SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter
SG101 on YouTube

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

Golddaddy: I am newbie to this website. Thanks
22 days ago

Outerwave_Allen: OUTERWAVE is looking for a new drummer. If you are in So. Cal. Call Allen at (714) 767-8576 Cool
21 days ago

Golddaddy: I wish SG101 would do another jassmaster giveaway :c.. When I found out about it, it was too late
12 days ago

Noel: Such events depend entirely on the generosity of others. Who knows what this year will bring?
9 days ago

bigtikidude: http://surfg... HB pier schedule for summer 2014
5 days ago

tubeswell: Where are the other shallow-enders today?
4 days ago

bigtikidude: Easter Holiday weekend
4 days ago

CousinMary: Listening to the Mermen in Oakland, CA. They are sounding soooo good.
2 days ago

Tuck: Tubeswell, they were out spalshing with the mermaid.
1 day ago

Tuck: Where is autospell when I need it?
1 day ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 MP3 Comps
Top 101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Fender's latest: Jaguarillo and Offset Special

Page 1 of 1

A couple of new Fender entries that might be worth a spin:

Jaguarillo

Offset Special

Last edited: May 10, 2012 00:54:06

+bump+

Both very nice but its the Jaguarillo that really gets me, way too cool.

These are cool however the Pawn Shop line are a bit overpriced in my opinion. The Jaguarillo is what a Jag-Stang should have been... or... kinda. Smile I dig it and would consider getting one as more of a "rock" guitar.

Fugly.

Twisted Evil > Angel

I agree with Matt....

One thing I am curious about is how the singles coil strat pups sound on a 24" scale jag....rumor is that jag pups are essentially the same as strat pups, so I guess this would be a great test.

I'd love to replace that zebra humbucker with a mosrite pup.

Jaguarillo doesn't seem too bad but why keep coming out with this stuff? I swear if they made an affordable regular Jaguar they would sell like cheap drugs.

You can put humbuckers in it, but why?

surferXmatt wrote:

These are cool however the Pawn Shop line are a bit overpriced in my opinion. The Jaguarillo is what a Jag-Stang should have been... or... kinda. Smile I dig it and would consider getting one as more of a "rock" guitar.

I agree.The first pawn shop guitars were MIJ, those are MIM from what I have heard. It seems to be the same neck than the blacktop Jag... and apart from the tremolo with the locking thing...why is it 250$ more expensive ?

http://noskons.bandcamp.com/

Played the Jaguarillo yesterday. I have to say, it felt incredible. Great neck and comfortable balanced body. Everything felt solid hardware wise. Tone wise, a bit anemic however, could stand a pickup swap. For $800 or whatever they are asking for it though, I would skip this one and go for something else. This could be a really good alternative rock/indie guitar but not suited too well for surf in my opinion. Contrary to comments prior I dig the look of this in person, does not look as strange as it does in pics.

Page 1 of 1