Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink POST your Main Rig Pics

Goto Page: Previous 1 218 19 20 21 2230 31 Next

Welcome. You are obviously discriminating about tone and gear though. I think that is the first Allen Hot Fudge I've seen around here. Is it sort of like a brown deluxe? I'll bet it is a sweet little amp, especially for recording.

It's a brown princeton clone, but it's got a 12" speaker. The Hot Fudge With Nuts is a brown deluxe clone. Same bias trem as the original. It does sound awesome, even at low volumes. I really, really love it. It's sounds great with both of those guitars, even though I'm a crappy player. I've only been playing a few short years, and have become addicted to surf, and it's really well suited for it.

I want less sustain. My notes are so tortured it seems only humane to let them die as quickly as possible.

Last edited: Mar 01, 2011 13:37:13

After so long of being on this forum, here is my updated rig, minus my green SGV-300image

http://reverbnation.com/Bodysnatchers
http://facebook.com/TheBodysnatchers
http://myspace.com/TheBodysnatchers1

Here's the rig minus the Dillion DJM61.

Guitars pictured here are left to right 2002 Fernandes LE-1, 2011 Fender Standard Stratocaster, 2005 Burny RLC-70S

Amps left and right are 1988 Fender '63 Vibroverb RI w/Crate Blue Voodoo 4x12 cab and a 1970 Univox U65 Korg AX3000G processor slightly out of sight on the floor.

imageimage

El Cheapo Guitars

Surf guitar on the rails...

Last edited: May 01, 2011 12:05:11

Ive been using for a while CIJ Jaguar with upgraded USA electronics & Novak Jag pups into ZVex Fuzz Factory into Digitech Digiverb into Strymon El Capistan into Proco Rat into Boss Tr-2 into heavily modified silverface Bassman head (reverb unit in bass channel, blackfaced power amp, tweeded preamp - head is similar in tone to dual proffesional CS) + 1x15 vox cab with JBL d130f

I think my first post to SG101 was to this topic back in 2008, here’s an update. I’m thinking of changing my SG101 Username to ReissueRoomSurfer, here’s why;
’63 Reissue Reverb
AVRI ’62 Jag
’63 Vibroverb Reissue

Last edited: Sep 05, 2011 15:12:44

my current toys

just buy this amp to go with my new toy,now i will search a tank

Last edited: Sep 06, 2011 05:44:03

Mmmmh! That Esquiremaster turned out great! What colour did you use on that build? Congrats on the amp - I'm a big Deluxe Reverb fan myself.

thanks ivr
the colors is really near otm
do you have finish your stang?

... don't remind me of my compstang No

The finish was really turning out great, but then I messed up the headstock badly by using a bad clear coat for the decal - got many gas bubbles and pinholes. I put it aside for a while.

OK, our band doesn't play any real surf by your definition, but definitely digging the old Fender amps.

My current amps - L-R: 1965 Bandmaster rescued and turned into a 2x12 combo with Weber California 12s, Dr. Z Mini Z with 1x12 cab, Princeton with no-name extension cab.

'77 Pull boost Princeton reverb updated with blackface specs and a Deluxe Output transformer. faceplate was scratched beyond recognition, so I got a replacement off eBay.

1965 Showman head, recently rescued and put back to AB763 specs, sitting on a 64-65 Bandmaster cab. Cab had tone-ring back, but newer 2x12 baffle; replaced Rola Celestions with Warehouse Speakers G12C. New grill cloth and hardware on order from Mojo.

Current pedalboard, although the Ibanez chorus is failing and will be replaced by a TC Electronic Tone Print.

'65 Fender Tremolux, '74 Princeton; 77 Vibrolux Reverb; '81 Princeton Reverb
'65-66 Hilgen Basso Grande
Dr. Z MAZ 18 Jr. + 1x12 Cab
Various Telecasters and noise-making pedals
Farfisa Compact Duo

Last edited: Sep 06, 2011 22:44:40

Here's my current setup: '62 Bandmaster, '63 RI Tank, Partsmaster with vintage '64 Pickups.

looks fantastic

That 62 Bandmaster is super drool-worthy - tube driven vibrato + the outboard tube reverb - sweetness. Wow!

Did you have them retolexed? The tolex and grill cloth look super clean; also wondering where the tilt back legs are.

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard...

Farfisa Compact Duo

Lot's of great looking gear on the pages.

Here's my main surf rig. 65 Bandmaster, highly modified MIJ Jazzmaster with virtually everything replaced with AVRI parts except the tuners, replica reverb tank that I scratch built a couple of years ago.

Danny Ellison aka dubtrub

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011 23:43:29

nedorama wrote:

That 62 Bandmaster is super drool-worthy - tube driven
vibrato + the outboard tube reverb - sweetness. Wow!

Did you have them retolexed? The tolex and grill cloth
look super clean; also wondering where the tilt back
legs are.

Thanks! I retolexed and 'regrilled' myself Smile more pix here...
I built the cab myself and I didn't get round to add the legs yet.

What Dubtrub, no Mosrite in the main rig?!? All very cool, though. That scratch-built tank looks great with the other gear.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011 04:48:32

Tele with Bigsby, '61 Bassman, Van Amps Sole-Mate reverb tank/pedal (with springs, for those essential crashes)

irv78 wrote:

nedorama wrote:

That 62 Bandmaster is super drool-worthy - tube
driven
vibrato + the outboard tube reverb - sweetness. Wow!

Did you have them retolexed? The tolex and grill
cloth
look super clean; also wondering where the tilt back
legs are.

Thanks! I retolexed and 'regrilled' myself Smile more
pix
here...

I built the cab myself and I didn't get round to add
the legs yet.

You did a great job - wow.
Here's the pictures of the 65 Bandmaster I rescued from a horrible fate.
http://gallery.me.com/nedorama#100514&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Farfisa Compact Duo

Goto Page: Previous 1 218 19 20 21 2230 31 Next