Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Los Twang! Marvels European Tour 2014 (cancelled!?!)

Page 1 of 1

UPDATE: ALL THE TOURDATES MENTIONED BELOW HAVE BEEN CANCELLED!
Don't know why, but it looks like it's not going to happen. Cry

I stumbled upon this yesterday, when I googled the band just to see if anything was in the make (for which it is way about time):

Los Twang! Marvels will be doing a short tour through Germany, Austria and Switzerland in early 2014!!!

So far I was only able to findout about one date:
Feb 25th - Werk 2, Leipzig

But the info text on the website of the Werk 2 mentions a whole tour, so I am very excited and hope everything will work out so that I can see this fabulous band once more.

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014 03:45:33

Great news for fans, looking forward to hearing more.

Stumbled upon two other dates, making a total of three known so far:

Feb 22th - Parkclub, Fürstenwalde (with Stevie & his Sideburns)
Feb 23th - Wild at Heart, Berlin

Berlin on a Sunday... Well at least it will make sure I don't have anything else on the schedule. Whatever

"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

And another one to add:
Feb 22th - Parkclub, Fürstenwalde (with Stevie & his Sideburns)
Feb 23th - Wild at Heart, Berlin
March 1st - Roadrunner's Paradise, Berlin

AND: According to the club's website this is going to be a RECORD RELEASE PARTY!!!

But somehow all of this reminds me of the scene from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with the constructions plans "on display" in a locked cellar: "Ever thought of going into advertising?" Confused

hi!

Los Twang! Marvels will be doing a short tour through Germany, Austria and Switzerland in early 2014!!!

do you know something about the Austrian Dates??? Their website is not very helpful Very Happy

yours
wolfi

http://www.surfgrammeln-san.org
https://www.facebook.com/BaluUndSurfgrammeln
http://greencookierecords.bandcamp.com/album/coming-out-soon-los-chicharrones-del-surf-10

No, I only found out about all of these shows more or less accidentily by looking at homepages of some clubs to find out how I could spend my free evenings. Didn't work so far and now I don't even really have a free evening this weekend... Dead

Oh shit, now I remember that Surfer Joe & the Tonomats will also be in town on March the 1st... I was afraid something like that would happen. Tough choice... Dead

See this is what happens when people don't
Talk to each other n plan accordingly.

Here it's hard enough to get people to a show,
Then when there is multiple shows on the same
Night, you divide the crowd.
Unless of course it's very far across town.
Some people won't travel more than 5 miles to
See a band. :-/

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff, I'm totally with you, but in this case you have two full international tours and there would probably not have been much leeway to avoid things like this. Sigh

Actually the SJ and the LTM shows on March the 1st will be almost door to door, just about 5 minutes to walk. However both are evening shows and will start about roughly the same time... I will probably see LTM in February, so I have a slight tendency toward going to see Lorenzo in March, but I can't really decide on it at the moment. None

Tough decision,
I hate being in that situation.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Maybe you can try Mrs. Doubtfire's trick.

When you have to shoot ... shoot! Don't talk.
"Los Grainders" www.facebook.com/losgrainders
"Planeta Reverb" www.facebook.com/planetareverb

Emilien03 wrote:

Maybe you can try Mrs. Doubtfire's trick. One night, two shows!

simoncoil wrote:

Jeff, I'm totally with you, but in this case you have two full international tours and there would probably not have been much leeway to avoid things like this. Sigh

Actually the SJ and the LTM shows on March the 1st will be almost door to door, just about 5 minutes to walk. However both are evening shows and will start about roughly the same time... I will probably see LTM in February, so I have a slight tendency toward going to see Lorenzo in March, but I can't really decide on it at the moment. None

Simon, unfortunately the dates have been decided long time ago for me, it's a shame. Anyway, at the White Trash I will be with the Tonomats and the first set as you know will start quite early. You might be able to see both.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

UPDATE: ALL THE TOURDATES MENTIONED ABOVE HAVE BEEN CANCELLED!

simoncoil wrote:

UPDATE: ALL THE TOURDATES MENTIONED ABOVE HAVE BEEN CANCELLED!

The website of "Werk 2 Leipzig" says (translated) 'cancelled because of serious illness of one member of the band'. That doesn't sound good

http://www.werk-2.de/

Mad

Oh no, that's horrible,
Whoever it is, I hope they get well soon.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Alex told me to convey to everyone his sincere thanks for our understanding and concern. While not serious, it is urgent enough that he had to immediately return to Buenos Aries to take care of it. He is very, very grateful for everyone's support, and sends hugs to us all. And vibes, he sends his vibes.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014 07:03:40

Thank you for the update Noel!
As much as I was looking forward for this tour: Health is more important!

Page 1 of 1