Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink DAIKAIJU U.S.A., CHINA, S. KOREA, JAPAN ATTACKS 2013!!! (09.15 - DAIKAIJU ATTACKS THIRSTY HIPPO IN HATTIESBURG, MS TONIGHT!!!)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

All I can say is that I'm very proud that you were able to pull off a tour of this magnitude.Daikaiju is the perfect band to represent the world of surf instro to a world that doesn't get much action like this.What a treat they got too!I wonder how many bands this tour will spawn? So very proud of you guys!

Reverb, It's A Way Of Life!

DAIKAIJU ATTACKS ROCKY MOUNTAIN TAVERN IN SEOUL, KOREA TONIGHT!!!

Monsters Of Surf
Daikaiju

brandonio wrote:

All I can say is that I'm very proud that you were able to pull off a tour of this magnitude.Daikaiju is the perfect band to represent the world of surf instro to a world that doesn't get much action like this.What a treat they got too!I wonder how many bands this tour will spawn? So very proud of you guys!

Thanks, Brandonio! See you in Indy next month!

Monsters Of Surf
Daikaiju

TONIGHT DAIKAIJU ATTACKS CLUB FF IN SEOUL, KOREA!!!

AND ANOTHER ATTACK ANNOUNCED...

08.04 - Double A Studio - Seoul, South Korea

Monsters Of Surf
Daikaiju

brandonio wrote:

Indeed, well said!

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

kaijusaafu wrote:

Thanks, Brandonio! See you in Indy next month!

Where are you playing in Indy next month? I checked you tour dates on your main website and facebook and nothing is posted past Aug.Help!

DAIKAIJU SURPRISE ATTACKS BRANDONIO'S HOUSE!

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

They can surprise attack my garage,my house not so much.

We've had Daikaiju surprise sleep attack
Our place, it's hard to get Daikaiju residue outta the
Carpet after.
OMG

Jeff(bigtikidude)

PREPARING FOR FINAL ATTACK ON SOUTH KOREA!!! DAIKAIJU ATTACKS OL'55 IN BUSAN TONIGHT!!!

Monsters Of Surf
Daikaiju

Daikaiju played the final Korean gig of their tour last night, and they were a total riot! The venue was one of those small, intimate places, with a small but very responsive audience. Roundeye opened the show, and they created intensity right from the start. Nothing to do with surf, but a real high-energy, raw enthusiasm, post-punk kind of thing complete with crazed singer/guitarist and barking saxophone. I don't think the crowd had any idea what they were getting themselves into by showing up that night, but they were dancing by the end of the set.

Then Daikaju stormed in and took the intensity up to the next level (pretty damn high, in other words). After a couple of songs, tables were being shoved out of the way, beer was all over the floor, people were jumping around, and there was noise, sweat, furious double picking, and huge smiles everywhere. In these parts, live surf comes around about once every 20 years -- so once, in practical terms -- but these guys were worth the wait. In my rabid eagerness for this show, I turned up about five hours early. The club was locked, but it meant being able to hang around outside with both bands while we waited for someone to come and open the joint up. They were all an awesome bunch of guys, very easy going and interesting to talk with. 99.999% of Busanians will never know what they missed last night; this was a live show that somehow managed to include and engage everyone while simultaneously blowing the room away. The few Koreans there -- and some of the foreigners -- seemed a bit unsure what to make of it all, but nobody could resist the double-fist kabuki reverb attack. My girlfriend had never seen anything like it. She did her best to stay out at the fringes of the action, but was still awed in the best way possible and can't stop talking about it. For one glorious night, my one-man surf island had visitors -- thanks again, guys!

PS: Took a bunch of pics, and I've tried and tried to post them, but it just ain't happening. I've posted photos here before, so who knows what's up.

Thanks for the review MissingLink !

Monkey Ju

Pirato Ketchup
Facebook
Bandcamp

OK, let's see if this works...

Hot damn! Here's Roundeye in action.

Last edited: Aug 08, 2013 05:54:46

And Daikaiju rippin' it up...

imageimage![image]imageimageimageimageimageimage
Sorry about the lack of vid coverage. There's no substitute for actually hearing these guys live -- pics don't do them justice!

Where's Kendall ?

Monkey Ju

Pirato Ketchup
Facebook
Bandcamp

Dig the guy in red shoes keeping the bass drum steady.

http://www.reverbnation.com/thegreasemonkeyz

MissingLink wrote:

And Daikaiju rippin' it up...

imageimage![image]imageimageimageimageimageimage
Sorry about the lack of vid coverage. There's no substitute for actually hearing these guys live -- pics don't do them justice!

Great to meet a fellow SG101'er in Busan!!! Thanks so much for letting me try out your reverb tank and actually sound kinda surfy for a bit!!!

Monsters Of Surf
Daikaiju

Last edited: Aug 09, 2013 02:19:55

AT LAST-DAIKAIJU RISES UP FROM OSAKA BAY TO ATTACK JAPAN!!! TONIGHT DAIKAIJU ATTACKS SENGKU DAITOURYO LIVE HOUSE IN OSAKA!!!

Monsters Of Surf
Daikaiju

kaijusaafu wrote:

Great to meet a fellow SG101'er in Busan!!! Thanks so much for letting me try out your reverb tank and actually sound kinda surfy for a bit!!!

No probs at all, dude. Looking forward to the next Asian tour!

ANOTHER GLAMOUR SHOT FROM BUSAN!!!

Monsters Of Surf
Daikaiju

Last edited: Aug 09, 2013 16:18:33

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next