SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter
SG101 on YouTube

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

nielsjansen: Have you voted yet for the Surf Album Top 101? You have 11 days left to do so!
19 days ago

dp: <(")
19 days ago

DrNo: los straitjackets
18 days ago

Tuck: So it does, Mom!
18 days ago

Golddaddy: I am newbie to this website. Thanks
18 days ago

Outerwave_Allen: OUTERWAVE is looking for a new drummer. If you are in So. Cal. Call Allen at (714) 767-8576 Cool
17 days ago

Golddaddy: I wish SG101 would do another jassmaster giveaway :c.. When I found out about it, it was too late
8 days ago

Noel: Such events depend entirely on the generosity of others. Who knows what this year will bring?
5 days ago

bigtikidude: http://surfg... HB pier schedule for summer 2014
2 days ago

tubeswell: Where are the other shallow-enders today?
1 hour ago

Please login or register to shout.

IRC Status
  • DaveF
  • Emilio
  • tubeswell
  • wfoguy

Join them in the #ShallowEnd!

Need help getting started?

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 MP3 Comps
Top 101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink The Hangee V - Surf

Page 1 of 1

Check out The Hangee's do some surf cover's. Great stuff!

The Deadbeats

I didn't find the Hangee V discs to be surf-esque at all. Was there even a single all-instro tune on them?

They're definitely not a surf band. They're a garage band but their surf influences come off in their sound. They have 2 instrumental surf songs in their first self titled album and 2 more (one of which is a fuzz instro) in their second album, Unpleasantly Yours. But they're latest 7" single has a surf song. You should check it out. And they'll be releasing a split 7" with The Angry Breed, side project of The Surfites, which will be all fuzz. It should be out soon.

I recommend you look into The Uninvited. That's the guitar player's old surf band from the 90's. They're really good. The albums are; Surfin' & Trashin' and Nuragic Surfari. I think you might like that stuff a little more. Great albums indeed.

The Deadbeats

I've never heard of The Uninvited. Maybe I'll have to give the Hangee discs another spin...

Page 1 of 1