took nearly 1/2 hour to balance the nut and get the thread started due to the proximity of the circuit boards. Glad I found the loose screw in the first place.

Amp sounds great. First thought was that the custom side was perfect. Going back and forth I really appreciate tone on both channels. Very nice stock amp from Fender.

Any thoughts on a pair of Warehouse G10C's? Celestions are nice but looking for a bit more chime. Thanks for your help.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6