Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Can someone ID a song for me? - Messer Chups content

Page 1 of 1

Hey guys, a little embarrassing, but I know that I know this song and cannot for the life of me remember from where/who. Little help, please.

A little Messer Chups

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

Theme from "Black Saddle" by Jerry Goldsmith.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012 09:12:18

Thanks for the lead on an interesting band. Smile I am really digging their tunes. Anyone know where to get a proper discography of there material and where there CD's can be bought? Amazon seems to only list the the MP3 downloads and the more I look the more material I am finding with no idea how big their catalogue is.

Cheers

I am not obsolete, I am RETRO.... Cool

Alot of the time, you can get their CD's from www.doublecrownrecords.com In the past 3 or 4 months, he's offered 4 different titles for sale, new.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012 10:15:32

Discography + Buy Vinyl&CD:
http://www.discogs.com/search?q=messer+chups&type=releases

Discogs
bandcamp

Thanks! Big Grin

I am not obsolete, I am RETRO.... Cool

Their early stuff is pretty experimental, kinda electronic meets surf.
For more straight forward surf check out "Heretic Channel" and "Bermuda 66."

The Phantomatics on Facebook
The Phantomatics on Instagram
The Phantomatics on Bandcamp

Don't forget to mention 'Messer für Frau Müller" (which is the same band).

The Hicadoolas

If this isn't the sweetest video ever, I don't know what is.

Messer Chups rule!

Davidphantomatic is right about their early stuff. Its pretty crazy & experimental. But the last few releases are a lot more surfy (and cool).

Heretic Channel is my fave album of theirs, but there are 2 versions of the album. The first version (which the song in this video is from) doesnt sound as cool as the second version to my ears. I think it was re-recorded and re-released or something. Their releases get a little confusing. Also, the second version has a cool song about a fight between Bruce Lee and Christopher Lee. LOVE IT!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012 11:23:50

Ha, I was just listening to Messer Chups while checking this thread.

I really dig a Surfin Bird mash-up they did (there are several versions only one of which I really like)

I have the Zombie Shopping album which contains liberal amounts of Vincent Price samples and horror themes.

https://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=9353f9155b5ff32e14c998495fd00da4&#!/rich.derksen.7

Did I put this post in the Gear forum? Oops.

Fritz, yes, that's it. I remember hearing it first on the "Rare Surf: Vol. 2" comp that had The Nocturnes, The Revellaires, and a few others. Thanks.

Messer Chups are indeed one of the coolest bands in the world, and I agree with the comments about the weirdness of their early stuff. Some of their stuff is very atmospheric and vibey, (I know those are somewhat nebulous descriptors) which I realize more and more is what most of my favorite tunes (surf/instro or not) have in spades. I think capturing some kind of ambiance, the ability to create something that's real evocative in some manner, is what separates some players and songwriters from the pack.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

Page 1 of 1