Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Recording Corner »

Permalink Android apps for recording

Page 1 of 1

Has anyone ventured out to using an android-based app for multi-track recording? I'd liek to just record a couple of guitar/bass parts and layer them "just like the old days"

Free, preferable. My work pays for my phones so i don't know how to get around for paying for an app. I could use my ipod and some other devices..

Thanks!

I have been looking at a few free 4-track apps on Google Play that would work for what you have in mind, as my good lady bought me a tablet for my birthday. I think your phone/device must be Google certified then you open a gmail account and you're good to go (no purchase necessary).

I can't recommend anything at this stage as I am a beginner with the latest gadgetry and don't know the difference between a widget or an app Confused

i found an Archos tablet here at work i can use. (more or less android/google based) and we'll see how it goes.

I hope they come out with something like IRig - that works with Android devices. Iphone/Ipad owners are lucky.

No luck yet.. From work i got and Archos Internet Tablet.. so it's "sorta" android. There are a couple free apps i loaded to the phone that kinda work and show potential -that's full on android. But this isn't the same..

and just another reason why i absolutely ABHORR ANYTHING google/android.. ick.

so1om wrote:

and just another reason why i absolutely ABHORR ANYTHING google/android.. ick.

You abhor anything google/android because a shitty third party manufacturer took software that google released for free and decided to butcher the OS and release it on a horrible piece of hardware?

no.. I have never liked google... it's funny how people are all microsoft/apple are evil b/c, Shock they want to MAKE MONEY!! google is "the nice guys" -yet they and their practices are the worst offenders...

unfortunately for all the parts i design, we put them into mostly android based stuff. so i'm 'forced' to use their stuff because of work. and they provide me with tons of phones, anything i want, etc. for free. We all have our price...

and to have a youtube account, i am "forced" to have a google log in..

i think the BIG turn off is how they get your phone, computer, what you search, your contacts, who you call etc.. all into one thing. So if i'm at my cmputer or my phone or where ever, it's all the same.. Well jeez.. if i used the phone (or gmail, etc..) the way they would liek me to use it, god forbid should i lose my phone.. end game right there.

So my phone has a ghost gmail, youtube another, etc. i try and keep it all separate as possible (though eventually fruitless i imagine).

AND GET OFF MY LAWN!!! Big Grin

Doesn't matter if you lose your phone because it is all backed up on your gmail account.

Your negatives are the appeal to me!

I've never understood the Microsoft is evil thing. People just buy crappy products with Windows on them. Microsoft also has inept leadership and they couldn't market food to a Sudanese orphan. Windows 8 is going to be a disaster though.

Apple isn't evil, Steve Jobs was a son-of-a-bitch though. Money whore. Really happy with this new guy. Still, OS X and iOS are not the products for me. I find them to not be the best platforms of their kind. I am a former iPhone owner, Macbook Owner(great hardware, limited OS), and I use a Mac for work every day. It isn't awful, but just limited.

Right.. but then it takes NOTHING to crack and hack a phone and lo and behold.. someone has all my accounts and contacts and such.

The other thing is this.. if you get an iPhone, you pretty much have EVERYTHING and iPhone offers. The OS is the same.

If you buy an android based phone, it can be anything they can strip out features, turn off stuff, unsupport upgrades.. it's crazy. I had one phone that i couldn't sort contacts by last name. Like.. Really?

for android-based, I've had the most luck with the Motorola Atrix series, 1, 2, adn now the HD (though it was always HD, soo???)

__

Page 1 of 1